What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some 50/50 premix HOAT coolant. Hmmm, about a half quart low. Don't see any leaks but noticed the top hose junction at the engine side was a bit "moist". Tomorrow I'll get under her and also pull that hose and put the spring clamp back on. Switched to a worm clamp (seemed tight) last time I swapped the hose. Oil level was fine and not a speck of moisture on my oil fill tube cap since doing the TSB PCV change a few weeks ago.

worm clamps are a bad idea to replace the spring clamps used from the factory. yes the spring ones are a pain in the ass, but they're designed to only have so much tension on them. these plastic capped radiators don't take too kindly to accidentally cranking down on a worm clamp. it's very easy to crack the radiator fitting that way.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 6 hours, but that includes the hour drive to get new nuts and bolts since i live in the middle of nowhere and couldnt find my tap and dye to rethread them.

Would definitely do it again... just maybe not in a non insulated barn in the middle of winter without an impact gun

... *****. :D

at least you had walls and a roof.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
about 6 hours, but that includes the hour drive to get new nuts and bolts since i live in the middle of nowhere and couldnt find my tap and dye to rethread them.

Would definitely do it again... just maybe not in a non insulated barn in the middle of winter without an impact gun

Ah come on, impact gun
done over 35 KJ lifts and never used an impact gun on any of them
Its how I keep my perfect body ! :happy175::happy175:
Having heat in an encloed building does help some though
but no heat makes you try and work harder just to stay warm:icon_lol:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah come on, impact gun
done over 35 KJ lifts and never used an impact gun on any of them
Its how I keep my perfect body ! :happy175::happy175:
Having heat in an encloed building does help some though
but no heat makes you try and work harder just to stay warm:icon_lol:

haha i did break a sweat a few times which was conveniently countered by the snowy draft raining from above

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having heat, or at least lack of heat loss, upgrade going on in the garage right now
new 2" thick insulated doors going in. daddy wants a garage that he doesn't freeze his balls off in when working. also should help the house, as the garage is under the first floor.

dying to get in there in a few and finish up the last bits of electrical. apparently I somehow got the GFCI backwards for hot/neutral, but the outlets downstream and protected by it are correct? I'm impressed.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
worm clamps are a bad idea to replace the spring clamps used from the factory. yes the spring ones are a pain in the ass, but they're designed to only have so much tension on them. these plastic capped radiators don't take too kindly to accidentally cranking down on a worm clamp. it's very easy to crack the radiator fitting that way.

You're sort of preaching to the choir. I actually really like the spring clamps. I still use the originals on my 98 Ranger too. I messed one up and had to use a worm style. Then got too lazy to order some new ones. They can be tough to find. I have a couple different tools to get to different angles. This is the one right up top on the TC cover so metal. Checked it again today and it wasn't loose but still seems to be weeping. :shrug:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

member of your choir? :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had a guy message me on Fakebook
Asked me if I was tommudd on all of the Jeep forums:shrug:
Ah yes but why, response was "well I have 5 Jeep wheels that are sitting in my garage that I want rid of real bad, you interested. I hear you deal buy and sell Jeep parts so thought you maybe interested ?"
Not sure what are they? I ask
" They came on a special model of the Wrangler have 5 spokes and 16 inch tires fit on them that's all I know "
Then he sends a picture.............................:icon_twisted:
So as soon as I can pick up some $$$
going to pickup some "Moabs" and help this poor guy out :icon_lol:
Feel so sorry for him tripping over these " useless " wheels that I want to help anyway I can :ROFLJest:

CodeWarrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine stand was delivered from Amazon! Time to put the 3.7L engine from the defunct Jeep on it and start tearing it apart (carefully).

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a guy message me on Fakebook
Asked me if I was tommudd on all of the Jeep forums:shrug:
Ah yes but why, response was "well I have 5 Jeep wheels that are sitting in my garage that I want rid of real bad, you interested. I hear you deal buy and sell Jeep parts so thought you maybe interested ?"
Not sure what are they? I ask
" They came on a special model of the Wrangler have 5 spokes and 16 inch tires fit on them that's all I know "
Then he sends a picture.............................:icon_twisted:
So as soon as I can pick up some $$$
going to pickup some "Moabs" and help this poor guy out :icon_lol:
Feel so sorry for him tripping over these " useless " wheels that I want to help anyway I can :ROFLJest:

I really wish these came in a 16' they would go great with the JP theme I have.

You must be registered for see images attach

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove mine in some very light snow this evening. Ok more like a dusting. The big stuff will be here over the weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to "play".

Saw a real nice Comanche at a signal this morning. Must have been about a '90. I think I saw just about one of every Jeep model made in the past 30 years on my ride to work.

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New clutch on the ac compressor and replaced the rear wiper blade.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched the snow build up on it...

(yep, it's still snowing)

Last edited by a moderator: