AZ Aug trip, common wheelin w us!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Details As of SO FAR:
========================
TRAIL NAME: Box Canyon of the Hassayampa (Closed due to monsoons)
DIFFICULTY: Stockers Welcome, skids also welcome =D
MEETING DATE: TBA, after monsoons ovr prolly
MEETING TIME:
MEET AT:
ROSTER:
TOTAL TO DATE:
NOTES: AUG TRIP moved to AUG TRIP 2.0, location change still a trip! We will run this trail, but we will do it another time......
========================

Aj could you post the pics of this area again for our reader's pleasure and reference?

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here AJ, I'll take care of it for ya:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've seen those pics before!!! ;)

Add Beth and I to the list. :)

I'll suggest three places to meet:

1 - McD's, in Wickenburg
2 - Hwy 93 and Rincon Rd, northwest of town
3 - at the river bottom farther down Rincon Rd

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a fan of meeing somwhere which isnt in the middle of nowhere, i keep meeting everyone in the wrong place somehow. Did that now on our Apache trail trip, and Crown king trip. How about McDonalds? Plus i can get breakfast =)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a fan of meeing somwhere which isnt in the middle of nowhere, i keep meeting everyone in the wrong place somehow. Did that now on our Apache trail trip, and Crown king trip. How about McDonalds? Plus i can get breakfast =)
Sounds good to me... post it.

I haven't seen Pearl here lately, so I sent her an e-mail about this trip. I'm sure she would like this one. She had a blast climbing that hill and playing in the sand on the last trip....

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool i pm'ed her just now but not sure if she will get it, email form u would be even better =) Anyone mind if i go ahead and run a copy of this thread over in lost? er shall we just keep it a kj country trip? Their July trip was killed i think and the other 1/2 went to big bear.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08k... just sent you a PM.

Hey, the more the merrier, post it.

And don't forget to bring your SkyJacker2000.... :D

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone! Dont forget to review the first post in this thread for the updated details as they unfold, rather than making everyone read through the whole thread for the info as it all happens we have contacted minimedic and she is avail the <SEE FIRST POST IN THREAD> So im moving the date. Im crossing my fingers this doesnt mess anyone else up. =) Please chime in if there's a problem....

Second thought (not related to first)
Does this location require any special permission and or passes we need to take care of?

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of the people that go to Church on Sunday. Maybe the 12th is a bad day and the 18th would be better??? And I could clean up the Liberty on Sunday so Beth doesn't have to drive a dirty KJ to work on Monday. LOL....

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe by then there will be a little water in them there hills to play in, looks like a lot of fun! but not too much water to pooch the trip =)

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! Been crazy busy with work and "life". I was getting ready to send a sad post saying that I couldn't go, but I went back and saw that y'all changed the date to Aug 18. So, WOO HOO, I'll be off, and would love to go!! I'll see if my b/f can go. Cant wait! Hope all is well with everyone!!

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count us in. Is this going to be sandy enough so that our stock Wrangler HP tires are going to be a problem?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shawn, If funding becomes an issue, you can ride shotgun on my little tractor engine'ed KJ =)

Rus, (This comment goes to minimedic too.....)
I dont think it will be a problem, i know wide tires are prefered in sand, but if you stay in 4wd and make sure not to stop anywhere uber sandy, and air down for a little extra foot print, i bet yull be fine. ill b aquiring a tow strap and prolly a come along just in case for the trip so worse comes to worse we can nudge you out should it be a problem, er vis versa ;) oh ugh.. er was i supposed to say no way as to provide justification for you to get new tires? hehehe

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 245/70 R16 tires and no lift, there really isnt any rubbing to speak of. In a full turn the tire barly touches the front fender well but not enough to cause any uneven wear.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty/Tires_&_Rims

Good little read if ya havent already on liberty tires width, dia, ect.....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shawn, If funding becomes an issue, you can ride shotgun on my little tractor engine'ed KJ =)

Rus, (This comment goes to minimedic too.....)
I dont think it will be a problem, i know wide tires are prefered in sand, but if you stay in 4wd and make sure not to stop anywhere uber sandy, and air down for a little extra foot print, i bet yull be fine. ill b aquiring a tow strap and prolly a come along just in case for the trip so worse comes to worse we can nudge you out should it be a problem, er vis versa ;) oh ugh.. er was i supposed to say no way as to provide justification for you to get new tires? hehehe

If that's the case and as long as I'm not still in CA (which I think I'm back before then), count me in.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill b aquiring a tow strap and prolly a come along just in case

I'm well stocked with straps - a good 30' yanker, 5' and 25' tree protectors, and a nylon web strap or two. Not to mention a cheesy come-along and a hi-lift jack.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention a cheesy come-along and a hi-lift jack.
The only cheesy come-along is the one that breaks when you're hubcap-deep in a mud puddle :eek: :p In a pinch the hi-lift can be converted to a come-along. I have a 20' (or is it 30') nylon strap and a tow hook that will go in either hitch receiver; I've been looking for an excuse to go to 4Wheelers and get a D-ring shackle for the hitch, this might just do it :D

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and nice to see you finally pop yer nose in here Pearl :p Been wondering what was taking up all your time...

Its that yukey 4-letter word, "work" (blarg)!! And I'll be starting school soon, so what little free time I did have..... I'm excited to get in on another trip! Maybe if I break my piggy bank, I'll get some Skids before the trip! I'll have to bribe you guys into helping (ok, doing it) for me! :D When I priced them at the dealer's, it was about $300, is that good or is there a less expensive place (o8k-where'd you get yours?)

And for the record, I have been keeping an eye on here seeing what y'all are up to! Been incognito:cool: Was jealous looking at the June trip pics!