OME lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

urbanboy

Reaction score
Does anyone have some pictures of OME lifts just by them selfs nothing extra. If so can you post them. I'm just trying to get an idea of what my jeep will look like after I install it. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have some pictures of OME lifts just by them selfs nothing extra. If so can you post them. I'm just trying to get an idea of what my jeep will look like after I install it. Thank you in advance.

Sure I have some pictures, how many do you want? Have them with full spring lifts from 2.5 to over 4 inches
IF you are going to use 927 front and 948 rear springs its easy to do with a jack yourself to show or heres a picture of my current build
If you use a jack you can raise it until you are at 21.5 inches from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare, that is 2.5 inches of lift or what the OMEs give you without extras
my 03 green one on the right is at 2.5 inches in this picture, for some reason rear looks low but its level. Shown with stock size tires
swapped suspensions now so its different :shrug::shrug::icon_lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few:

Just the back lifted:

You must be registered for see images

All done (with a little bit of space in the clevis's up front):

Tires are worn down 235/70/16s.

ahhhh can't see anything:shrug:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah sorry. Changed over to Dropbox. Needed to update the permissions. Should hopefully be good now?

urbanboy

Reaction score
Sorry...are the upper front shock mounts for this lift the same as the factory ones? Or do I need to buy OME front shock mounts.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry...are the upper front shock mounts for this lift the same as the factory ones? Or do I need to buy OME front shock mounts.

You use your factory mounts

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You use your factory mounts

Or, if you don't feel like taking apart or paying for your old ones to be taken apart, you can just buy new stock ones. This is what I did.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Use the factory tops, factory isolaters etc, just remove the front setup, take new springs and shocks and what you just removed into the local shop and have them swapped out

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "plain" "standard" 2.5" of lift actually looks pretty good if you dont look at Tom's black one. lol. Then you suddenly want a higher lift.

Stock size tires dont do a 2.5" lift justice, in my opinion. Go up one size or so, and slap some gnarly looking AT's on there and it gives it a different, more "jeepy" look. I think.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The "plain" "standard" 2.5" of lift actually looks pretty good if you dont look at Tom's black one. lol. Then you suddenly want a higher lift.

Stock size tires dont do a 2.5" lift justice, in my opinion. Go up one size or so, and slap some gnarly looking AT's on there and it gives it a different, more "jeepy" look. I think.

Here is one we did with it being at 3.75 inches and 245-70-16s ( up one size from stock 235-70-16s
the white one, both the others been through ny garage as well though :icon_lol:

GYPSY400

Reaction score
For comparison, here is my recently lifted 06.. ironman springs and rancho shocks with 3/8 spacer in the clevis.. 21.5" from center to fender flares
Tires are worn out 245/75R16

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 926/947 no extras w/stock tires.

OME 926/947+2 ring clevis w/stock uca's and tires.

Same setup except with 245/75's

OME 926/947+ JBA top plate+clevis+2 extra rear isolators+JBA uca's, 245/75's and Moabs.

Same setup except with 927/948

Sent from my G870a on 38's

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one we did with it being at 3.75 inches and 245-70-16s ( up one size from stock 235-70-16s
the white one, both the others been through ny garage as well though :icon_lol:

http://s126.photobucket.com/user/tommudd/media/BugginsKJ002.jpg.html

Hey, that black one in the back sure is HOT, isn't it?? :mexsmoke: :happy175:

Looks funny to see how it looked at one time. On the one hand that 'mostly stock' look was really nice - on the other hand, it looks really "skinny." :party52:

Bob