What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great!!
At least not waiting till the tires start to wear off the edges before going in

Handles much better now!! Doesn't violently pull side to side over bumps and in 4x4 anymore. Couldn't get caster in but I guess thats normal for lifted KJ with stock uca's and won't effect tire wear. Also .1 off on pass side camber. Here is the spec sheet.
You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Made an appointment for next week to get the A/C fixed, something I did not expect to be doing in the middle of January... :blah:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Took the Jeep on a "Cool" 350 Mile, Mountain injector Blow Out today!
Had to plow through some thick stuff, and snow got packed everywhere! :gr_grin:
54944[/ATTACH]"]

I am sure you have heard of death wobble...
How about my first experience at hwy speed with "Snow Wobble" !!! :icon_lol: Steering wheel was shaking bad! :emotions34:
54946[/ATTACH]"]

So overall it was a great day & I finally got to meet my remote wintering friends again..I think they liked the Jeep! :gr_grin:
54948[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Jeep%20Cool%20Trip2.jpg
    Jeep%20Cool%20Trip2.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Snow%20Woblble.jpg
    Snow%20Woblble.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • KJ%20Admiration.jpg
    KJ%20Admiration.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 0

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled out the IAC and cleaned it.
Don't think it's been cleaned since the wife bought the jeep back in 2003.

Man.... it really needed a shower. Wished my hands weren't super dirty to take a quick picture. Before it was all black with crub, after cleaning, I could see the metal cone plunger.
Cleaned the TB as well.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the Jeep on a "Cool" 350 Mile, Mountain injector Blow Out today!
Had to plow through some thick stuff, and snow got packed everywhere! :gr_grin:
[ATTACH=full]54963[/ATTACH]
I am sure you have heard of death wobble...
How about my first experience at hwy speed with "Snow Wobble" !!! :icon_lol: Steering wheel was shaking bad! :emotions34:
[ATTACH=full]54964[/ATTACH]
So overall it was a great day & I finally got to meet my remote wintering friends again..I think they liked the Jeep! :gr_grin:
[ATTACH=full]54965[/ATTACH]
That shake is the same as the playing in mud shake! I know it well.

S3bird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the rear hatch struts as soon as they came in today (the wife smacked her head on the glass last week). That was an easy 5 minute job

CodeWarrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the passenger side Upper Control Arm and sprayed it liberally with silicone lube, then put them back in. Quieted the most obnoxious squeaking and squawking I have ever heard.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed/installing lift and dealing with the endless amount of cross threaded nuts courtesy of the stealership :favorites68:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added some 50/50 premix HOAT coolant. Hmmm, about a half quart low. Don't see any leaks but noticed the top hose junction at the engine side was a bit "moist". Tomorrow I'll get under her and also pull that hose and put the spring clamp back on. Switched to a worm clamp (seemed tight) last time I swapped the hose. Oil level was fine and not a speck of moisture on my oil fill tube cap since doing the TSB PCV change a few weeks ago.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to church, it ran good, so came home and watched various Camel Trophy shows on Youtube. Too cold outside , garage is 45 so the heck with working on any of them !

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally installed ironman lift. about 21.75 in both front and rear, will have to take real measurements after alignment and on level ground. Did it by myself with no prior experience .... learned a lot to say the least haha:party52:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some 50/50 premix HOAT coolant. Hmmm, about a half quart low. Don't see any leaks but noticed the top hose junction at the engine side was a bit "moist". Tomorrow I'll get under her and also pull that hose and put the spring clamp back on. Switched to a worm clamp (seemed tight) last time I swapped the hose. Oil level was fine and not a speck of moisture on my oil fill tube cap since doing the TSB PCV change a few weeks ago.

could use a black light to see where the leak is.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
could use a black light to see where the leak is.

Some day I'll get one of those. Checked it over very thoroughly despite our sudden winter weather. Couldn't find anything significant so I'm not that worried about an external leak. More concerned my head gasket job from a while back (15k on them) is not holding. Oil okay and running very well so I'll just keep an eye on it. :shrug:

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove the snot out of her. She ran like a champ, up & down the hills and around the cars that couldnt go anywhere. Near 0 visibility, snowing like no tomorrow, wind blowing. Typical Central NY winter weather. Get to do it again tomorrow.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday, changed the oil & filter and PCV valve.

Today, drove it in the cold (16°) and was really glad I changed the oil when it was warm (51°) out.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
drove the snot out of her. She ran like a champ, up & down the hills and around the cars that couldnt go anywhere. Near 0 visibility, snowing like no tomorrow, wind blowing. Typical Central NY winter weather. Get to do it again tomorrow.

:gr_grin: Photos Please !!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
finally installed ironman lift. about 21.75 in both front and rear, will have to take real measurements after alignment and on level ground. Did it by myself with no prior experience .... learned a lot to say the least haha:party52:

How long did it take you? If you had it to do all over, would you do it again?

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you? If you had it to do all over, would you do it again?

about 6 hours, but that includes the hour drive to get new nuts and bolts since i live in the middle of nowhere and couldnt find my tap and dye to rethread them.

Would definitely do it again... just maybe not in a non insulated barn in the middle of winter without an impact gun