OME 2927 or 2790

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mandala1111

Reaction score
Hi all.
I am hoping someone has tried both springs out for a comparison. My present custom 2.5" raised Hd King springs are rated @ 540lbs and I have found them a bit stiff offroad and am losing some upward compression travel. I do have a steel bar and 12,000lb winch but am wanting to soften the ride a little. The specs of OME springs are 2927 : L = 394 rated @ 400lbs with 16mm wire, 2790 specs : L = 378 rated @ 500lbs with 17mm wire. I like the extra length of the 927's which allows for a softer spring but is it too soft with my weight up front ? The 790's are a little lighter than my current springs so may be ok but just don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to be right. Thanks in advance.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Uneek bar! You must be from Oz?

I have not tried OME springs so I can’t answer that question, but I can imagine 540# is pretty stiff. Is yours a CRD because that would make a difference?

mandala1111

Reaction score
Nice Uneek bar! You must be from Oz?

I have not tried OME springs so I can’t answer that question, but I can imagine 540# is pretty stiff. Is yours a CRD because that would make a difference?
Hey man. Yep from Oz. I should have mentioned I have the 3.7. The heavy springs I have are the custom set's from Stu @ Murchisons which are no longer available. They were recommended for heavier set up's like mine but they are too stiff and it's time to replace them.