What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it the 60 miles round trip to work and back. Still trying to figure out the vibration it has at 65 mph and the stupid brakes in front on and off make it pull left. I am going to try bleeding those to see if that fixes the problem.

If anyone has suggestions on what to check for the vibration hit me with them.

Oh and when I feel like ******* the local Jeep Club off I post a picture of their logo next to the Steelers logo I have next to it on the back of my Jeep. It's a Baltimore are group.

if bleeding doesn't work, I'd bet on the hose collapsing. If you have one, use an infrared thermometer the next time it's pulling for a bit. I bet you'll see a large difference in heat between the two front brake sets.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it the 60 miles round trip to work and back. Still trying to figure out the vibration it has at 65 mph and the stupid brakes in front on and off make it pull left. I am going to try bleeding those to see if that fixes the problem.

is your caliper stuck??

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caliper doesn't seem to be stuck. It lets go when I release the brake and drives normal. I was thinking maybe the brake lines could be a possibility. I just replaced all the hardware and greased them up good a few weeks ago hoping that was the problem. I am wondering if the brakes might be causing the vibration? Maybe they aren't releasing all the way.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack it up and spin the wheels. One bent maybe? While it's up, hit the brakes hard, and see if they spin easily afterwards. Hoses collapse inside sometimes, and don't let fluid release. It will roll, but be dragging.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove my Jeep for the first time in almost 2 months since the accident, Rear end has been repaired and ****** has been fixed by the mechanical shop, Feels strange to go from a brand new rental truck back to the Jeep, Now I should have my new to me Nissan Titan back from the shop this weekend as long as the new rear diff is on schedule.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crawled around the front end on my lunch break and froze my butt off but I did find a bulge in the left front brake line that looks like the size of a pea. Looks like I will be replacing brake lines this weekend. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you found a likely culprit. And too bad about the freezing - at least May is right around the corner. :)

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Maryland springs. Snow in the morning then warm in the afternoon to frost at night then in the 70's the next day. It always a game of weather roulette this time of year.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It's 41F in the rain here. Just before nightfall yesterday, the cold front clouds were so black, I was expecting a lightning storm. They are calling for risk of one here later this afternoon.
I'm hoping it will be better on Saturday, as I really need to sort out the cargo area.
It is a mess, and have to figure out what to get rid of. Also need to check the spare tire pressure, have not done that in quite a while.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to determine where to install this at now :shrug:
You must be registered for see images attach

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front brake lines yesterday hoping it helps with the pulling left during braking. Trimmed the front plastic off in the front wheel wells to quiet the tire rubbing. Helped a little but didn't get rid of it completely.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday. Tire rotation drained and filled my transmission for the second time. Replaced my transmission skid plate. Replaced my idle air control valve.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the IAC that you had to replace it?
Cleaning did not work?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the IAC that you had to replace it?
Cleaning did not work?
It was working but even after cleaning, it was nasty. Decided to just replace and hold onto the old one. That carbon just doesn't come off easy!

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed serpentine belt and idler assembly(at 136,000kms)on the 06 Renegade.
Sounded like a chick-a-dee under the hood.

Gyro

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally reinstalled my clutch fan that was off since last spring when I did the HGs. Not sure but I think my efan may be on it's way out. Was going to install a brand new fan I've had for a while but realized the shroud hardware was completely rusted. Ordered new shroud. Oil fill tube is still spotless since switching oil quality.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found an aluminum skid plate on Craigslist that was made for another vehicle, but after some trimming and a few drilled holes...a nice inexpensive skid plate that bridges the gap between the bumper and the front skid plate.

Next week is the front & rear 4.56 re-gear and rear locker. Was initially going to go with the 4.10's to get close to "stock", but with the 255/75/17's, I am wanting a little more "torque" for 4LO and towing the overland trailer up and down the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online