What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday I got the new AC clutch/pulley installed finally. My toaster oven paid for itself that day. Set the pulley in there at 250* for about 35 minutes. Put it on the snout and tapped it a few times and it was a done deal. Was nice to have AC again!

Yesterday I flushed the brake system. It was needed.Still doesn't stop as well as I would like, but its not like I cant stop. No ABS, if I stab the brakes I should be able to lock the wheels up, but I am not able to get it to do so. Replacing the pads this weekend

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil for the first time. Not too bad compared to our cars and getting to the oil filter was just a little awkward from the top (skid plate on ours).

How hard is it to remove and reinstall the skid plate by yourself as I'd love to clean up the oil drips from prior filter changes?

Scott

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming its a stock skid plate, it is pretty simple. Has 4 17mm bolts. Two towards the front, they are each in a hole. Take those two completely out. The rear ones you can just loosen and then slide the skid plate out towards the front and it will drop down and its free. Installation is the reverse order of that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil for the first time. Not too bad compared to our cars and getting to the oil filter was just a little awkward from the top (skid plate on ours).

How hard is it to remove and reinstall the skid plate by yourself as I'd love to clean up the oil drips from prior filter changes?

Scott

Why remove the skid plate?
I have ran stock Mopar and a Skid Row on mine and never had any issues with getting to the oil filter
BUT if just cleaning it up it 4 bolts is all that holds it on

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished w/arb.

You must be registered for see images attach

Still sits at 22" so about .5" drop. I have my grille guard for sale if any interested. (Tip: grille guard is worthless)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished w/arb.

Still sits at 22" so about .5" drop. I have my grille guard for sale if any interested. (Tip: grille guard is worthless)

Looks great ! Good job!
But man as a sales person you suck ! :emotions34::happy175:
But honest ! :gr_grin:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished w/arb.

Excellent!! :waytogo:

You thinking about a winch? Some fogs? Driving lights? ;)

(Sorry - I have Jeeper disease. We're never really done with our Jeeps... :happy160: )

Bob

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
So did Eugene get retired...? :popcorn:

By me, yeah... as difficult as it is to do (and trust me, it IS). But - I do have a few people in the KJ community that have expressed interest in purchasing it. A couple people want to drive it, a couple said something about parting it. I won't part it - I don't want to see that happen, particularly in my driveway. I'm so stupidly attached to the thing that I'll probably be in tears when it goes. :blah: So while I'm sad that I'll be sending Eugene along, I'm hopeful that someone in the community will take it. It's been well cared for, it's still running strong... but it's not without some issues.

That said... it's gotten to the point where I travel so much now that I need the MPG jump. The MK has equivalent (if not a bit more) interior space, which is good. Wanted something low miles, and with a warranty if possible. And I wanted something that I could still modify - because I simply can't leave anything stock. :D It was between the Patriot and the Renegade. I don't fully buy into the Renegade's appearance yet... and I've always liked the look of the Patriot... and they have more history are less expensive.

I got a pretty nice deal on it. It was a demo or dealer vehicle - it had 1400 miles on it. So I got a discount for that. They had a discount for buying on the holiday (yesterday). I also qualified for a handful of other cash back offers and discounts, and the interest rate is low... it was something that I really didn't want to pass up. It has anywhere between 3-5 years of warranty on it, depending on the system in question... which will keep us out of the driveway with it for awhile. But I do anticipate that we'll start building it by this fall or next spring, at the latest. For now, I'm just going to drive it.

The MK is getting paint, underbody, and interior protectant today/tomorrow... so they teased me by sending me home in this today. :happy175:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent!! :waytogo:

You thinking about a winch? Some fogs? Driving lights? ;)

(Sorry - I have Jeeper disease. We're never really done with our Jeeps... :happy160: )

Bob

I went to amazon, found some for $300 8500lb capable, but ill hold on and save for warn winch. As far as lights, i dont rly care for lights but hell why not :) i probably will get some fogs as soon as i find out what fits in fog housing.
So...
What fits in arb fog housing by the way?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still a fan of the Harbor Freight/Badlands 12,000# winch I have. Only thing i want to change on mine is to put on a synthetic line.

Finn

Reaction score
took it to the dealership on friday and had the open recalls done.. free hitch new module for the air bag installed and they also replaced the 4wd selector sensor for free as well so i no longer have the parttime light on when driving!

They did steal the 8$ in quarters i keep in the ashtray for tolls and parking in the city!
Manager said they were sorry and offered a free oil change because of it.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a random p0442. Got paranoid when I saw the CEL being that I have a new engine I thought something was seriously wrong until I did the key thing to get the codes. Just got home disconnected the battery and inspected everything. Didn't see anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear coils with Moogs. Just installed Moog struts a couple of weeks ago, so now everything is nice and level again. Even the Moogs are pretty stout springs compared to OEM...looked like 25% bigger wire. They're not near as center-centric as the OEM though...I had to be real careful about placing them on the ISO's so they stayed centered when they became weight-bearing.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Loaded 7 boxes of parts going out to lucky KJ folks across the country in the 03 today .
Poor thing needs a bath, been over a week and she's a dirty girl right now :help::emotions34:
Moving, plus working 13-15 hours a day is taking time away from my beloved KJs :happy175:

Members online

No members online now.