Them's The Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Always interesting to me how we get different results with the same manufacturers...

I put in all NAPA parts about 30K miles ago - four calipers, four rotors and four sets of pads. There's not a single pulse in the brake pedal and it stops just as well as the day I put them on.

Yet others have had poor results with NAPA. Bad quality control? Different driving styles? Different terrain (hilly vs. flat)? Dunno... :shrug:

Bob

I always have good parts from NAPA, no reason to go elsewhere

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
See another thing to think about is people who drive manual can downshift and don't brake nearly as much.

:icon_lol:True,...... to a point
But I used to see more brakes burnt up on manuals than automatics

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I break in my new pads and rotors and don't have a problem with pulsating brakes. Does anyone else break in their new brakes? Op may want opinions on this as I think it effects brake performance and longevity. I could be wrong though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I break in my new pads and rotors and don't have a problem with pulsating brakes. Does anyone else break in their new brakes? Op may want opinions on this as I think it effects brake performance and longevity. I could be wrong though.

Very few know how to really brake in new pads, so not many do it, nor do those places that do brakes inform the customers good enough that they will do it. Of course the techs don't have enough time to properly seat them in so .....oh yeah short answer is No they don't