What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Undercoated the KJ today.. WOW what a difference
Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After hitting everything with a wire brush and after undercoat:

Everything looks brand new, I love the look!
Also hit the wheel wells, everything up front as well as everything in the rear including the hitch (axle, LCAs, frame, gas tank, etc covered also)
Here's a closeup picture of the front wheel well:

Looks great! What did you use for the wheel well>? Looks like Line-x or something?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! What did you use for the wheel well>? Looks like Line-x or something?

Thanks a lot!
I used 3M Professional Grade Undercoating for everything, so all parts that got sprayed look and feel the way the wheel well does
It gives it a very nice finish, does not drip, and makes everything look brand new!
Only about $10 a can, I used about 3 for the main stuff I wanted covered and then 1 1/2 for little extras (gas tank, rear LCAs, hitch, frame next to the rockers)
It turned out exactly how I wanted, it feels like a very fine bedliner but it sprays so consistent I was surprised
I just wire brushed every part that I wanted covered and went to town!
I also only did one coat but I'm going to go back and hit the little stuff I may have missed at the angle I was spraying and whatnot
Overall I would definitely recommend this stuff

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the seat covers installed yesterday. Now before i get bombarded with questions, the front set was 179 and the rear set was 179 as well from igee. They look great and are very comfortable. Looks factory Imo

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
I used 3M Professional Grade Undercoating for everything, so all parts that got sprayed look and feel the way the wheel well does
It gives it a very nice finish, does not drip, and makes everything look brand new!
Only about $10 a can, I used about 3 for the main stuff I wanted covered and then 1 1/2 for little extras (gas tank, rear LCAs, hitch, frame next to the rockers)
It turned out exactly how I wanted, it feels like a very fine bedliner but it sprays so consistent I was surprised
I just wire brushed every part that I wanted covered and went to town!
I also only did one coat but I'm going to go back and hit the little stuff I may have missed at the angle I was spraying and whatnot
Overall I would definitely recommend this stuff

Great, thanks. I was looking at getting some Line-X to do my wheel flares and rear bumper, but this stuff looks like it could be the go. Ill get a can and test it out.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks. I was looking at getting some Line-X to do my wheel flares and rear bumper, but this stuff looks like it could be the go. Ill get a can and test it out.

I'm very tempted to put it on all of my gray plastic but I don't want to take the stuff off and break clips

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally reached a level of frustration with the Husky floor mats that I angrily ordered a set of WeatherTech FloorLiners. They arrived today. I pulled the front door open, yanked the Husky's out and flung them as far down the sidewalk as I could (admittedly a weak-ass frisbee-type toss). The liners slipped into position very easily and look pretty dang nice. I got black, even though my interior is gray. I haven't taken it for a test drive yet, but I am sure they will make the Jeep go faster and smoother than ever before...:shrug: well, it looks better anyway. No doubt they will clean up better and they definitely won't move around and bunch up every time I try to get in the KJ's cockpit.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally reached a level of frustration with the Husky floor mats that I angrily ordered a set of WeatherTech FloorLiners. They arrived today. I pulled the front door open, yanked the Husky's out and flung them as far down the sidewalk as I could (admittedly a weak-ass frisbee-type toss). The liners slipped into position very easily and look pretty dang nice. I got black, even though my interior is gray. I haven't taken it for a test drive yet, but I am sure they will make the Jeep go faster and smoother than ever before...:shrug: well, it looks better anyway. No doubt they will clean up better and they definitely won't move around and bunch up every time I try to get in the KJ's cockpit.
Best 300 ish dollars i spent IMO front and rear. Haven't had a problem in almost a year and they're still black. Yet again i keep my jeep very clean

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Husky liners did you get? Mine have been installed for three years and haven't bunched or slipped - ever.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Same. Mine are probably ten years old and I've never had an issue, even when driving in ski boots. Did you have the full liners or more of the mat type?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So its not exactly what I did today to any of mine , but I will use these coming up soon
But there are a lot of great people in the world, and one of them sent me a care package today. Putting a few of them ( well 3 of them) to use on the Green 03 tomorrow now.
So you know who you are, really appreciate the box of goodies ! :winner_third_h4h:
Well should of said last week, but somehow they got delayed getting to me for a few days !
BUT I GOT THEM !!
Oh and its not the first time I have received parts with Tom Mudd on them :happy175:

Last edited:

scottg

Reaction score
Removed the rusting OE step bars, and did some temp rust fix on the drivers door. Was getting worse then I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

scottg

Reaction score
The more I sanded, the more damage I found, used some rust fix primer and followed up with undercoating for now. If money ever allows it, I will replace the door itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I finally bit the bullet and ordered and installed a new latch assembly after driving around for a couple of weeks with my interior lights on and the lift-glass warning light on. I couldn't find just the microswitch for it. Either way it works very nice.

While everything was apart I also replaced the switch/wiring harness on the gate handle so now it opens without use of the key fob again. I'm pretty happy that everything finally works like it should again :burnout:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I sanded, the more damage I found, used some rust fix primer and followed up with undercoating for now. If money ever allows it, I will replace the door itself.

cleaned it up nice though

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So its not exactly what I did today to any of mine , but I will use these coming up soon
But there are a lot of great people in the world, and one of them sent me a care package today. Putting a few of them ( well 3 of them) to use on the Green 03 tomorrow now.
So you know who you are, really appreciate the box of goodies ! :winner_third_h4h:
Well should of said last week, but somehow they got delayed getting to me for a few days !
BUT I GOT THEM !!
Oh and its not the first time I have received parts with Tom Mudd on them :happy175:

Tom, that's just really cool! :waytogo:

Looking forward to seeing what you received ;)

Bob

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best 300 ish dollars i spent IMO front and rear. Haven't had a problem in almost a year and they're still black. Yet again i keep my jeep very clean
Yeah, I'm not as **** about it as you. I sometimes wish I were though - like every time I see a picture you post. :icon_razz:

What Husky liners did you get? Mine have been installed for three years and haven't bunched or slipped - ever.
Same. Mine are probably ten years old and I've never had an issue, even when driving in ski boots. Did you have the full liners or more of the mat type?
I didn't get Husky liners, I got floor mats. Stoopid me, I didn't know the difference at the time until they arrived. And too stubborn to return them. :(

It's all good now though. Test drove them today and I like them real fine. :)

Latest posts

Members online