OME Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I need some input. I am replacing my Daystar 2.5” lift with a real coil lift and I need help figuring out what my best lift options are. My max budget is $800 and my KJ is a 2003 2WD limited 3.7L Auto. I am thinking that I will order OME 790’s/948’s, however, I am wondering if that set up will be too stiff. I do plan on adding an ARB bumper in the next 12-14 months and I don’t want to have to order another set of springs. I am ok with a semi-harsh ride as long as my safety is not compromised and as long as the stiff suspension will not harm any other suspension components. What do you think? Also I am debating ordering Bilsteins or OME shocks. I did a lot of searching and most of the posts I found had no obvious winner when it came to bilstein vs. OME shocks. I am also going to order 6 2” conduit nuts, ¼” JBA top plates, 4 hockey pucks, and 4 extra rear iso.’s (2 each side and I already have terraflex extended front bump stops). I am also trying to figure out which part numbers for the bilstein and OME shocks I should be looking at. It was mentioned that for the bilstein rear I should order 02-04 dodge Dakota shocks instead of Liberty shocks, is this correct, and for OME the 132L’s? And for the front is the OME 131 part number the correct shock or is it the 130? How about for the bilsteins? Lastly, is there anything I am missing in order to complete this lift the correct way? Last question, will this lift be tall enough to clear my current LT245/75/16 MTR’s? Thanks for any input, I would like to order this lift tomorrow if possible so I can install it this weekend.
-Jacob

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the 927's? 410 lb/in? Would they be ok with an ARB bumper on my 2wd? Any other input? Thanks for the quick help!
-Jacob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My first lift was 927s with an ARB on from day one.
Ran it for 100,000 miles before I switched it out
so you should be good with them
and yes without anything heavy on the front the 790s would be way too rough riding

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Bilsteins over OME shocks - as you said the consensus here was they are very similar. I love the way my '03 rides with them.

As far as part numbers, whichever place you order the Bilsteins from just put in your year Liberty and buy the model number that comes up. Bilstein has recently changed the model number format they use but basically you're looking at the stock front coilover shock.

Order rears for a 2003 Dakota 4WD and you'll be good.

I ordered exactly what you listed (used a different rear bumpstop usually used for Wranglers but they're the exact same height as 2 hockey pucks) and it went together without a hitch. I also changed my front CV's and the intermediate shaft at the same time but you don't have to worry about that with your 2WD. My alignnment went together just fine but I do plan on JBA's upper A-arms in the future.

And yes your 245/75-16's will fit fine - if you don't have any rubbing now (or if you did trimming before for your current lift) you won't have any rubbing with this lift.

Bob

Members online

No members online now.