What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove it to walmart to get vision test. I ditched vision test the first time I renewed drivers license, but MVA (maryland's dmv) want me to come visit them, most-likely requiring me to do vision test. I wanted to ditch eyeglasses. DAMN!

Anyway, I notice with 4" rear springs from jba, it makes a little noise from rears, possibly from rear uca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Yesterday) Bought a grease gun and loaded up the NO-bearings-NO BALLJOINTS in my JBA UCA's

Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do

PS: Jim, you'll be able to get in, especially with rock rails. Just don't forget about the extra height when you're getting out! :Insane:

My girlfriend is 5' tall on tiptoe and she has to work at it. She can do it, though.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
(Yesterday) Bought a grease gun and loaded up the balljoints in my JBA UCA's

Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do

PS: Jim, you'll be able to get in, especially with rock rails. Just don't forget about the extra height when you're getting out! :Insane:

My girlfriend is 5' tall on tiptoe and she has to work at it. She can do it, though.

There ya go :emotions34::Bye:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So maybe you can find something about that height to see how it would be.
ANOTHER trick I do for people wanting to lift is stick a floor jack under the transmission cross member and jack it up. Measure where you would when checking height , then try and get in and out . Works great.

Oh HELL no. :Insane: I'm gettin' the lift, no 2 ways about it. :gr_grin: I've already added sliders to my "list", I just haven't done much searching to see which ones would best fit my needs. Is "rock rails" a product name, or just the generic term for the rock sliders? Hard to tell because so many people on the Interweb these days with broken shift keys on their keyboards. ;)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worry about being able to get in and out of my Jeep if I go too high. I'm old, fat and infirm - and I have to get in like a contortionist because I have a fat tank of oxygen strapped to my back (it's in a CamelBak backpack).

The skidplates I'm using are Skid Row, so kinda heavy. Would that reduce my overall height on a 2½" lift? I'm guessing adding clevis spacers can get me back to 2½". I'd like to go as high as possible without having to change out my differentials.

You've shared your 03 pics a lot already, thanks. I been thinking about starting my own lift topic, but I think the perfessor's has us all kinda burnt out. ;) I'll give it a little more time. I'm ordering parts as I can afford them, so I'm a ways off yet.

Bag it.
No seriously, there was someone who made bags for the liberty. might at least be worth looking into to see if it's something that would work for you.
They're making modern trucks these days with bags simply so they can be lower for ingress/egress (ok, they do it for load control too, and to make the ride not retardedly bone crushing when not loaded down.) Why not do it to the liberty.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh HELL no. :Insane: I'm gettin' the lift, no 2 ways about it. :gr_grin: I've already added sliders to my "list", I just haven't done much searching to see which ones would best fit my needs. Is "rock rails" a product name, or just the generic term for the rock sliders? Hard to tell because so many people on the Interweb these days with broken shift keys on their keyboards. ;)

Yea, rock rails is generic like 'kleenex' and 'velcro.' There are a few choices - not a lot - for rock rails but those still around make good ones. Don't know how far you are from Big Bear Lake but All-J Products is there (boulderbars.com) and they install their products. I have a modified set of their Boulder Bars (rock rails) and they're built well and have done yeoman's work for me when I've needed them. Great people too :waytogo:

JBA Offroad has a set they call 4X Guard that are more integrated into the rocker panels. Pretty stout as well and very good looking. You'd need someone to install them after they've been shipped to you - could be pricey since you're on the other coast from them.

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is Rock Lizard still in business? I love my Super Skink Sliders. Especially now that I bedlined them.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up some of the wiring under my hood a little. There were just way to many wires out of control from my basket lights. Looks better now.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Skink Sliders look like something I could get a foot grip on. Not the best ground clearance though. Lift the Jeep a couple inches and then reduce the ground clearance on the sides by a couple inches. Still, that might be a good solution for me.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skink Sliders look like something I could get a foot grip on. Not the best ground clearance though. Lift the Jeep a couple inches and then reduce the ground clearance on the sides by a couple inches. Still, that might be a good solution for me.

If you get down and sight across visually, you'll see that the inboard "frame" rails hang down 2-3" below the rocker panels. The way those sliders tuck up, the frame would still be the lower of the two.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

You may think you lose but not really and the extra protection they give far exceeds what little side clearance you lose .
NOW if only you could get them! BoulderBars makes them as well ( ALLJs home of the frankenlift )
They do come out enough to step on though
My Mother who is over 80 , had both knees replaced used them to get into my 04 with over 4inches of lift and 32s on it :Bye:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't loose any clearance really. Minimal, but the protection is amazing.

I must have gotten one of the last sets of Super Skinks, got them November of 2013.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't loose any clearance really. Minimal, but the protection is amazing.

I must have gotten one of the last sets of Super Skinks, got them November of 2013.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has reminded me i still have my brand new super skinks in the shed waiting to be mounted/painted.

i will be buying a new battery, (NAPA legend AGM), this weekend. but first tonight i am cleaning up the battery, tray, and surrounding areas. while i'm doing that, i'll charge the old battery so that i can check for parasitic draw.

yesterday i changed the front diff fluid and the engine oil/filter. tomorrow should be tire rotation day followed by fall detail weekend. exciting week i have planned.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I sent an email off last night to Rock Lizard Fabrications and got a reply this morning. Martin has about a 1-2 week lead time on his sliders. He also has a 10% sale going now until Friday. They are definitely a handsome set of sliders and I am adding them to my list.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent an email off last night to Rock Lizard Fabrications and got a reply this morning. Martin has about a 1-2 week lead time on his sliders. He also has a 10% sale going now until Friday. They are definitely a handsome set of sliders and I am adding them to my list.

He exists?

There have been some really bad reviews of his communications on this board as well as others.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He exists?

There have been some really bad reviews of his communications on this board as well as others.

IME he was easily reachable when i was a potential customer ready to hand over $500, was told i would have my sliders in 2 weeks. 2 weeks came and went, so i shot him an email...no reply, emailed every email listed on their website, no reply, called and left a message numerous times, on day 43 i initiated a return request with paypal and then mysteriously i got an email or phone call and my stuff was sent out that day.

i get that they sliders may be built to order, i get that RLF is a small shop (relatively), I have no issue with waiting patiently for my order. but if the actual lead time on something is 6-8 weeks and not 2, say so on the website or when the order is placed. after my experience with RLF i chose not to do business with them again.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IME he was easily reachable when i was a potential customer ready to hand over $500, was told i would have my sliders in 2 weeks. 2 weeks came and went, so i shot him an email...no reply, emailed every email listed on their website, no reply, called and left a message numerous times, on day 43 i initiated a return request with paypal and then mysteriously i got an email or phone call and my stuff was sent out that day.

i get that they sliders may be built to order, i get that RLF is a small shop (relatively), I have no issue with waiting patiently for my order. but if the actual lead time on something is 6-8 weeks and not 2, say so on the website or when the order is placed. after my experience with RLF i chose not to do business with them again.

One of the reasons I went with the JBA sliders instead.

Members online

No members online now.