What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
explored some old logging trails behind my house, about 86 acres of old trails in my 100 acre area of woods. Also discoverd an old bus down by the gorge that had been converted into a cabin, had 1958 carved in one of the bunks.... just stood in the rotted old gem for a while and thought about its history.

heading to marion ohio to tie up some loose ends with the old man so if anybody knows any good spots to check out around there let me know. I know theres lots of you ohio guys

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on Jimmy boy
Do we really need to bring this up again?
I was letting it all go because I couldn't take laughing constantly anymore but you just had to make it happen
Oh and last I checked, you can post about JKs and other Jeeps on here
Hold on.. let me get my bold letters out..

I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF THIS IS A ''FRIGGIN'' KJ FORUM I WILL TALK ABOUT WHATEVER I'D LIKE
It's no different than people talking about their little Renegades or MKs so :upyours: and whoever else

It's ok. Jimmy's our special liberal guy from Cali. :icon_razz:

Drove it. Drove it fast. So nice for it be stable. Even managed to out launch a couple ricers with it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I find their products to be fantastic. The engine cleaner and detailer products are best I've ever used the in the engine compartment (and front suspension, right Tom? ;) ) and the leather cleaner/conditioner is excellent too. Haven't tried their waxes or clay bars - may have to order some.

If their prices are cheaper in-store I may have to stop by there. Near the west end of the airport, eh? I'm pretty familiar with that area - gonna make it a point to stop by.

Can we get enough orders on here to get a group buy...?

Bob

Working on something that may even be better :mwah1:

I had used their leather cleaner before but not the conditioner, well after cleaning mine again and then conditioning them, wow!
Takes me 6 minutes to get there

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
explored some old logging trails behind my house, about 86 acres of old trails in my 100 acre area of woods. Also discoverd an old bus down by the gorge that had been converted into a cabin, had 1958 carved in one of the bunks.... just stood in the rotted old gem for a while and thought about its history.

That sounds interesting, did you take any pics?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
430 miles on the Green Flash today going to Family Reunion. Held at my cousins ( GM RANCH ) has an obsession with Chevrolet pickups from the 70s , 5 restored, 2 in pieces, 2 more parts trucks ready to build one good one .
Crazy kid, never was right :happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be worse. they could be fords.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I took my jeep to Dover International speedway to see the citizen solder 400. The race was amazing! Also did an oil change.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left rear window fell off the track. So, instead of fixing it, I pulled the window up and taped it fixed on the bottom. Its going to have to stay like this for now.
You must be registered for see images attach

I taped it so it wont show ugly blue tape showing ruining the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left rear window fell off the track. So, instead of fixing it, I pulled the window up and taped it fixed on the bottom. Its going to have to stay like this for now.

I taped it so it wont show ugly blue tape showing ruining the look.

putting a piece of card board too will help with the weight of the glass.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Seems good enough.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tape worked a little while for me, till the sun beat on it enough and got it gooey and loose. I then used a coat hanger, hooked under the glass, up and over the top of the door.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much ideas. Love it. I just grabbed random object in trunk and stuck it under the window.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to track down why the rear feels so squirley after hitting large bumps/dips ... all bushings were good, bolts tight, rear uca fairly new..... might have to dig out the sway bar from the scrap heap
Had this issue too, rear sway bar didn't help. There were a couple main issues causing mine. One was the rear axle shaft bearings were trashed and it had a groove worn into them, and the other cause was one side caliper was sticking.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BUMPSTOP MOD on a Tuesday
what to do if you have an extra set or two of Teraflex bumpstops and need something between stock and the full height Teraflex's
of course.........
Cut a set up :happy175:

First project started , two cut up, now to reshape the bottom of them and mount on the 03
and test.....

Last edited:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took our 02 in last Thursday for this and still don't have it back! They replaced the original which was working fine from all indications (Air bag light comes on and then goes off when you start it) and they're telling me that the replacement leaves the air bag light on and they can't communicate with either the replacement or the original, but when you put the original back in the air bag test light still seems to be working correctly. (Argh)

They have a call/mail into Jeep but I'm tempted to just tell them to put the original back in and forget about it. I'm worried this "free" recall work is going to end up costing me money as they'll find something else wrong. :(

Scott

Finally getting the Jeep back today after 2 weeks at the dealer for the ORC recall. This is a new dealer in town and it turns out they didn't have the right diagnostic tool to program the replacement which is why the airbag light came on with the replacement. Jeep has discontinued the diagnostic tool so they had to buy one off of eBay!

I also had them perform the transmission service while there since I didn't have the service history but they did a full flush and filter replacement while I had specifically asked for the standard service. They made it right though with some large discounts so it was roughly 25% less than what they had originally quoted me. :)

I did see one oddity in their part prices. They had the gallon parts for $51.50 but the quart parts were only $11.68. You can bet that I would have pointed that out if I actually had to pay the full cost.

Scott

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a new dealer in town and it turns out they didn't have the right diagnostic tool to program the replacement which is why the airbag light came on with the replacement. Jeep has discontinued the diagnostic tool so they had to buy one off of eBay!
^..Amateur Hour..This is not good. :Insane:
I guess they discovered you can't program/diagnose without the very specific DRBIII scan tool.:icon_razz:
They may have had new techs as well & had to consult Chrysler or another dealer and even with the ebay DRBIII, hopefully they purchased an update subscription!
A good dealer has knowledgeable techs, who are trained in the use of DRBIII.:gr_grin:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.