What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get it back tomorrow, I'll have something to post.

My friend from whom I acquired my Libby is in town took it down to see her parents.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving around over the weekend and then today and saw a couple of Jeeps. First, pulled up behind an old Grand Cherokee at a light - was in pretty decent shape:
You must be registered for see images

Second, can't help myself when I see another Liberty in a parking lot with an empty space next to it. Just have to pull next to it and get a pic...
You must be registered for see images

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought her new brakes...install this weekend...

I need to do that someday, at 214,000 still on my second set of pads.
I have a whole new set ( all 4 ) new Mopar calipers I found in a box of parts when I moved, have the rear JBA stainless brake lines, rear Mopar pads ( found in that same box of parts) and still have a pair of new front Mopar rotors.
So new rear rotors and front pads and hardware kits and I should be set

Now that she's back on the road again, after minor surgery on her rear/ realignment of her attitude and a good slap across her grill, I need to do something special to her like brakes :happy175:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You owe her that much...LOL

My brakes are ok, but with heavier tires and skid plates and rock rails going on, the wear will begin to accelerate, I'm sure...with 85,000+ miles now, this looks to be the second set of pads on her now...rotors most likely original and never turned...I'm looking forward to seeing how these ceramic pads work...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You owe her that much...LOL

My brakes are ok, but with heavier tires and skid plates and rock rails going on, the wear will begin to accelerate, I'm sure...with 85,000+ miles now, this looks to be the second set of pads on her now...rotors most likely original and never turned...I'm looking forward to seeing how these ceramic pads work...

I've had larger tires etc on since 20,000 miles, swapped out first set of pads etc at around 100,000, this is still that set at 214,000 so i don't notice a lot of extra wear but then I hardly ever use the brakes

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had larger tires etc on since 20,000 miles, swapped out first set of pads etc at around 100,000, this is still that set at 214,000 so i don't notice a lot of extra wear but then I hardly ever use the brakes

They are overrated....:gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Backed her out of the garage to tune up the lawn mower, I'm working on it and a red JKU pulls in. Guy gets out and comes up and first question is " What is this " :shrug: Tell him a Liberty and his next comment " Did Jeep build these ? "
Ok so I see this Jeep go down through on the main drag of the neighborhood all the time, lifted , aftermarket wheels, 35s etc ( spare is stock ) its OK but spacer lift, nothing special etc Can always tell his due to exhaust and the squeaks.
So I say yes Jeep built them and I've done some work to it as well. His next comment was ( as he was walking back towards his ) "Well we're starting a local Jeep Club and when I saw your tire cover the other day I thought you maybe someone to join but guess not! " :shrug:
So mine does not look the part I guess to be in his " club" :happy175::happy175:

Sorry neighbors but I thought mooning this guy was the perfect response at the time .
:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you were rejected because of your Liberty? :happy175:

True , could of been my look, old torn jeans, grease stained sweatshirt , sandals, long hair, 9 days beard growth.................
He was in Dockers or some kind of yuppie pants and a sweater etc. Mall Jeeper:Bye::Bye: ..........

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brought it to the dealership yesterday to have the tire size reprogrammed and the tech didn't know what he was doing, I politely explained what needed to be done (program tire size in the BCM and in the ABS) I think he skipped the abs because my speedometer is reading about 12% slower than my actual speed (I checked with 3 different gps units).

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TwobobsKJ's ****** skid plate came in the mail today.

Looks like I got a some of Ohio with the skid too. :D

Thanks for it and the fader knobs.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it the 60 miles round trip to work and back. Still trying to figure out the vibration it has at 65 mph and the stupid brakes in front on and off make it pull left. I am going to try bleeding those to see if that fixes the problem.

If anyone has suggestions on what to check for the vibration hit me with them.

Oh and when I feel like ******* the local Jeep Club off I post a picture of their logo next to the Steelers logo I have next to it on the back of my Jeep. It's a Baltimore are group.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TwobobsKJ's ****** skid plate came in the mail today.

Looks like I got a some of Ohio with the skid too. :D

Thanks for it and the fader knobs.

Which part of Ohio did you like best...? :happy175:

Glad to be able to help out with the fader knobs - let me know how the skid bolts up :waytogo:

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which part of Ohio did you like best...? :happy175:

Glad to be able to help out with the fader knobs - let me know how the skid bolts up :waytogo:

Bob

I think the giant bug on it was the highlight.
Will tackle it after I figure out the bolt and rivet nut sizes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.