What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Yesterday) I drove it all over NE Ohio and Western PA from south of I-76/I-80 to Lake Erie and back. Longest trip I've taken since I installed the JBA coilovers.

I love my ride (Cheers)

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
(Yesterday) I drove it all over NE Ohio and Western PA from south of I-76/I-80 to Lake Erie and back. Longest trip I've taken since I installed the JBA coilovers.

I love my ride (Cheers)

Bob

To anyone who has not ridden in a JBA coilover lift, its so hard to tell them the difference it makes. I am dreading Sunday when I have to drive the 05 about 60 miles with stock suspension on it. Going to be rough but with Moms failing health, hard for her to even get in my " small lift " now .

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No difference at all between stock and lifted, :emotions34:
You must be registered for see images attach

Put a JKU next to it as that is what I said, not a KJ
Obviously you're going to be taller than a sagged stock KJ, but park yours next to a JKU with over 4" of lift like your Kili had and compare that instead :waytogo:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Put a JKU next to it as that is what I said, not a KJ
Obviously you're going to be taller than a sagged stock KJ, but park yours next to a JKU with over 4" of lift like your Kili had and compare that instead :waytogo:

I have parked next to one, same height, LOL
well lots of them as a matter of fact
although it was 3 inches and 35s

with my measly little 2.5 inch lift and 265-70-16s I'm taller than a JKU Rubicon

This is fun, I can debate this and have fun for months

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left it in the tent, out of the weather, and drove the beater. doesn't shake NEARLY as much as it did before, and it doesn't dart when entering a turn, so that's nice. think I need to do the other ball joint now, then decide if I have to replace the rack as well. I have a spare rack in storage as it turns out

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to track down why the rear feels so squirley after hitting large bumps/dips ... all bushings were good, bolts tight, rear uca fairly new..... might have to dig out the sway bar from the scrap heap

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to track down why the rear feels so squirley after hitting large bumps/dips ... all bushings were good, bolts tight, rear uca fairly new..... might have to dig out the sway bar from the scrap heap

Mine is also, never could find the answer to it
I thought it was the rear sway bar too but I threw it back on and it made no difference

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Are you sure the rear LCAs are good?
Bushings can look good but be worn out
Sway bar does diddly squat really

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the rear LCAs are good?
Bushings can look good but be worn out
Sway bar does diddly squat really

yeah sway bar is junk i know, took it off right when i bought it. if im going to remove the control arms to inspect the bushings, might as well just replace them :gr_grin:

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY sold my moabs... suprised it took this long seeing as how when i was looking i would have jumped at the deal. Atco fella is putting them on an old bronco2. Dollas in my pocket. 300% return on what i paid for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Checked tire pressure, lug nuts torque today, time to go for a hwy ride..!
Checked spark plugs, one was a bit loose..
57370[/ATTACH]"]

Added some Chevron Techron Concentrate fuel cleaner and Sprayed out TB, was a bit dirty again..
57372[/ATTACH]"]

The battery moved a bit so tightened it down..
57374[/ATTACH]"]

Jeep ran great and ya what a beauty day! :gr_grin:
57376[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Jeep%20Plug%20tighten.jpg
    Jeep%20Plug%20tighten.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Clean%20TB%20again.jpg
    Jeep%20Clean%20TB%20again.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Tighten%20Battery_1.jpg
    Jeep%20Tighten%20Battery_1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Hwy%20Drive.jpg
    Jeep%20Hwy%20Drive.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove another 120 miles yesterday. No issues. Was puttin around my hometown and p0138 came on again. Very strange and intermittent. Bet it will go away haha.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a Rubicon indeed it is lol
I've already got mine priced out, no worries :waytogo:
Nobody cares, this is a KJ forum.

You all get so mad because you think a KJ is the best vehicle that ever has driven down the road :happy175:
What do you expect from a KJ enthusiast forum? :emotions34:

When I get my Wrangler after my KJ gives up on me and eventually lift it and get some nice big tires I'll let y'all know what price point I sit at
No one cares, this is a KJ forum.

There are many things you can do to them to make them stand out compared to other JKs
We don't care, this is a KJ forum.

Once you lift it around 3"-3.5" (pretty well maxed out with stock parts) and get MAYBE 31s (oh don't forget regear) it fills the fenders again and it doesn't even hardly look lifted anymore
You need new glasses. This is a KJ forum.

My KJ feels and looks low compared to even a stock JKU
And there are so many more options for them regarding appearance, performance, etc
No one really GAF... this IS A KJ FORUM!

I can get a set of front and rear bumpers for a JK cheaper than I can get only a front bumper for a KJ
But instead I have to deal with some nice gray plastic because I'm not wasting $2k for a bumper
Good for you, boo-hoo for you. You do realize, of course, THIS IS A FRIGGIN' KJ FORUM!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on Jimmy boy
Do we really need to bring this up again?
I was letting it all go because I couldn't take laughing constantly anymore but you just had to make it happen
Oh and last I checked, you can post about JKs and other Jeeps on here
Hold on.. let me get my bold letters out..

I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF THIS IS A ''FRIGGIN'' KJ FORUM I WILL TALK ABOUT WHATEVER I'D LIKE
It's no different than people talking about their little Renegades or MKs so :upyours: and whoever else

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trip to Jax Wax this morning to pick up some of their great products.
Engine Detailer , Clay Bar, Leather Cleaner / Conditioner and a couple of other waxes, to test them out.
Trying to work out a distributorship with them, we'll see how that goes.
They are telling me that their wax is better and longer lasting than the Meguiars wax I have used for years on mine and others I have detailed for customers, so we'll see.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I might be interested. Although lately I get most of my stuff from autogeek, like Klasse sealant etc. Meguire's wax, depending on which one it is, isn't hard to beat. Most waxes last just a month maximum. Sealants can go 6 months if they claim a year. Coatings can go a few years. Do they sell buffer pads?

Last edited:

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip to Jax Wax this morning to pick up some of their great products.
Engine Detailer , Clay Bar, Leather Cleaner / Conditioner and a couple of other waxes, to test them out.
Trying to work out a distributorship with them, we'll see how that goes.
They are telling me that their wax is better and longer lasting than the Meguiars wax I have used for years on mine and others I have detailed for customers, so we'll see.

Do they have a nice display area in their store?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do they have a nice display area in their store?

Yes they do, not big but a nice display area, plus prices are cheaper in the store than online. They were having a 20% off on line, but I got cheaper prices at the store. They are very close to the west end of the airport .
I haven't tried anything there yet that hasn't worked well.
( well at least on KJs, not sure about OTHER Jeep models ) LOL
They also supply all of the higher end auto dealerships in the area as well.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do, not big but a nice display area, plus prices are cheaper in the store than online. They were having a 20% off on line, but I got cheaper prices at the store. They are very close to the west end of the airport .
I haven't tried anything there yet that hasn't worked well.
( well at least on KJs, not sure about OTHER Jeep models ) LOL
They also supply all of the higher end auto dealerships in the area as well.

I find their products to be fantastic. The engine cleaner and detailer products are best I've ever used the in the engine compartment (and front suspension, right Tom? ;) ) and the leather cleaner/conditioner is excellent too. Haven't tried their waxes or clay bars - may have to order some.

If their prices are cheaper in-store I may have to stop by there. Near the west end of the airport, eh? I'm pretty familiar with that area - gonna make it a point to stop by.

Can we get enough orders on here to get a group buy...?

Bob