KJ604's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure the passenger side is all the way down as far as it can go?
I'd just raise it up, loosen the pinch bolt on the clevis and pry down some on the drivers side to even it out

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the passenger side is all the way down as far as it can go?
I'd just raise it up, loosen the pinch bolt on the clevis and pry down some on the drivers side to even it out

Thanks Tom. I will try to even things out and report back..

Have you ever seen a KJ that was 1" difference side to side??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I will try to even things out and report back..

Have you ever seen a KJ that was 1" difference side to side??

All Libertys are lower on the drivers side for some reason, but never seen one with this much difference. Most are maybe 1/4 I always try and sneak in a little extra on that side

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the strut on the PS and it sure looks like the clevis is up as high as it can go.

I had a thought about the difference in height though. The camber is set very close to 0 on the DS. Its a tiny bit positive still but sometimes it looks straight up and down. The PS however is stilll clearly positive camber and never comes close to looking straight up and down. Since tomm said the ride height drops .5" when aligned im thinking that the PS might still be .5" higher than it will be when it is aligned correctly but the DS has already dropped that .5"

So theres really not much I can do until I get another alignment.

My stack of new wheels has just been sitting in the garage. I had to move them the other day and noticed all of the stick on wheel weights they used had come unglued and fallen off and were just sitting there. One more thing to deal with.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stack of new wheels has just been sitting in the garage. I had to move them the other day and noticed all of the stick on wheel weights they used had come unglued and fallen off and were just sitting there. One more thing to deal with.

Oh trust me, I feel your pain
Feels like after lifting there's so many more issues that come up/become noticeable
But I guess it's just the way it is !

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the jeep looks good, ***** you are having some issues though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I feel your pain
Feels like after lifting there's so many more issues that come up/become noticeable
But I guess it's just the way it is !

Only on yours it seems
Don't know of any we lifted that had any issues at all , except maybe u-joints going out since were worn and now running on a different angle is about it. Never experienced anything like you have going on at all

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks jeeper!

I guess this thread is sounding a little negative. So let me say that it does look awesome! I love the look and I cant wait to get the details sorted out and get the new wheels on!! And the ride is 100x better. Mine still feels a bit akward in corners with the bad camber but I can tell once I get that fixed and the new tires on the ride is going to be really good. I could tell from the second i left my driveway when the body didnt start tilting backward as I let the clutch out. lol

I called the shop that did the balancing and they said they will rebalance the wheels for me. Im going to get them to try to get the alignment fixed at the same time, tomorrow morning.

Oh also I removed one of the extra isos on the rear today. So just running one extra iso per side on the rear now. due to not researching enough even though i thought i read just about everything I could and getting stock length rear shocks. and actually I prefer the more level look better. the rear looked good that high but too high compared to where the front was sitting.

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The caster numbers are low and the cross caster is a little high. Everything else seems to be in spec though. Should I put the new tires on or is the caster a big problem?

It drives fine. The steering feels a bit more stiff but I like that so it doesnt bother me. Corners fine. Didnt feel weird or akward. Much much better now that the camber is fixed.

New ride height numbers. DS 21.25 PS 21.75 Fixed camber also brought the ride heights within .5" of each other, much better. I will try to stretch out the DS strut a bit in the near future.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out to put a notch in the bumpstops for the grease nipple and I noticed at full droop there is still contact between the UCA and the spring on the PS...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just went out to put a notch in the bumpstops for the grease nipple and I noticed at full droop there is still contact between the UCA and the spring on the PS...

Sitting on level ground you have contact between the UCA and the spring??
At 21.75 there is no way you should be contacting well won't say there is no way BUT its really really rare if it does at such a low height

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sitting on the ground no. with the vehicle on jackstands and the hub dropped as low as it can go. there is contact at the lowest point.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sitting on the ground no. with the vehicle on jackstands and the hub dropped as low as it can go. there is contact at the lowest point.

When I lifted mine, I was a little concerned with contact because I couldn't even put my pointer finger between the UCA and coil
But once on the ground there's plenty of clearance, 3/4"-1"
So I would think you'd be OK being at that height

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the look of the new tires and wheels
So glad you actually got the matching spare !

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, once those wheels went on, every bit of frustration was worth it. Stance is perfect. And Im definitely glad I paid for the full set of 5 too!

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and the lug nuts I picked up actually match the wheels well

Last edited: