What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ever since I did rear brakes, which required new parking shoes and hardware, I haven't been able to get the parking brakes to adjust well. think I need to get under it and floggle the star wheels some more, I guess. I do the roll-back-and-yank-the-brake trick a couple times, and it seems to work once or twice, but it won't keep the jeep from rolling forward, and after that they loosen up again. Only thing I can think of is the cables can't ratchet tension enough at the handle, and I don't know how to loosen that part as well.

You have to do that a few times a day for a few weeks lol. At least that's what did it on mine. I use mine every time I park it, even let it roll back onto it a bit if possible.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to do that a few times a day for a few weeks lol. At least that's what did it on mine. I use mine every time I park it, even let it roll back onto it a bit if possible.

that almost sounds like the shoes need to bed in to the inside of the hat? I could buy that as a possibility, seeing as how EBC rotors have a black coating on them. if that's the case I could do an occasional drag on them to help speed that process.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That could be it. I never thought about that.

I just remember thinking about how it never seemed to hold an adjustment. But after awhile it works great.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires on two of the KJs, ( 03 and 05 ) changed the oil in the 03 , plus transfer case
Picked up a spare 4.10 rear diff and ..........................well rest is to come later
Oh and had to do a slight bit of trimming to get back into camp, been a few weeks LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old libberty took me n the girls to the zoo yesterday.

We also hit a milestone.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, I hope you've stocked up on shotgun shells. something tells me she's going to be a heart breaker.

(dad joke: boy shows up to take daddy's girl on a date. dad tosses a shell at the kid. "after 10pm they come at you a hell of a lot faster!")

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, I hope you've stocked up on shotgun shells. something tells me she's going to be a heart breaker.

(dad joke: boy shows up to take daddy's girl on a date. dad tosses a shell at the kid. "after 10pm they come at you a hell of a lot faster!")

I think i will be using that one. I get it all the time. I mean no offensive to anyone or there kids but some babies arent cute. I mean this girl been cute since day one. This photo is the first day we got her home she was 1 week old. She was born early and my wife is a diabetic so my daughter had to stay in the infant intensive care for a week.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the other one is to greet their date at the door, with a beer in one hand, a shotgun in the other, and dressed only in tighty whities. "So, you're taking my daughter out on a date, are ya? *1-handed-shotgun-rack* *beer-infused-belch*"

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to the gym and back before work. I enjoyed not having the brakes pulse at me every time I used them. It's the little things in life, sometimes...

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled off the annoying dealer sticker they just love putting on the tailgate
Also, did a little modification.. I had to do at least ONE thing to her today :happy175:

Fixing to do the rest tomorrow maybe :gr_grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled off the annoying dealer sticker they just love putting on the tailgate
Also, did a little modification.. I had to do at least ONE thing to her today :happy175:

Fixing to do the rest tomorrow maybe :gr_grin:

Another one gets " drilled" :happy175:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one gets " drilled" :happy175:

Indeed, she got drilled 3 times so far :superhack:
Although, I didn't go all the way through
Not sure if I want to yet, what do you think?

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them all done :waytogo:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 4x KJ front guard from JBA and a Skid Row front skid. Skid Row said I'd have theirs tomorrow (I live an hour away from them and its in stock), Marlin from JBA said the front guard may be out of stock could be about 3 weeks. Hopefully I won't have to do much fiddling around to get it mounted up under the ARB bumper.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 4x KJ front guard from JBA and a Skid Row front skid. Skid Row said I'd have theirs tomorrow (I live an hour away from them and its in stock), Marlin from JBA said the front guard may be out of stock could be about 3 weeks. Hopefully I won't have to do much fiddling around to get it mounted up under the ARB bumper.

All depends on how you want it to fit.
Can mount it pretty much stock OR mount it more upright which requires some cutting and small amount of fab work
Can drill two holes where the Skid Row has their front nutzerts in and mount right to it ( the Skid Row )

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, I don't think I'll be doing that
Just was curious if I should drill all the way through or keep it how it is

Somebody did up a really nice 06 a while back, that had fired pistol cases in the door handles and some other places, repainted it (properly!) an army green color, and overall did a really stellar job. If I hadn't just bought my 07 I would have looked really hard at picking it up. Alas someone else bought it and disappeared with it. :(

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Undercoated the KJ today.. WOW what a difference
Before:

After hitting everything with a wire brush and after undercoat:

Everything looks brand new, I love the look!
Also hit the wheel wells, everything up front as well as everything in the rear including the hitch (axle, LCAs, frame, gas tank, etc covered also)
Here's a closeup picture of the front wheel well:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.