What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Synthetic grease will swell those rubber sleeves.

Pretty sure I've been using plain old high temp caliper grease. Nothing synthetic as far as I know. I'll have to check the can again, but I think they are just old, original and have had it.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering the bushings and ball joint tomorrow for the boomerang. Figured out my wonderful vibration at 65 mph is those worn out bushings back there. Might as well put the new u joints in while I have things apart.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get the whole shebang. They're apparently not easy to rebuild without damaging them and, if yours is as rusty as mine, it's just a good idea.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leeann, I have been wavering on replacing or rebuilding. I am going to crawl under again and look at the whole thing closer to see how bad it is with rust. My mopar mechanic friend and I were talking today at church and he warned me of the pain they are to rebuild.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get the whole shebang. They're apparently not easy to rebuild without damaging them and, if yours is as rusty as mine, it's just a good idea.

Amen, we tried to do one and gave up, old tri-link was just mashing flat, not worth it
New Mopar and good to go
I have two sets of everything to rebuild a tri-link even sitting down in the garage even

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering the bushings and ball joint tomorrow for the boomerang. Figured out my wonderful vibration at 65 mph is those worn out bushings back there. Might as well put the new u joints in while I have things apart.

The vibrations are because the worn bushings are letting the rearend rotate and throwing the pinion angle off. What you feel is the u-joints complaining.
I had vibes too, with new u-joints. After a new boomerang, presto, no more bad bad vibrations!

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Took my baby Jeep to the mountains the other day. The snow is melting off finally. Got her dirty and stretched out her legs a little bit. Awesome day trip with another to follow next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed front brake pads and rotors. While doing that, i did some clevis lift of about 3/8 inch. I did some test drive and it feels like mines higher than escalade :)

Latest posts

Members online