What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove it!!!!

Gosh if I was able to do all this work to it months ago I probably would have never bought the Scion. This thing is now an absolute PLEASURE to drive. The combination of having the rear higher, the new UCA and the new LCAs puts the pinion in a much better (not perfect...yet...) spot for less vibes and it no longer sways all over the road.

Plus it's probably (haven't driven it enough yet) leaking a lot less oil with a new crank seal.

Can't wait to get the rack done. It's going to feel like a new Jeep.

Last edited:

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go to the Akron Pull-A-Part? They have a few Libbies there from which I've "pulled a part..." :happy175:

Bob

I have been, not for the libby though. Im down in athens now, slim pickins... just looked at cantons p-a-p inventory and they have a 2.4l 4x4..... 4.10s may be in my future if its still there when i come up for labor day [emoji16][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I drove it!!!!

Gosh if I was able to do all this work to it months ago I probably would have never bought the Scion. This thing is now an absolute PLEASURE to drive. The combination of having the rear higher, the new UCA and the new LCAs puts the pinion in a much better (not perfect...yet...) spot for less vibes and it no longer sways all over the road.

Plus it's probably (haven't driven it enough yet) leaking a lot less oil with a new crank seal.

Can't wait to get the rack done. It's going to feel like a new Jeep.
I bet does. Wait till you get a new trans, especially if you get one with a shift kit or something. It'll feel like a hot rod :D

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all three wiper blades
I had the Rain-X water repellent blades but was disappointed with how short the water repellent coating lasted
I started getting bad streaks from both blades so I knew it was time to replace them, although they were only about 4-5 months old
My rear blade looked like the original so I replaced that one as well, even though I never use it

Also ordered some new LED fog lights since the ones I got are junk, so I'll update on those once I get them installed
If they don't work out then I'm just going to throw in some factory style housings and wire some H10 HID bulbs into them
My engine bay is getting crazy with all of the wires I've ran through it :gr_grin:
But, I guess that's what happens when you don't get fogs from the factory and you want to add aux lighting!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced all three wiper blades
I had the Rain-X water repellent blades but was disappointed with how short the water repellent coating lasted
I started getting bad streaks from both blades so I knew it was time to replace them, although they were only about 4-5 months old
My rear blade looked like the original so I replaced that one as well, even though I never use it

Also ordered some new LED fog lights since the ones I got are junk, so I'll update on those once I get them installed
If they don't work out then I'm just going to throw in some factory style housings and wire some H10 HID bulbs into them
My engine bay is getting crazy with all of the wires I've ran through it :gr_grin:
But, I guess that's what happens when you don't get fogs from the factory and you want to add aux lighting!

I have some extra fogs ( OEM ) but they aren't designed to run HIDs, would scatter light everywhere

Oh wait you have the 05 I forgot, don't have any of those, but the same holds true on the HIDs

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed transfer case oil
opened up the drivers door to free up the linkage
went for a nice drive

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've adjusted mine quite a bit - mostly on the compression side. I've got mine at 10 clicks on rebound and 2 clicks on compression. I wanted the shocks to 'absorb' the bumps a little more while allowing the springs to keep the tires on the road on rebound.

I've got the same bumper/winch/rope combination as you and as much highway driving as I do I wanted a little more "subtlety." When I go offroad I dial things back up to 12 on rebound and 5 on compression.

My 2 cents....

Bob

Thanks for the info. I have a 4 hour highway trip coming up for hunting season so I'm going to give those settings a try.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the rear brakes and the parking brakes. Drove it around the block and did not die. (I might do that later.)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ever since I did rear brakes, which required new parking shoes and hardware, I haven't been able to get the parking brakes to adjust well. think I need to get under it and floggle the star wheels some more, I guess. I do the roll-back-and-yank-the-brake trick a couple times, and it seems to work once or twice, but it won't keep the jeep from rolling forward, and after that they loosen up again. Only thing I can think of is the cables can't ratchet tension enough at the handle, and I don't know how to loosen that part as well.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^ That's my next project too.

My motto is: "Fix it first, then get it to work right later".

Members online

No members online now.