What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is much in sales is your off road fabrication company doing?

you realize that pre-production prices are high to offset the cost of r&d right?

people used to talk so much trash about the KJs when they first came out, hell even as little as 5-6 years ago, i remember being looked at like a mental case because i lifted mine, it was one of 3 within an hour of where i live that was lifted. back then there were a handful of options for upgrades. today there is much more to choose from and prices are competitive.

are there better choices for an off road rig, of course. i could pick up a hmmwv for like $4,000 at auction. then i would have 4 wheel independent suspension, 37" tires, a diesel engine, a snorkel giving me submarine like water fording capabilities, and a sun roof with an optional M2.

but i bought a liberty. if you don't see a point in modding the liberty why did you lift yours?

First off, if I had a fab company I surely wouldn't waste my time trying to sell something for $20k LOL :happy175:
Second, never did I once say the Liberty doesn't perform well off-road, as I personally don't care if it does or not so I'm not sure why you brought that up
When did I say "there's no point in modding a Liberty"?
PLEASE tell me as I'm glad I lifted mine do enjoy modding it every day
Trying to sell a suspension for $20k is pointless as nobody will be able to afford such a nonsense payout
You and whoever can say "if I had the money I'd get it" but do you or will you have that money to buy it? No
Which is the reason I say it's a waste of time as it will have no return in money to JBA
Nice day buddy :waytogo:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, if I had a fab company I surely wouldn't waste my time trying to sell something for $20k LOL :happy175:

so your business plan for a company that specializes in making high quality suspensions and related parts for jeep vehicles would be to not make suspensions?:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

that's why you don't have your own fab company.

Second, never did I once say the Liberty doesn't perform well off-road, as I personally don't care if it does or not so I'm not sure why you brought that up

well then why would you tell someone to get a wrangler instead of a long arm kit for their kj or kk?

see above, you said that for what it would cost to get the long arm kit, you would be better off with a wrangler. assuming you pick up a used liberty for 6-7,000 bucks (probably even less since it's getting all new suspension and axles)and put 20,000 into the new suspension do you mean to tell me for under 30,000 you could have a 4 door wrangler rolling on 37" tires reliably?

Trying to sell a suspension for $20k is pointless as nobody will be able to afford such a nonsense payout You and whoever can say "if I had the money I'd get it" but do you or will you have that money to buy it? No Which is the reason I say it's a waste of time as it will have no return in money to JBA

just because YOU can't afford something doesn't mean it won't sell.

i bought a press a few weeks ago and now i am considering selling it just to fund buying the long arm kit to irritate you.

again, who are you to tell a successful businessman what will and what won't sell? especially when it is for the market he has not only seemingly cornered, but practically created.

people used to act like the adjust-a-strut kit was insanely priced and would never sell.

on a side note is anyone interested in an otc 1858 converted to run on 220v 3 phase?

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red, White and Blue Santa came today ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your business plan for a company that specializes in making high quality suspensions and related parts for jeep vehicles would be to not make suspensions?:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

that's why you don't have your own fab company.

well then why would you tell someone to get a wrangler instead of a long arm kit for their kj or kk?

see above, you said that for what it would cost to get the long arm kit, you would be better off with a wrangler. assuming you pick up a used liberty for 6-7,000 bucks (probably even less since it's getting all new suspension and axles)and put 20,000 into the new suspension do you mean to tell me for under 30,000 you could have a 4 door wrangler rolling on 37" tires reliably?

just because YOU can't afford something doesn't mean it won't sell.

i bought a press a few weeks ago and now i am considering selling it just to fund buying the long arm kit to irritate you.

again, who are you to tell a successful businessman what will and what won't sell? especially when it is for the market he has not only seemingly cornered, but practically created.

people used to act like the adjust-a-strut kit was insanely priced and would never sell.

on a side note is anyone interested in an otc 1858 converted to run on 220v 3 phase?

My suspension business plan wouldn't be to try and sell something for $20k as if ANYONE will buy it whatsoever
I couldn't care less what you do with your little press, sell it, buy the kit and then have someone put it all on and we'll see how much you're invested for something so stupendously out of market :happy175:
We'll see how many sell bud! You keep track on how many is sold and report back with your zero number PLEASE :happy175:
I laugh at this whole thing- whoever tries selling it, whoever thinks they'll buy it, and YOU my friend
Sure it would be cool to have, I don't doubt that one bit
But realistically, how many will sell?
As stated earlier, we will see :Big Laugh:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to sell a suspension for $20k is pointless as nobody will be able to afford such a nonsense payout
You and whoever can say "if I had the money I'd get it" but do you or will you have that money to buy it? No
Which is the reason I say it's a waste of time as it will have no return in money to JBA

WHERE are you coming up with 20,000 ?? :happy175:
Nothing has been put in stone yet as far as cost.
Yes I may have the money, or have you been searching through my checkbook and others on here ? :happy175:
You only look at one side of things, this kit will work on not only KJs/KKs/ but also Grands etc and those guys have the money available today

