What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a steel front diff for the 4.56?

Gyro

Thank you Gyro, I forgot that the 4.10 is the biggest ring & pinion that will fit in the KJ front diff carrier...got a little crazy there for a minute...4.10 it is...

Has anyone tried the 4.56 in the rear and 4.10 up front with any success?...Just kidding.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Gyro, I forgot that the 4.10 is the biggest ring & pinion that will fit in the KJ front diff carrier...got a little crazy there for a minute...4.10 it is...

Has anyone tried the 4.56 in the rear and 4.10 up front with any success?...Just kidding.

Go ahead and report your results ...........................:icon_lol:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why we have you guys here...to keep the rest of us in-line...in a good way.:whip:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday. Tire rotation drained and filled my transmission for the second time. Replaced my transmission skid plate. Replaced my idle air control valve.

TIME OUT!!

Replaced the ****** skid from JBA? Replaced it with....? Or are you talking about the factory T-case skid?

Don't leave me hangin', Tim ;)

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently replaced the broken factory radio but wasn't really satisfied with the JVC head unit - too tinny and the Bluetooth was a little spotty when making or receiving calls. Made a call to Crutchfield and told them Metra has a dash kit for a double-DIN receiver - tech on the phone was aware of it and said the folks in R&D were working on detailed instructions for modding the sub-dash so a double-DIN receiver would fit. Told him I'd send them my pics so they could see the results and let him know several of you had done it already and were happy with it.

Anyway, bought a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS with SiriusXM, Bluetooth audio and calling, AppRadio for smartphone apps, blah blah blah. Had to do some trimming of the sub-dash to make room for the deeper receiver. Initial cuts:
You must be registered for see images

Getting closer:

Done except for cleanup:

Installed!

Was going to paint the Metra kit chrome or something like it (previously had a center stack surround from a Limited so it was chrome) but decided I'd go back to the factory Renegade black. I like it so far - have to get a new cable as the first RGB/Lightning cable was bad. Will report later how the iPhone apps work on the Pioneer.

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
figured out that key code thing.
Apparently, the correct process involves waiting for the mileage to flash on first before turning the key to the off position.
D'oh.

Crackuh_Don

Reaction score
I removed the roof rails, spare tire holder on back, took out the driver's side rear seat and put the spare tire inside.

Weight savings! haha, but reall i like the look with all the stuff taken off.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced left rear ABS sensor,seems to have fixed the p0700&U0002 codes.

Gyro

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally added the spare tire extender, so now I can close the rear glass separately from the door with the 255/75/17 BFG hanging off the back. Also, ordered a Thrush welded muffler after finding the tell-tale soot marking of an exhaust leak in the muffler.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off for an alignment and general inspection of the front end. Something is making a humming noise up there

Latest posts