What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
One my way to Fort Nelson, BC and had a little mishap in the snow & dark. Check out my new wheel, care of Kal Tire in Prince Gerorge... Back on the road!
I bet there are some icy conditions on that road trip! Bent the rim eh? Curb hit or?
Fort Nelson- cool...ya like -28c or-18f there right now..get some more pics!
I want to go snowmobiling~~ya...
A good amount of snow there..:gr_grin:
54820[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Ft%20Nelson.jpg
    Ft%20Nelson.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost finished with the transmission line box for the single 8. I screwed up my math on the first one, so it took me awhile to get to this point. Can't wait to hear it.

Got this "old skool" amp the other day, so I'll be swapping amps while the glue dries. Then it's off to pick up some of my engine parts from the machinist(uncle).

Sent from my G870a on 38's

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter. These 1,000-Mile round trips to Ohio and back really cut down the time between changes.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD Yanks Out Dodge 2500

Yesterday...plowing with the Dodge, got stuck in a drift...my buddy showed up with his (already warmed up) CRD...set it Lo 4wd, ZERO wheel spin, pulled the stuck Dodge WITH plow out in a heartbeat. Gotta love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nobody

Reaction score
Changed upstream o2 seonsor on bank 1. Cleared codes and it seems to have taken care of my too rich/too lean codes as well as the low cat efficiency codes.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
KJ Wrench day.

Poor KJ had a bad day yesterday starting cold.
Even though it has a new TPS, 6 new coil packs, it had tons of cranking power, yet hesitated to start, rpm's dropped, and stalled twice.
Hmmm.. cold pintle not moving properly to allow air in=eek! Tired of cleaning it anyways.
So I called yesterday, & ordered a new IAC. Picked up the new IAC at 7:45 AM today.
Dealer wanted ridiculous $ for their IAC..went with a..
54927[/ATTACH]"]

Hopefully my cold start issues are gone now...will see...
Took me about 1.5 hours to install the new updated PCV system Link:http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/upgrade-your-pcv-system-tsb-25-001-08-a-59416/#post677430
SO that's all good now...
Bad news is.. I still have misfires/slight engine shake, just slightly above idle appearing on Snap On Scanner! 1-2 counts, random cyl 1,2 5 etc. eek!
No misfires at dead idle park, or drive, or other rpm range it appear.
Carb cleaner used around intake no drop rpm, no codes, no clues other than a solid guess of injectors/dirty valves..
So now that the new PCV system installed, I am going to try to find a local shop with the Professional induction, hook up to the rail cleaning.
Then take it for a long highway drive 300 miles plus, and see if that changes anything.
Tell me I do not have to remove the intake, to peek at carbon....
then have to install 6 new 4 spray injector etc...etc...

Attachments

• New%20Intake%20Air%20Control.jpg
    New%20Intake%20Air%20Control.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I'm thinking about just driving it until the wheels fall off LOL...
I am starting to wonder if the ECM may be questionable or needs a fresh software update.

I wish I could find someone with the Snap On & low amp attachment, then go into Labscope, to really see what injectors are doing...
TerraClean Fuel Injection Service is $200 here pro induction service. Take Jeep for long hot hwy boogie afterwards see what if anything improves.
Otherwise..it's remove intake peak at backside of valves a bit, and hope it's clean in there. Install new injectors anyways in a Bosh 4 hole spray injector may sure help it along.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered replacement sticky tabs for the Tax Disc since the front windshield is settled in, also bought a set of regular wipers for it.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some donuts in our private parking lot. Fun times. Finally having snow here in Toledo.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flushed the power steering lines, fixed a squeaking break, mounted my new firestick antenna and got my cb mounted in my jeep.

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture5886-installed-my-cb.jpg

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering trying to find mounting points for load resistors on the Fog Lamps, when its cold they start out amber then turn dark orange. Wondering if its the wattage that's causing this

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silicone glued back the orange/red auto shift indicator.
Hopefully that works, wont know till the morning.
#neverendingthingstofixonthejeep

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silicone glued back the orange/red auto shift indicator.
Hopefully that works, wont know till the morning.
#neverendingthingstofixonthejeep

I must say it does seem never ending but the thing's never left me stranded yet (knock's on wood). It's even started with a dead to hell battery before. I was like "How the hell did it just do that?!?"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it, the Low Down 03 .........
did a lot to it as far as making sure maintenance was all up to day when I bought it, fluids, filters, spark plugs
Put over 4000 miles on it since and never even a slight hiccup ( well once had a code but 2 second fix)
Other than that my Jeep repairs are boring as all heck compared to some of you guys :icon_lol:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a mega sheet of work to do. waiting on the new garage doors to go in, so hopefully it's not so balls freezing COLD in there. oh and the space heaters will work better.

reminds me. need to get some bits to either make a plug adapter, or re-do the outlet box so it has different plugs.
going to take the 240v 30A circuit for the welder and split phase across 2 110v outlets, so I can run my twin space heaters on a circuit that's NOT what everything else is on in the garage!

Last edited:

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the shop for an alignment. Only a couple weeks late after installing lift...:icon_lol: