What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even junkyard 3.7 engines and 45RFE/42RLE transmission are like impossible to find around here. I've been to pretty much every you-pull junkyard in Colorado. Of all the Liberties I've seen, I don't think any still had the transmission and/or engine.

Local U pull has 4 KJs, all with engines/trans. Maybe they're blown? Guess they have to be in the yard for a reason.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took my mom's kj, which is my hunting vehicle now, to get 2 open recalls done on it. plus convinced my mom she needs some new ome springs and new shocks.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced passenger axle and intermediate shaft.

Airflow snorkel arrived after 30 days of waiting. Went and bought a 7.6cm/3" hole saw for the install on Saturday.
You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even junkyard 3.7 engines and 45RFE/42RLE transmission are like impossible to find around here. I've been to pretty much every you-pull junkyard in Colorado. Of all the Liberties I've seen, I don't think any still had the transmission and/or engine.

Local U pull has 4 KJs, all with engines/trans. Maybe they're blown? Guess they have to be in the yard for a reason.

Most "you pull and pay" type junkyards here in Colorado will pull high value parts like engines/trans before putting them out in the public yard.Sadly the 3.7 is considered a high value engine for some dumb reason.

Rockdart is correct also since this state is heavily populated with Jeeps some parts you just will never find at a junkyard since they know what they are worth and pull them right away and sell on a different market at a very high price.

Take a Ford HP60,which should be showing up or already at the junkyards is nowhere to be found since they pull them and the starting price is $1200.East coast that same diff is $300-$400,west coast your talking about $500.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most "you pull and pay" type junkyards here in Colorado will pull high value parts like engines/trans before putting them out in the public yard.Sadly the 3.7 is considered a high value engine for some dumb reason.

Rockdart is correct also since this state is heavily populated with Jeeps some parts you just will never find at a junkyard since they know what they are worth and pull them right away and sell on a different market at a very high price.

Take a Ford HP60,which should be showing up or already at the junkyards is nowhere to be found since they pull them and the starting price is $1200.East coast that same diff is $300-$400,west coast your talking about $500.

Is that due to all you guys being so rich Troy ?? :happy175:

I know I :gr_grin::icon_razz::icon_razz:know but ............

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm I'm thinking business opportunity. :emotions34:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rolled it out of shed.
continued insulation install in shed.
rolled it back into shed.

coming up on 69k miles. need to see if it's due for diff/trans/t-case fluids, as well as an oil change.

eta: nope. d/t/t was done at almost 60k. oil at 66k. I'm on 6k intervals. I possibly might pull it earlier if I don't make another 3k before winter hits, so I have fresh lube and filter for when i'm plowing (hopefully. daddy wants that plow money.)

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out my rear drive shaft and put it back in. Thought I had a bad ujoint.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Washed it, nano skinned it, now the second coat of Klasse is curing on it, put a third one on in the morning and it'll be good to go.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it, nano skinned it, now the second coat of Klasse is curing on it, put a third one on in the morning and it'll be good to go.

I love spending 3 hours doing a chemical guys treatment just to get a text messsge "trails are open today"...

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday cleaning the KJ for once- focused on engine bay this time, mainly so it can be nice and clean before winter comes (I'll be deep cleaning the outside/underside before then, though). Fixed the exhaust rattling noise I was having, and changed around my tires.
Went to Wally World after and found a little KJ to pose next to.. nice to see the difference customizing does after you've gotten used to it!

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
How is it that a lift makes a Jeep look not only (understandably) taller, but wider as well?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is it that a lift makes a Jeep look not only (understandably) taller, but wider as well?

It does look wider. Must be the red color and bigger tires???

Awesome looking jeeplib05.

Dave

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wheel backspacing probably helps with that look :gr_grin:
The only answer to your question is once lifted, Big Red just likes to tower over the poor, sagged ones.

It does look wider. Must be the red color and bigger tires???

Awesome looking jeeplib05.

Dave

I appreciate it Dave!

Trimming the front bumper is like the icing on the cake for the more lifted look IMO

Vamaranth

Reaction score
Washed New 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade

Both inside and out. Added an air freshener and put all my car supplies inside.

It's going to need about $2500-$3500 in work to get it safetied but hey - this was my dream car and I have friends who help out here and there since I'm learning about my Jeep and repairs!