AZ KJcountry AUGUST TRIP 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this run going to be sat 18th or sun 19? does not matter to me. i think there is a run around tuscon that AZLOST is planning but i would rather run montana mountain being that it is way closer to me i am just confused :confused:
See post #1 and #2 of this thread for all the info. We're doing Montana Mountain Road, meeting at the Shell Station in Gold Canyon at 0830 on the 18th. Roll out is at 0900. And, as minimedic said above... see ya there!!! :)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops! Ya trip be on the 18th! I post on kj country from my phone a lot and somtimes i dont know where i am when im posting, small screen, little words... meant to post that thing about sunday in the other thread. Sorry for the confusion. SATURDAY 18th Saturday, August, Aug.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to go, but I cannot be sure until Thursday or Friday. If I do go, it will be riding along, becuase the ole' bank account is not too supportive of another road trip for me right now.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
understood, u can ride along w me if u still wanna go.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok who's excited about this one? Cant wait till the week is over!

Wish the weather would just give up on the heat for a minute, would love to bring the porta grill and do a cookout one of these times, hamburgers, brats, hotdogs, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, garlic, onion, steak, chicken...ect ect....

yummy,

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish the weather would just give up on the heat for a minute, would love to bring the porta grill and do a cookout one of these times, hamburgers, brats, hotdogs, mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus, garlic, onion, steak, chicken...ect ect.... yummy,
Hang in there a couple of more months. BBQ season starts about mid-October, when the heat finally lets up. There is a nice shaded spot at the top of the trail which is a good place to grill out or camp....

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to charge your batteries, cameras, frs radios, ect...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to charge your batteries, cameras, frs radios, ect...

...also pack a lunch or some trail snacks AND bring at least 1 gallon of water for each person (it's going to be a hot 106° with lots of sunshine and a 10% chance of some monsoon action later in the day).

For those that want to get some dinner after the run, here are a few choices:

- Los Hermanos Mexican Restaurant in Superior (an okay older joint in the opposire direction from Phoenix when we exit the trail)

- Great Wall Chinese Restaurant in Gold Canyon (a small, newly opened strip mall place)

- Los Gringos Locos Mexican Restaurant a few miles north of US 60 in Apache Junction (a nice place with good food, a bar and good Margarita's)

We'll see everyone tomorrow at the Shell Station on the NE corner of US 60 and Mountainbrook Dr in Gold Canyon at 0830 with a 0900 roll out....

You must be registered for see images

(Our Cell Phone # has been PM'd to everyone on the list.)

\\:D/ (partysmile) \\:D/

------

wrc.gif

(Stay left... Watch the rock... Climb that hill... Go right)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yay its the 18th finally.... =D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're back from another fun day in the Arizona back country. It took us six hours to run the 30 mile trail that started in the lower desert, went up Montana Mountain (Wells #48) and then down the other side on some narrow switchbacks and through a rock garden.

We had five KJ's on this run...

- o8k w/co-pilot desertkj
- AZKJ w/co-pilot Beth
- rkeegstra w/co-pilot Mary
- minimedic w/co-pilot Sam
- M&P40

The trail was nothing extreme other than a short side trip o8k took to check out the new lift. The only other parts of the trail that took some careful driving was another short side trail to an old stone cabin and then the rock garden back on the main trail.

Everyone made it through with no problems. o8k and M&P40, in their lifted KJ's, made everything look like a drive down Main Street. The rest of us (minimedic has no skids) had to watch what we were doing.

After the run, we aired up. minimedic and M&P40 had to head home (they had tickets to a pre-season Cardinal football game). The rest of us found our way to a little Chinese Restaurant in Gold Canyon. We all ordered something different and shared, so we had a large sampling of food. After dinner we sat around talking about anything and everything for a couple of hours. To my surprise, the waitress didn't seem to mind we stayed so long. She kept refilling our glasses with a smile on her face.

Montana Mountain (Wells #48) Award Winners:

eclipsee_gold_cup.g:
o8k w/desertkj is the Flex Champion in his newly lifted KJ with it's modified front bumper. He didn't need to use his RockStacker 2000 like he did on the Four Peaks run.

perfect10.gif
M&P40 wins the award for the Best Looking Rig in his shiny new and lifted '07 Renegade, with an ARB bumper and winch.

=D> drive.gif =D>
minimedic w/Sam wins the award for being the Pro Driver of the Day doing this trail without skids. You go girl. And good luck starting Fire School this coming week!!!

\\:D/ (biggthumpup) \\:D/
rkeegstra w/Mary gets the award for Eating the Most Dust. Thanks for running the tailgunner position and making sure nobody got left behind.

LOL... I guess the only award left goes to me and that's just for being the first to file a trip report and post some pics.

Beth and I really enjoyed the day and everyone's company. We're anxiously waiting for someone to post the next run. I'm sure o8k will come up with something soon. rkeegstra is going to put something together for October somewhere in the Tucson area. Can't wait for that.

You guys ROCK... a big thanks to everyone for a really nice day on the trail, hope to see you all again soon....

Here are a few pics I took today:

Getting ready to head out...

Break time...

o8k was the only one to go down into this wash...

Everybody checking out the rock garden before we go in...

minimedic driving into the rock garden...

M&P40 in the rock garden...

The lineup at the end of the run...

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for having me along. Although I didn't get to do any driving today, I enjoyed seeing what the KJ's could do and getting to hang out more with you guys. I also really enjoyed dinner afterwords. I'm planning on going again (with my own Jeep) once I get into the class routine.

I'll have pictures up tomorrow, but right now I'm enjoying a quiet time at home and the driveway just seems too far away lol.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a great time and am looking forward to another run in the near future. thanks for having me and being such a friendly group.

i am no shutterbug so here is my pic :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geat trip report! that was a very fun trip. i enjoyed hanging out and gabbing a bit afterwards too. good scenery back there, lots to explore. want to thank everyone for coming out and spending the day with us out there, and for dinner! hehehe. =) i think ill do the next one w a raffle including prizes. (dont expect much tho hehehe, but it should be fun). ill post any pics i have when i get home tomorrow....

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, it's time like this when I really hate work :mad: Glad to see everyone made it through, guess we can call that 'Casey's Wash' for now :p Good to see Pearl made it through the rocks, I figured a stocker with a good spotter could do it :D

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next run, just have to plan ahead and not get stuck working thru the weekend.

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto to everyones comments! Had a great time, even Sam was a bit suprised at the Libbys :D
I'd post a pic or two, but have figured out how. Also, Corwyyn we missed ya on this one. So until next time....