What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed both front and rear '03 Limited leather seats into my '05 Sport

You must be registered for see images

Power works, seat-belt sensors work, air bag sensor works. heat is on the way.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well find me a house with at least two car garage, a day job that pays half way decent and “I'm your Huckleberry, that's just my game.”
I'll move , hate it here anyways ..............

I wouldn't wish moving here on hildabeast (seems that **** might be coming anyways) nevermind someone useful such as yourself.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the lift and tires today!

Sure was handy having one of these at the shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

So for those that have used the Dakota shocks for the back did you mount them the way I did. I would assume this is the way they mount based on the writing on the shock. Instructions in the box did not say anything about it.

Next to my friends stock truck. His will probably get lifted next week.

Ended up with 3.5" of total lift in the front and 3.25" in the rear with the tires (245/75r16 Falkens)

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those shocks are actually upside down I think, if it matters. I ran mine the other way. Take the boots off too, they just let crap build up and destroy the seals. Ruined a pair of shocks that way.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just to throw it out there, I searched hi and lo for poly rear spring isolators, but I couldn't find any. So, being the cheapskate that I am, I took my jigsaw and cut out some isolators from a used 60 tire. Got six quite serviceable isolators for the price of a couple of saw blades. I check up on 'em every couple of months to see how they're holding up. So far so good...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed the lift and tires today!

Sure was handy having one of these at the shop.

So for those that have used the Dakota shocks for the back did you mount them the way I did. I would assume this is the way they mount based on the writing on the shock. Instructions in the box did not say anything about it.

Next to my friends stock truck. His will probably get lifted next week.

Ended up with 3.5" of total lift in the front and 3.25" in the rear with the tires (245/75r16 Falkens)

Measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare that way you can compare with what others got. Should be 21.5 with no extras

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, I searched hi and lo for poly rear spring isolators, but I couldn't find any. So, being the cheapskate that I am, I took my jigsaw and cut out some isolators from a used 60 tire. Got six quite serviceable isolators for the price of a couple of saw blades. I check up on 'em every couple of months to see how they're holding up. So far so good...

Wheres the upper bumpstop at ?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a piece of skin to my exhaust. Apparently I am tired enough to "feel" for exhaust leaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing. been driving the beater lately, now that I figured out why it was getting such poor gas mileage and stinking like raw fuel. return line fitting off the TBI was loose, spraying down the engine bay with fuel.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buying the remaining parts for the suspension lift. but not sure if i need new coil spring isolators?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not too bad without a projector lens... the brand is actually highly rated / recommended like DDM is to HID lots , jdm astar G2 led kits seems to be pretty nice

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a shot out in the middle of nowhere, that'll determine if they're good or not
They always look good against garage doors but the LEDs I've seen without projectors have terrible spread, especially since you have to angle them down further due to being so much brighter than halogens
You lose all of that down-road light that's needed and also those LEDs get extremely hot if they're made with cheap materials

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not too bad without a projector lens... the brand is actually highly rated / recommended like DDM is to HID lots , jdm astar G2 led kits seems to be pretty nice
Lmao do it while 20ft away. I'll be swapping my hids over to projectors pretty soon.