Have you looked at AEV recently?
I remember when they first started out, trying to sell a few things they designed and look at them now
Its called pushing the envelope and designing new things , if every company just sold what they started out building we'd still all be riding around in Model Ts

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHERE are you coming up with 20,000 ?? :happy175:
Nothing has been put in stone yet as far as cost.
Yes I may have the money, or have you been searching through my checkbook? :happy175:
You only look at one side of things, this kit will work on not only KJs/KKs/ but also Grands etc and those guys have the money available today

Where? From JBA themselves

"Ballpark $15k-$20k PARTS ONLY"
That's cool that it fits numerous rigs, it still doesn't matter
Who actually will throw down $20k for it?
If and when I'd love to see it

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where? From JBA themselves

That's cool that it fits numerous rigs, it still doesn't matter
Who actually will throw down $20k for it?
If and when I'd love to see it

But you are not looking at the whole picture here and like I said above.........
Oh never mind, my Grandfather always told me not to argue with.....................:happy175:

Good luck in life

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see the numbers in a year or so :happy175: :happy175:
I'm cracking up at you guys man
I won't argue with ..................... either :happy175:

Good luck with you

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a concept car at an auto show? Have you ever seen one on the road?

Even if the ideas used are never put into mass production, that doesn't mean that much of the technology won't be at some point. It's a way of learning something new. Try it sometime. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a concept car at an auto show? Have you ever seen one on the road?

Even if the ideas used are never put into mass production, that doesn't mean that much of the technology won't be at some point. It's a way of learning something new. Try it sometime. :)

A concept car ?? Wow do they actually waste money building something like that and never drive it or make more, what a waste of time , materials and employees time! They could be building more Model Ts instead of wasting their time on such foolishness :mwah1:

AGAIN, many companies have started out building things like this to get their name out there in the mainstream ( trust me this one build will take JBA to a whole other level.
With him producing parts for SEMA rigs now, as well as all IFS 4x4 manufacturers we'll see tremendous growth over the next couple of years .
I mean come on, look at SEMA, there are vehicles there that may not ever make it into the mainstream BUT ideas from that one build may inspire other products that will for that company.
Like I said before I can remember when AEV was nothing at all, but they pushed their ideas and sell as many 90,000-100,000 plus dollar JKs as they can build
What if they had just sat back and listened to a very few who said they will never sell anything
They just moved into a huge new building they have grown so much.
Don't see why there is some negativity about this build???

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Feeding the troll" LOL
Just stating the facts
The idea is cool to base products off of this build but to try and sell the parts as a kit just won't make sales plain and simple
Whoever is dumb enough to buy this $20k kit for their old KJ/KK/WHATEVER please, and I mean PLEASE post up about it
I would get a great laugh
And to talk shit saying "blah blah you can't afford it" just makes me literally laugh
You don't know me at all for one, so I won't even get started with any of you because I'd probably get "banned" from here :gr_grin:
For two, why would I waste my hard earned money on something so pointless? I'd just get my dream Wrangler and be done
I'd still not waste my time and try to throw on a 10" lift or whatever is on the KK
Let's see- nice newer KK with very low miles and great condition ($15k? Not sure how their value holds up) then this long arm kit ($20k) and also installer ($10k maybe more?)
Pretty sure you could get a slightly older Wrangler to that height and on 37s cheaper bud :happy175:

I don't really care man I'm done talking about it
But I do appreciate all of the laughs tonight
Y'all crack me up honestly

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take the "Liberty" of saying that most of us customize our vehicles without thought of any monetary return, instead we seek the pleasure of modifying to suit our requirements or whims. I don't have 20k to spend at the drop of a hat but have no doubt that I'll have spent at least that much before I'm done. And that's on a 5k jeep. My return is in the pleasure "my" vehicle gives "me". And anyone that wants to criticize that can go fly a kite.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to take the "Liberty" of saying that most of us customize our vehicles without thought of any monetary return, instead we seek the pleasure of modifying to suit our requirements or whims. I don't have 20k to spend at the drop of a hat but have no doubt that I'll have spent at least that much before I'm done. And that's on a 5k jeep. My return is in the pleasure "my" vehicle gives "me". And anyone that wants to criticize that can go fly a kite.

Hey John I went window shopping tonight just for S&Gs
Was looking at a 2014 Wrangler JKU( black of course) for 25,000.00
Of course you know me I'd have to lift it so a trip to AEV for one of their Dual Sport RS Suspension systems, they are only 2250.00 great deal !!
Then since I will be moving up to 37s right away looked at ProRock 44 front diff with hi-steer etc all set up, a real steal at 2825.00 Will also upgrade the rear as well for almost the same price
BUT then only going that far I started adding things up,
I'm already past 30,000.00, still have tires/ wheels/ lockers/ and some other goodies to buy so I'll be over 35-38,000 bucks
Now since I will have to make monthly installments on this one, why not just do a KJ, ( that I already own ya know) will stand out a lot more, will get into smaller places than the JKU, , I like the looks of the KJ more and not cost as much.
Calling JBA tomorrow :icon_razz::gr_grin:

Members online

No members online now.