OME lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, that black one in the back sure is HOT, isn't it?? :mexsmoke: :happy175:

Looks funny to see how it looked at one time. On the one hand that 'mostly stock' look was really nice - on the other hand, it looks really "skinny." :party52:

Bob

LOL yes looks way different now, always been a good loking KJ ( but then its from OHIO we always build em good ) :shrug::icon_lol:

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mine. OME 927/948, front .25" clevis spacer, bilsteins, 245/75/16 rugged terrains. Now just need to align it.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see the pics....?

I was just in Hebron last week. Filled up at the truck stop at 70 and 37 :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't see the pics....?

I was just in Hebron last week. Filled up at the truck stop at 70 and 37 :waytogo:

Bob

Wait,.....what ................27 miles away and didn't even toot your horn at me?? :shrug::emotions34::thumbsdown:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just did mine. OME 927/948, front .25" clevis spacer, bilsteins, 245/75/16 rugged terrains. Now just need to align it.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Get it aligned ASAP until then it will ride like crap and handle terrible
Looks good, blacks always a good color
If you see either one of these going by flag me down :icon_lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove it up the road really quick, first time I drove it since buying it. Going to throw it on my trailer and take it to work. Found a few things that need fixed. Radiator started leaking, need to replace an axle boot, and align it. I need to go register it too. Hopefully be driving it next week.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait,.....what ................27 miles away and didn't even toot your horn at me?? :shrug::emotions34::thumbsdown:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yea I know... I was on one of those trips where the boss is driving and I didn't have input on routes to take or restaurants to eat at. Drives me crazy when I'm normally on the road by myself.

I did think about you though :party52: :icon_lol:

Bob

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at GM Tech so I'll be doing the repairs and alignment myself. Gonna trailer it to work tomorrow. I'm getting excited to drive this thing. Be nice to get out of my truck as my DD.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm at GM Tech so I'll be doing the repairs and alignment myself. Gonna trailer it to work tomorrow. I'm getting excited to drive this thing. Be nice to get out of my truck as my DD.

So where do you work, looking for a good alignment tech to do mine
had a great shop up in Toledo that always did most all of mine, hate to drive that far just for an alignment, although it would be done right

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
got ant pic's of the green one with the moab's and 265's ?

No not yet, waiting on a couple fo things, one being the lift and another is tires
Lift should be here this week, tires next week sometime I'd say
The lift in the picture on the green one was sold 2 weeks after it was installed so back to stock

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where do you work, looking for a good alignment tech to do mine
had a great shop up in Toledo that always did most all of mine, hate to drive that far just for an alignment, although it would be done right

I work at Dave Gill Chevrolet. I'm not an "alignment guy" per say, but I am pretty **** about my work. I will take as long as I need to to get the specs exactly where I want them. I do not believe in the "set the toe and let it go" mentality. Most people don't want to spend the time to set them up right. They see green and they are happy. Smh I will let you know how mine turns out in a few days.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I work at Dave Gill Chevrolet. I'm not an "alignment guy" per say, but I am pretty **** about my work. I will take as long as I need to to get the specs exactly where I want them. I do not believe in the "set the toe and let it go" mentality. Most people don't want to spend the time to set them up right. They see green and they are happy. Smh I will let you know how mine turns out in a few days.

You may already know this
but on the lifted KJs camber must be set as close to center specs as possible , cross caster must be within .5 degrees and at least 2-3 degrees. If toe and camber are within specs you're good

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about caster since it's not a wear angle. I usually follow the rule of more caster on the right but that is not always the case. Some of the Chevy trucks and SUVs actually call for more caster on the left. Hunter specs will show this too. Weird I know, but they will pull if using the traditional way of thinking for road crown compensation. Been there, lost the battle. I plan on trying to get as much caster as I can while getting the camber where it needs to be. Toe should not be a problem. One thing I have noticed, but not measured, is that it looks like track width narrows slightly in the front compared to normal ride height due to the angle of the control arms after being lifted. I think since the arms are angled more downward as compared to them being closer to parallel at normal ride heights it causes the front to be narrower. I have noticed this too on many Chevy trucks when people try and level the front with the rear. The front wheels looked more sucked into the fenders. I will measure this to verify. I thought about getting a few of those 7/32's spacers jba sells to put on the front to widen the front track back out some. Have you noticed this Tommudd?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not so worried about caster since it's not a wear angle. I usually follow the rule of more caster on the right but that is not always the case. Some of the Chevy trucks and SUVs actually call for more caster on the left. Hunter specs will show this too. Weird I know, but they will pull if using the traditional way of thinking for road crown compensation. Been there, lost the battle. I plan on trying to get as much caster as I can while getting the camber where it needs to be. Toe should not be a problem. One thing I have noticed, but not measured, is that it looks like track width narrows slightly in the front compared to normal ride height due to the angle of the control arms after being lifted. I think since the arms are angled more downward as compared to them being closer to parallel at normal ride heights it causes the front to be narrower. I have noticed this too on many Chevy trucks when people try and level the front with the rear. The front wheels looked more sucked into the fenders. I will measure this to verify. I thought about getting a few of those 7/32's spacers jba sells to put on the front to widen the front track back out some. Have you noticed this Tommudd?

Yes it does " suck " them in some, narrows them but never took the time to measure how much . Never seems to hurt anything at all and when tracking in mud/ snow its pretty close really front to rear.
May have to measure tomorrow if I have time difference in the stock 03 and and my lifted 04 just for S&Gs ! The 04 is sitting 4.5 inches and the 03 at an inch below stock height for a few more days :icon_lol:
Used to do alignments back in the 70s, very early 80s and know what you mean on differences etc
As far as the spacers go, not a big fan of them

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of spacers either, but I thought 7/32 or about .21" would be ok. Will need to check the amount of threads the lug nut still catches before using though. Plus, I think my tires are slightly hitting the sway bar at full lock. These spacers might give me enough to prevent contact. I'll see what happens.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of spacers either, but I thought 7/32 or about .21" would be ok. Will need to check the amount of threads the lug nut still catches before using though. Plus, I think my tires are slightly hitting the sway bar at full lock. These spacers might give me enough to prevent contact. I'll see what happens.

Most of the time they will hit the sway bar especially with stock wheels
7 inch wide 4 inch backspacing not so much
My Moabs ( 8 inch wide and 5 inches of backspacing ) and 265-75-16s do but never worry about it since its not enough to do any harm and I never cut that far anyways ( full lock)

urbanboy

Reaction score
Question with the OME 927 front spring and no wench or after market bumper is it going to ride to rough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk