What did you do to your Jeep today? -Wrangler Edition-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Say hello to that Buffalo that scared the **** out of me when I opened my tent flap to find him right in my face! :oops:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Say hello to that Buffalo that scared the **** out of me when I opened my tent flap to find him right in my face! :oops:
Yeah, those fat bastards are a very real risk. Plus it is calving season...I may skip the tent and just sack out in back.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Done, dude. Really weird to get in and out as it now sits an inch or so over stock, and three inches over the sagged out OE crap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yeah, told you! The JLs are pretty easy to work on. Although the 3.6 seems worse to work on than the 3.7.
Thats what I've read about those drivetrains. I got the 2LT so even easier. Biggest issue was accessing front top shock bolts. Badly designed fender liners. Got away with doing the rears without loosening the control arms, which is great as I couldn't get them to break loose.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thats what I've read about those drivetrains. I got the 2LT so even easier. Biggest issue was accessing front top shock bolts. Badly designed fender liners. Got away with doing the rears without loosening the control arms, which is great as I couldn't get them to break loose.
I just used the impact on mine LOL. I loosened them so that they'd relax with the new suspension and then torqued them on the ground. the front lower frame end bolts I had to use the impact on them to get them up to 190 ft lbs.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I just used the impact on mine LOL. I loosened them so that they'd relax with the new suspension and then torqued them on the ground. the front lower frame end bolts I had to use the impact on them to get them up to 190 ft lbs.
I tried two different impacts and a big breaker bar with a four foot extension and they didn't budge. I will try them again when I upgrade sway bar links and the forward lca's. my caster is really, really low but isn't affecting handling .

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Quit the wrangler forums. Just can't stand the BroDozer and Rubber Duck crews...

Changing my loadout from Overland mode to Tank Driver Training Mode for this weekend's day trip to Tuttle Creek ORV park.

Just five weeks to go before the first serious science and fossil trip of the season!!!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wooohooo science!!! :D Fieldwork trips are the best. In a few weeks I’ll be out there assisting on a controlled burn. Can’t wait.
NIIIIICE! Always wanted to do some burn line entomology- catching specimens running from the fire. Other than the one UNO student I am taking out on the first trip, my annual July trip is for all my own research for a change. I'm not even really planning anything for it now that I have 24/7 satellite coms. Just gonna head west and let the route develop organically. Have a list of about 100 sites to check out. Be happy if I hit 10 of them.