What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marshmallows are good on pothole filled road with no maintenance. I felt my sidewall is to thick anyway. Its 235/85r16 10 plys.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
A success! :)
And mourning... with real tears and everything. :(

Eugene got a new home today... :sad72: But he's still within the KJ community as I'd hoped for... and will NOT be parted. The KJ went to a friend's daughter who is over-the-moon excited to have it. Apparently it's a vast improvement over her 1998 VW Cabrio. I would have to agree.

Oh, and she wants to learn to wheel the KJ too. :D

I also perused the web for MK mods...

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason in the context he had it i thought it had something to do with the motor and tune up. I now understand its the tires. Long monday.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I wheeled it. Today I washed it. Wednesday rear diff change, lube everything and then off to Bantam festival this weekend.

PA rocks video clip

Very nice!!

Where is that trail? Me and a few buddies want to wheel someplace reasonably close - probably in PA. If that's Rausch Creek then that's one of the places we considered.

Dang it's fun wheeling a KJ, isn't it! :waytogo:

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason in the context he had it i thought it had something to do with the motor and tune up. I now understand its the tires. Long monday.

Made me chuckle that's all that matters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Eugene got a new home today... :sad72:
After all the fun times & all the work done to Eugene, I can't believe you actually sold it...:deal:
oh well..
Out with the old & In with the new :happy107:
Hey the seats even lay flat, now you can even sleep in it..:gr_grin:

Just cleaned the rust away from the compressor clutch gap, using emery cloth, then applied some rust spray.
Still have nice & cool A/C!

Last edited:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!

Where is that trail? Me and a few buddies want to wheel someplace reasonably close - probably in PA. If that's Rausch Creek then that's one of the places we considered.

Bob

It was at AOAA (Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area) in Shamokin, PA. Did a guided ride on green trails as it was the first time I brought my wife with me and our guides were two ladies so she saw its not an all guy thing. Had a few folks driving Wranglers ask if I had lockers (I have LSD) and say that it was "capable" Jeep.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!

Bob

Here is Rausch Creek clip from last year. First time wheelin the KJ and it was a blast!

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Eugene got a new home today... :sad72: But he's still within the KJ community as I'd hoped for... and will NOT be parted. The KJ went to a friend's daughter who is over-the-moon excited to have it. Apparently it's a vast improvement over her 1998 VW Cabrio. I would have to agree.

Oh, and she wants to learn to wheel the KJ too. :D

I also perused the web for MK mods...

This makes me really sad....especially since I can't stand the MK. If you're happy though that is all that matters. Cheers.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How about some pics of the MK? Or did I miss them?
Today I dropped the KJ off to get the trans rebuilt.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
45 minute drive to perrysburg for a DEP meeting and then on to planet fitness. Good day for the Libby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it to work and home. Stopped at AZone, got wiper blades for the wife's minivan. Got the KJ an air-freshener. :gr_grin:.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
This makes me really sad....especially since I can't stand the MK. If you're happy though that is all that matters. Cheers.

Made me sad too. :blah:
Unfortunately I don't have the space to store it... particularly for something that might get taken out a couple times a year, maybe. It was a difficult decision - trust me, not taken lightly.
Wrangler didn't have the space/mileage I need. Not sold on the appearance of the Renegade. And there wasn't anything else in the Jeep lineup (or otherwise) that I even like. I like the general appearance of the MK - and it'll be better after I make some modifications... in time.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
How about some pics of the MK? Or did I miss them?
Today I dropped the KJ off to get the trans rebuilt.

Nothing other than the one I posted in the other thread. I need to have/make more time to do that.

Where did you decide to take the KJ for the rebuild?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Made me sad too. :blah:
Unfortunately I don't have the space to store it... particularly for something that might get taken out a couple times a year, maybe. It was a difficult decision - trust me, not taken lightly.
Wrangler didn't have the space/mileage I need. Not sold on the appearance of the Renegade. And there wasn't anything else in the Jeep lineup (or otherwise) that I even like. I like the general appearance of the MK - and it'll be better after I make some modifications... in time.

The Pats can be built into great little soft offroaders, many people have them just for that purpose. Problem is lifts larger tires but with Stu having a kit that is solved . Of course no to RROs setup ha ha
Couple of guys are building theirs on Expo and there is a whole forum just for the pats now.
trying to talk Jessica into one since I really like them, and already have a list of mods !

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That's the idea.

Clearance and tires are the main thing. I hadn't had the KJ in anything that really "required" low range in probably 3 years now... and as sad as that is to say, it makes me realize how underutilized it was. :( 4-hi, used plenty of times in my cross country travels - I still have that now.

Who knows... one day if we ever get out of the midwest to somewhere more fun terrain-wise, there will probably be something more off road worthy in the mix. For now, that's not where my needs are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online