What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozone000

Reaction score
Rate=job.

As an E2 you will be some sort of Fireman, ******, or Airman.

I was a Fireman, but have progressed to Engineman 1st class within 6 years. Top 1% in everything and first in my EN1 class.

You will have either a job, or be undesignated. You need to know this because then you can study for your E4 which will come up faster than you realize.

Also, I can tell you what to expect!!!!!!!

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rate=job.

As an E2 you will be some sort of Fireman, ******, or Airman.

I was a Fireman, but have progressed to Engineman 1st class within 6 years. Top 1% in everything and first in my EN1 class.

You will have either a job, or be undesignated. You need to know this because then you can study for your E4 which will come up faster than you realize.

Also, I can tell you what to expect!!!!!!!

Well, I did not know that.

ozone000

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, it didn't show up.

MR?

That's a good choice! You better get to know your Quality Assurance and measurement info. You'll soon see why I have issues with some of the measurements on the Jeep, part of my job is a Maintenance Planner. I am required to have a detailed knowledge of any work that is being done, and lives are on the line. If one of your numbers is off by 1/10000, people die.

Have a good day!

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was told! I'm set for reserves for 6 years (it's really 8 we all know that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozone000

Reaction score
PM me and I'll give you my #. I'll give you better info than any recruiter will.

You're a fellow Engineer...you belong to me now. I got you!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I was an MM (Machinist Mate). This has nothing at all to do with being a machinist.

I still have grease under my fingernails, even two decades later.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I cant install the bumper just yet because i don't have 10mm drill. Silly me. :p

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I cant install the bumper just yet because i don't have 10mm drill. Silly me. :p

Pretty slick engineering on that bumper, eh? I was very pleasantly surprised how easy it was to install - and by myself no less.

Be sure to post some before and after pics :waytogo:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter what some say about the ARB bumpers they are very well engineered. Great bumpers for sure.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty slick engineering on that bumper, eh? I was very pleasantly surprised how easy it was to install - and by myself no less.

Be sure to post some before and after pics :waytogo:

Bob

Almost done. Now, im stuck at here though.

Fog light housing mount. Its so hard to stick my hand under the bumper to screw bracket onto housing. Hardly any space to put my hand in it. Unless im doing it wrong lol.

As far as design though, i didnt think it would be so easy to mount bumper. It even looked like i could adjust height a little. And those little skid plates that come with are nice. It wasnt as heavy as i thought either.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, those fog light mounts are tough.

I installed the inner screw first since it's the harder of the two to get in - use a short screwdriver (I used a flat instead of phillips) with a larger handle so you can get some torque on it. Then go to the outer screw to finish it up. Since you can't see up in there you just have to go by feel. I have larger hands and almost asked my wife to help me out but my stubbornness eventually won.

Yea, the overall weight of the ARB isn't as much as you'd think given the size of the bumper. But it is engineered to be very strong - I saw TomMudd's ARB that took on a few deer, a Camry and some other objects and it looked great. As a matter of fact, John3Seventeen is running that same bumper now and you'd never know it had hit anything more than a shopping cart ;)

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some new parts installed...

Had the local shop install new bushings in the JBA A-arms so now they're a bit of a mess and need new paint but that will have to wait for another day. The passenger side ball joint needs replaced so when I do that in a couple of weeks I'll clean them up and probably repaint too.

I replaced both outer tie-rod ends, both front brake lines, and removed the stock lower clevis bushings - but not without A LOT of hassle:

If I'd had an air chisel it would've been easier - as it was I used a drill to remove the rubber core, a ball joint press to press out the steel sleeve, a hand chisel and a BFH to get them out. What you can't see in the pic is the puddle of sweat I dripped on the garage floor :emotions34:

The factory bushings were replaced with a set of prototypes that I guess I'll test for a while. Will be far easier to remove (I think...?) than stock. I'm curious how well they'll wear.

The KJ is sitting at 23.5" in front and is perfectly level. No more "driver's side down" to deal with - I'll just crank it up or down to suit my mood. Taking it for an alignment today - will give an update on ride quality later. My quick spin around the block was very encouraging - softer yet firmer if that makes any sense. I may mess around with the rebound and compression adjustments.

The project was a my first real workout since surgery in the fall. Gonna take the holiday weekend off and sip - ummm - tea on the patio :happy175:

UPDATE: Front sitting at 23" after alignment - should've waited till after I got back from the shop to post the ride height :emotions34:

Bob

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got some new parts installed...

Had the local shop install new bushings in the JBA A-arms so now they're a bit of a mess and need new paint but that will have to wait for another day. The passenger side ball joint needs replaced so when I do that in a couple of weeks I'll clean them up and probably repaint too.

I replaced both outer tie-rod ends, both front brake lines, and removed the stock lower clevis bushings - but not without A LOT of hassle:

If I'd had an air chisel it would've been easier - as it was I used a drill to remove the rubber core, a ball joint press to press out the steel sleeve, a hand chisel and a BFH to get them out. What you can't see in the pic is the puddle of sweat I dripped on the garage floor :emotions34:

The factory bushings were replaced with a set of prototypes that I guess I'll test for a while. Will be far easier to remove (I think...?) than stock. I'm curious how well they'll wear.

The KJ is sitting at 23.5" in front and is perfectly level. No more "driver's side down" to deal with - I'll just crank it up or down to suit my mood. Taking it for an alignment today - will give an update on ride quality later. My quick spin around the block was very encouraging - softer yet firmer if that makes any sense. I may mess around with the rebound and compression adjustments.

The project was a my first real workout since surgery in the fall. Gonna take the holiday weekend off and sip - ummm - tea on the patio :happy175:

Bob

Looks great Bob!
Time to test with a ride about halfway down this way ! :happy175:
CVs are not going to like it at that height, careful going over whoop-de-doos :icon_razz:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed my new-to-me cargo security cover. I use the term "installed" loosely, since you pretty much just lay it in there and pull it out.

07JK

Reaction score
I mounted my old bike rack to my Libby today using some u-bolts. I couldn't find my old mounts... I still need to clean up the install a bit by covering the top of the bolts with something, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I mounted my old bike rack to my Libby today using some u-bolts. I couldn't find my old mounts... I still need to clean up the install a bit by covering the top of the bolts with something, though.
Get some black acorn nuts. :waytogo:

So may things to say :emotions34:
:icon_razz: