Tire size with 2.5 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abby922

Reaction score
what is the biggest size tire with a 2.5 lift on a 2 wheel drive jeep liberty sport 3.7.
i wont be doing any off roading with it.

thanks in advance for the advice

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will depend on the type of lift
and the back spacing on wheels

I ,as well as many many others, have fit 245/75's
on stock wheels with nothing more than OME
coils and shocks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What J stated
if using a spacer style lift you may only be getting an inch over stock height
some advertise 2.5 inches of lift but deliver only 1.5
so type of lift first
then 15X8 wheels ?? Try and stay with 7 inch wide 4 inches of backspacing if going aftermarket, will fit better and less issues
so more info please

Abby922

Reaction score
Im looking to get the skyjacker 2.5" platinum Coil over lift i really want to get 32" tires but i dont know if that would work again this is not for off roading and i was going to get 1" wheel spacers

ACWeller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get the skyjacker 2.5" platinum Coil over lift i really want to get 32" tires but i dont know if that would work again this is not for off roading and i was going to get 1" wheel spacers

Look at a different lift. Iron man or OME will be the best bet. Even still you'll probably only net 2inches.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

No to Skyjacker
spring rates are same as stock and will sag in no time
Plus never get 32s on with it
then of course with 32s you'll want to regear
DOESN"T matter if you are going off road or not, on the street you want a good ride and handling plus be able to go over speed bumps etc

OME lift or Ironman like mentioned above
245-75s

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my $.02...I'm running the OME lift with 926 springs up front (medium duty), a three nut clevis spacer, and have 265/75R16's on the factory 16x7 wheels.

I also have the Terra-Flex bumpstops up front, with dual hockey pucks in the back.

Have just a touch of rubbing on the swaybar and the pinch weld plastic (still haven't trimmed it yet)...but other than that it fits and rides fine.

As Tom suggested, you may desire to regear if going to 265's, as it does make a difference in everyday driving. I would agree with his and others suggestions that if you drive it daily, you might not like running 265's with the factory 3.73 gearing. I find it a tad sluggish than stock, but don't have a problem with it. I even tow a light lawn trailer and mower with it. However, if I was doing some serious towing, or did any serious rock crawling, I'd probably spend the money to swap to 4.10s. Just a heads up.

Abby922

Reaction score
After reading all of the reviews i have decided to go with the OME lift! I would still love to be able to get 265/75R16 tires and im looking at just going ahead and getting the 4.10 gears to save me trouble ahead of time! Thanks everyone for all the help

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After reading all of the reviews i have decided to go with the OME lift! I would still love to be able to get 265/75R16 tires and im looking at just going ahead and getting the 4.10 gears to save me trouble ahead of time! Thanks everyone for all the help
If going OME there are some additions to add to get extra height if you are planning on running 32s
First go with the 927/948 combo of springs, get JBA UCAs ( will help greatly with alignment issues) add a 1/4 inch top plate from JBA, 3/8 inch clevis all on the front, then rear add two extra upper isolators
teraflax front bumpstops in front , not sure what year you have but if 05 and later , you'll need a brake line extension for the rear
this will give you about 3.25-3.50 inches of lift after it settles in
You have it made since you can go with 4.10s or even 4.56s since you're only 2 wheel drive

Abby922

Reaction score
One more question for the OME lift, is the biggest lift they carry for a 05 jeep liberty sport a 1.5" lift? Thats the only one i can find i was looking for somthing over 2"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One more question for the OME lift, is the biggest lift they carry for a 05 jeep liberty sport a 1.5" lift? Thats the only one i can find i was looking for somthing over 2"
The 1.5 inch advertised is for insurance purposes don't pay any attention to that
plus what I listed out above for you gets you 3.5 inches of lift easy enough
thats using the 1.5 inch advertd springs

Abby922

Reaction score
Where can i find a rear line brake extension and my jeep liberty sport is an 05 but i cant find one online anywhere

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where can i find a rear line brake extension and my jeep liberty sport is an 05 but i cant find one online anywhere

1 inch wide piece of metal approx. 5 inches long, bend on either end 90 degrees back one inch, drill hole in either end bolt in between old brake line bracket and frame

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You'd have to choose the Heavy Load version to get the 927/948 combo. What you WON'T get are the long rear shocks - which you'll need if you plan on adding a rear iso or two. Quadratec doesn't give you the long shock option.

Here's the full OME kit you want if you're adding rear iso's to get to the 3.23-3.5" lift height. Marlin at JBA will treat you right and dozens of us have experience with just this kit.

Trust us - the $15 price difference is well worth it to get the lift kit you'll be happy with for a long, long time.

Bob