What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...and after my super-tricky mod of snapping the cargo cover in place, I turned over 76,000 miles on the way home from the gym.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove around town today, bought gas, hit up the local Total Wine for some beers, and got some brats for tomorrow.

Started to think that I needed to make an appointment to get the A/C looked at again. Last year it had a leak in one of the schrader valves, which they fixed by replacing an o-ring. Then I realized, no, it's blowing cold, it's just so damned hot out that it's having a hard time keeping up.

Ready for fall now.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the radiator replaced last week. It was leaking via a small hole in the side plastic near the top of the radiator. Replaced hoses at the same time. It was then discovered that the thermostat gasket was leaking too, so replaced that at the same time.

Tonight im going to replace the belt tensioner pulley. The car is slipping, especially in 1st and 2nd gear.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very important to have the a / c system ready and in good shape especially in these very hot days. Here in Puerto Rico a few days ago it was very hot between 89f and 96f. Sometimes is so hot that when you are in a traffic jam you not even feel the cold air of the a / c. Is hot out there.

Regards!

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi TwoBobsKJ

Good job for what you just did.

Seeing your picture where they show the ball joint of the UCA, when you have the KJ at full drop it is normal to see the boot of the UCA ball joint compressed?

When the UCA ball joint boot is very compressed those that means it should need more grease to fill in?

Thanks for answering!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi TwoBobsKJ

Good job for what you just did.

Seeing your picture where they show the ball joint of the UCA, when you have the KJ at full drop it is normal to see the boot of the UCA ball joint compressed?

When the UCA ball joint boot is very compressed those that means it should need more grease to fill in?

Thanks for answering!

Thanks for the kind words!

The ball joint boot will be compressed on the side facing the tire at full droop just because of the angle - but the inner side will be uncompressed because the angle is wider.

Unfortunately the boot doesn't fit very tightly around the collar of the ball joint so filling the boot with grease doesn't last very long - it just oozes out. I'm calling JBA this week to see if he has new or upgraded boots that fit tighter around the joint collar so the grease stays where it's supposed to and doesn't make such a mess on the top of the steering knuckle :emotions34:

Bob

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the boot doesn't fit very tightly around the collar of the ball joint so filling the boot with grease doesn't last very long - it just oozes out. I'm calling JBA this week to see if he has new or upgraded boots that fit tighter around the joint collar so the grease stays where it's supposed to and doesn't make such a mess on the top of the steering knuckle

Keep us posted Bob. I'd like to know if there are alternatives. This seems to be a common design anymore with greaseable ball joints. I installed some Moog A-arms on my Ranger last year and the boots do not fit tight. I thought it was odd but I just give them a squirt of grease every oil change and haven't had any issues. Their lower ball joints did fit tight and had an "overfill" opening like I was expecting.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi TwoBobsKJ

Ok i understand much better now why the ball joint is compressed out side of the steering knuckle so that is normal.

About the grease on the ball joint it should be inspected every oil change and if need more grease it should be fill up.

Keep us informed what JBA's could advice you about that ball joint.

Thank for answering!

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe mine has a very thick solid boot that doesnt flex much. Has toozed out any grease that im aware of

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Energy Suspension part # 9.13126R boot kit on mine. Capacity is a little on the low side, but they fit very tight. Even the needle injector is tricky to get in there.