What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightened up my CB antenna bracket. Then worked on a 04 impala for the rest of the day.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in for an AC inspection, since it was blowing warm at idle. At first I thought it might be a problem with the fan, since it worked fine when moving, but then I tried revving while the vehicle was stopped. Sure enough, another 500rpm and it started blowing cold again.

Turns out my Schrader valve on the high-pressure side was leaking, they vacuumed the system, replaced the o-ring, and refilled it. Ice cold AC is mine once more! :D

Then I went to Total Wine and bought some beer.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it!

Washed it yesterday and watched it rain on it last night...and this afternoon...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked it up from the shop, including the new driver's side wheel bearing. Now only the tires are humming while I drive down the road:icon_twisted:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that even allowed? What do you buy at Total Beer? Chardonnay? :gr_grin:

It's actually called, "Total Wine & More", but everyone leaves out the "& More" :icon_lol:

It's the worst store ever. I always spend too much money when I go there. :party52:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Thrush muffler welded on. Then a nice wash and mini- detail on a 75° high-desert afternoon...

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my Mopar fan shroud from Avondale today. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to install the new fan and shroud.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
They don't make it easy to clean the electric cooling fan blades.
I had mud stuck to many of them.
Used a pencil with eraser end to hold fan in place.
Then a 1 inch paint brush with soap/water to attack the blades. Fun!
52457[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The blades are much better now, not perfect, but somewhat clean.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Electric%20Fan%20Blades.jpg
    Jeep%20Electric%20Fan%20Blades.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 0

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my Mopar fan shroud from Avondale today. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some time to install the new fan and shroud.

Could you take a before and after picture after cutting through the shroud?
I'd like a reference when I do mine.
thanks!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it and added a serious performance mod:

You must be registered for see images

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
twowings, there are a lot of people join here, talk about all the stuff they're going to do, then never quite get around to it. (I should know, thanks to my job situation I am one of them...)

You, on the other hand, have wasted no time. My hat is off to you! :worthy:

(Or at least, my antlers are off to you.) :icon_lol:

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks! Since I'm now elderly, I can now spend money without worrying about the consequences!! :happy175:

I actually just got the skids out of the boxes to test fit and one thing led to another.... and voila!

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fan shroud trimming today. Need to track down the screws to affix the fan to the shroud. Don't have anything in my possession that fits the clips installed on the new shroud and the old ones are toast. Really don't want to cut without the fan in it as it will give the shroud extra rigidity. The new Mopar one is slightly different from the OE but all seems to line up fine.

I did find the source of a strange clicking/rubbing/metallic noise that I only heard when lightly braking. Lower slide pin on Dside was toast so not moving properly. The rubber sleeve appears to be swollen?? Removed sleeve for now and cleaned and re-lubed and no more noise. Have to pickup a new set of slides this week. Can't be good to not have that pivot sleeve on there.