KJ604's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lift was ordered and shipped this week. Wheels were ordered last night. I know which tires I'm going with. So just need to put it all together.

I will post all of my progress and pictures in this thread!

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the first parts on the weekend

You must be registered for see images attach

Also ordered my lift on Apr 7 and it arrived today!!!

Went with 927/948, 1/4" top spacer, 3/8" clevis spacer, teraflex bumpstops, 2 extra isos per side for the rear, and went with the a-arm upgrade from JBA as well

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, that's a nice parts assortment! Bet you were glad when the UPS guy showed up at your door, eh?

Great selection - you're really gonna like your KJ now :waytogo:

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice parts collection.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could suggest something - don't use the plastic boots on the front shocks. Mine squeak like a motherf*cker and they're not trivial to get off...(spring compressor)

Oh and those rear shocks are the same length as stock...I switched mine out for Bilstein 4"s. Got a good deal on them because they were slightly used.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, that's a nice parts assortment! Bet you were glad when the UPS guy showed up at your door, eh?

Great selection - you're really gonna like your KJ now :waytogo:

Bob

So I was following the tracking number and I knew it was on a truck on its way to my house. But I also knew I probably wouldn't be home before they got there. It was DHL and the guy left it on my step with no signature! If I had more spare time I'd be scamming them for the insurance. I'm just happy I have the parts. I was excited to lift the KJ already, but with parts in hand I dare say I am giddy

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the second line of the shipping address I normally add a comment:
"Leave package at door".

I know that can be risky, but I hate having to take extra time off work to run downtown to pick up the parts. I also tend to keep an eye on the tracking and as soon as I see "delivered" I take off and run home. :)

Nice parts, looking forward to see the install. Please add pics if you can, I am tempted to do the install myself but am afraid to get stuck 1/2 with no way to recover.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a milestone this week

Yes thats KM's :gr_grin: and the CEL had to be on. EVAP code...

Got tires mounted on the wheels today, I have a pic but I want to save something as a surprise. Hoping within the next month to get the kit on!

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shes lifted. Im a hobby mechanic, Ive never done anything this extensive before. This is far and away the coolest thing i have ever done to a vehicle. I did this all on my own. Over 3 days I put about 16 hours in I would guess. The rear I did on the first day in about 3 hours. The front got spread out over the next 2 days. Included several trips to the tool store for odds and ends and driving around to shops to find someone who could do the struts. For some reason the first shop couldnt do them. I also removed a brake line by accident when I thought I was removing a caliper bolt and was distracted talking to someone so I had to spend some time trying to bleed the brakes. I didnt get done in time to get an alignment today so that will happen tomorrow. Shes so far out of alignment the tires squeal in a straight line at anything above 40kmh. That is all for now. Tires and pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early numbers

Hub to flare measurements before lift/after lift in inches

LF - 18/22.25 RF - 18.25/22.75
LR - 19.375/23.75 RR - 19/23.25

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I just tried to go get an alignment and both shops that are open today are too busy to fit me in. So wont be getting alignment today, hopefully tomorrow.

I get alot of weird looks driving around with the tires squealing.

There is something wrong with the front right corner however. when I go over a speed bump and the wheel drops im hearing a bang. dont get any noise just driving into an incline or slowly bringing that wheel down. but when that wheel drops there is a bang. just one. sounds like metal on metal. any insight from anyone here would be appreciated

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
well I just tried to go get an alignment and both shops that are open today are too busy to fit me in. So wont be getting alignment today, hopefully tomorrow.

I get alot of weird looks driving around with the tires squealing.

There is something wrong with the front right corner however. when I go over a speed bump and the wheel drops im hearing a bang. dont get any noise just driving into an incline or slowly bringing that wheel down. but when that wheel drops there is a bang. just one. sounds like metal on metal. any insight from anyone here would be appreciated

iTS THE HEIGHT YOU ARE AT AND NO ALIGNMENT
whoops caps on
BUT its the spring hitting the UCA I would say
Did you tighten the UCAs with full weight on them? If not then loosen bolts and retighten that may help some as well. You should try and get both sides equal height as well before an alignment is done

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did install jba uca's tom. They cant be on backwards right? they are symmetrical?

Uca's were torqued down with full weight on the ground. seeing how its the passenger side maybe i will back them off and re torque. the passenger UCA was strangely tight to get into the mounting spots where the driver side easily went right in .

Just ran out and checked and there is a contact mark on the spring - thank you

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pre alignment shot, the wheel is turned a little to the left so the toe isnt quite that bad but look at that camber :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will drop about 1/2 inch when aligned , but yes its funny how they look before an alignment :happy175:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I get it aligned and see how it sits for level then? Since Im going to have to get it realigned soon anyways?

Also the brake line that I accidentally removed now has a very small leak at the caliper. Not dripping but the area is slightly wet after driving around.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I get it aligned and see how it sits for level then? Since Im going to have to get it realigned soon anyways?

Also the brake line that I accidentally removed now has a very small leak at the caliper. Not dripping but the area is slightly wet after driving around.

reused the crush washer?

Members online

No members online now.