Tell me what ya think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
got my brush guard today and it only took 2 hours to install it with the help of my dad. so tell me what ya think....i got a 03 liberty freedom edition. I got a b4 and after pic.

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
i found the problem and it will be fixed this saturday if it aint raining and it was a vac leak

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
ya well when i found the hose today it looks like it has dry rotted

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. But of course, my opinion is probably a little biased on the Westin brush guard. Mine is Line-X'd like just about everything else on the KJ.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
you line-x it b4 you put it on? it looks good might have to do mine now. and what kind of hood you got?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are those if you don't mind me asking. I like those better than the molded mopar one I have on right now. AND that westin looks like you could push with it.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you line-x it b4 you put it on? it looks good might have to do mine now. and what kind of hood you got?

They took it off to Line-X it. They had to take it off to do the bumper anyway. The hood is from Profinish-Proglass. Terry sold the mold to Suncoast a while back, but I think it's available through them.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
How much are those if you don't mind me asking. I like those better than the molded mopar one I have on right now. AND that westin looks like you could push with it.
I keep looking and looking and really didnt want to spend a whole lot of money so one day i checked ebay and a dude had it listed i think i payed a total of 165 for it.but ya its a push guard to.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
got my brush guard today and it only took 2 hours to install it with the help of my dad. so tell me what ya think....i got a 03 liberty freedom edition. I got a b4 and after pic.

Looks good!
I'm thinking of adding the same one...
The interestig thing?
The Dee Zee catagogue I have, on the cover it shows a KJ with their brush guard, and it looks identical to the Westin!
So that narrows it down to two models I like.
The Westin or the Aries.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
i went with westin bc of its name and i dont know all about acc. and thats one i do know so i bought it.but i like it. i think it looks tuffer.now i just got to hook up my kc lights anybody got any ideas?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with westin bc of its name and i dont know all about acc. and thats one i do know so i bought it.but i like it. i think it looks tuffer.now i just got to hook up my kc lights anybody got any ideas?

I wired my bumper mounted fogs to come on with my parking lights. So whenever I turned my lights on they came on as well. When I remount them on whatever brush guard I end up with ill prolly incorporate a switch with that too so i can manually shut them off as well. Kind of an inconvenience the original way i had it wired when you want your dash lights on but no outside lights.

and nice! guess im gonna wait for the right deal then