What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally have full throttle on my jeep! I discovered that when the gas pedal is pressed to the floor the throttle body is not at full throttle. I fixed the problem by using zip ties as spacers to take up the slack. Now the jeep is really fun to drive!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally have full throttle on my jeep! I discovered that when the gas pedal is pressed to the floor the throttle body is not at full throttle. I fixed the problem by using zip ties as spacers to take up the slack. Now the jeep is really fun to drive!

How is that accomplished? Not that I'd ever drive fast or anything... :icon_razz:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^..Amateur Hour..This is not good. :Insane:
I guess they discovered you can't program/diagnose without the very specific DRBIII scan tool.:icon_razz:
They may have had new techs as well & had to consult Chrysler or another dealer and even with the ebay DRBIII, hopefully they purchased an update subscription!
A good dealer has knowledgeable techs, who are trained in the use of DRBIII.:gr_grin:

I agree and I asked if their techs had been Jeep trained (of course they said yes and indicated they had picked up techs that had worked at the prior Jeep dealership here that closed back in January).

Hopefully I won't have to interact with them much in the future....

Scott

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep has been sitting for almost two weeks due to my unexpected injury. Asked the wife to take it to Walmart today to blow the stink off and it would not turn over. I've been dealing with a parasitic drain for a while now so I bought a deep cycle battery a while back. Should be fun this weekend hooking up the charger on crutches. Thinking a battery disconnect will be my next quick mod.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solar charger?

The Jeep has been sitting for almost two weeks due to my unexpected injury. Asked the wife to take it to Walmart today to blow the stink off and it would not turn over. I've been dealing with a parasitic drain for a while now so I bought a deep cycle battery a while back. Should be fun this weekend hooking up the charger on crutches. Thinking a battery disconnect will be my next quick mod.

Since my wife gets the garage and I'm parked outside a traditional trickle charger is out but has anyone used one of these solar units?

Solar Battery Charger

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the Harbor Freight version to stick on my mom's old car. Since my dad stopped driving she was driving his and it kept dying. I put it on there in early 2015 and the car was still starting ok when I moved beck here over a year after that.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the HF one on my old Toyota Tercel. Starts every time I turn the key, no matter how long it's been since I drove it.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last I saw was a guy wanting to do a group buy on a "Sundance" bumper not a RL

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking a battery disconnect will be my next quick mod.
No need to create a battery disconnect! There is a storage fuse you can remove.
Under hood power distribution center:
Remove Cartridge fuse #15 (red 50AMP) in the Power Distribution.
Move it then to a blank position #11 one slot down.:gr_grin:
Are you parked on the street or?
Sure would be nice just to hook up a trickle charger, how much was you parasitic drain?

Also:
Anytime you store KJ, or keep it out of service for two weeks or more, run the air conditioning system at idle for about five minutes in the fresh air and high blower setting.
This will insure adequate system lubrication to minimize the possibility of compressor damage when the system is started again.:icon_wink:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to know the "right people"....and he knows the right people.....

Nope ! Wrong answer. I saw a fella named Chris comment on Facebook to someone that he would trade it to them for an ARB. I asked if he was serious and the rest is history.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not jeep but car:
driver's side ball joint is trashed as well. got the control arm out, smashed my hand and jammed my finger in the process. going to eat some food then press out the old and press in the new ball joint.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the front "bug deflector" off that was on when i bought it.....all that thing seemed to do was trap moisture and dirt, glad i took that off. looks much better to