Tell me what ya think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
i'm thinking of running it to the battery with an inline fuse and a switch inside but idk where i want to mount the switch.and i also want to hook my cb and amp up but i dont have a roof rack or basket i guess is what they are called on here.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch on the left turns my PIAA's on and off.

You must be registered for see images

Here's a better quaility picture with different switches in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking of running it to the battery with an inline fuse and a switch inside but idk where i want to mount the switch.and i also want to hook my cb and amp up but i dont have a roof rack or basket i guess is what they are called on here.

I would throw a relay in there for safety. I have a relay for my roof light bar and one for my bumper fogs. But then again I once almost burnt my jeep down wiring it wrong. So I like to make everything safe these days. And as for the cb. I drilled a mount into my mopar crossrails. and Amp as in for like subs? or something else?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I would throw a relay in there for safety. I have a relay for my roof light bar and one for my bumper fogs. But then again I once almost burnt my jeep down wiring it wrong. So I like to make everything safe these days. And as for the cb. I drilled a mount into my mopar crossrails. and Amp as in for like subs? or something else?
ya amp as in cb amp. well is it in your view when your driving

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
The switch on the left turns my PIAA's on and off.

You must be registered for see images

i thought about putting the switch in that thang that you can pop off and on to the left of the steering wheel.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about putting the switch in that thang that you can pop off and on to the left of the steering wheel.

That's where the switch for the factory light bar goes. I have one of them sitting in my garage. I just haven't had the time to install it.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
That's where the switch for the factory light bar goes. I have one of them sitting in my garage. I just haven't had the time to install it.
i would like to do a factory light bar but to much money and idk how to run one and dont think i could drill holes in my roof.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to do a factory light bar but to much money and idk how to run one and dont think i could drill holes in my roof.

I'm not really into drilling the holes either. I'm thinking about just taking it over to a place that does sunroofs and having them do that part of the install for me, or the whole thing. I've had it sitting around for a year.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not really into drilling the holes either. I'm thinking about just taking it over to a place that does sunroofs and having them do that part of the install for me, or the whole thing. I've had it sitting around for a year.
i may just make my own light bar i just dont want to go to big bc i park in a carport with a 7f opening.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are you going to run the wire in the cab?

wires arent run the best way. i currently have them ran right around the pinch weld in the door frame and the door seal over them with a bunch of RTV to seal it. but there is a hole in the firewall down by the pedals that you could prolly fit an amp power wire and a couple 16s for the rest

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
wires arent run the best way. i currently have them ran right around the pinch weld in the door frame and the door seal over them with a bunch of RTV to seal it. but there is a hole in the firewall down by the pedals that you could prolly fit an amp power wire and a couple 16s for the rest
i thought about running it throw the steering link hole.?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about running it throw the steering link hole.?

some have done that as well. i was a little hesitant because i didnt want a wire getting pinched or anything. shorting my electros out. the hole in the fire wall isnt far from the steering boot. Its got a little cover on it you have to punch it out. it was for the clutch cable on the manuals.. LMK if you want me to find the link with pics of that and stuff. if not Im not gonna go digging.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
some have done that as well. i was a little hesitant because i didnt want a wire getting pinched or anything. shorting my electros out. the hole in the fire wall isnt far from the steering boot. Its got a little cover on it you have to punch it out. it was for the clutch cable on the manuals.. LMK if you want me to find the link with pics of that and stuff. if not Im not gonna go digging.

naw dont worry about the pic.but im worried about the steering boot like you said but the reason why was bc it was right there where the switch will be.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw dont worry about the pic.but im worried about the steering boot like you said but the reason why was bc it was right there where the switch will be.

yeah i've seen a pic of what it looked like going through that boot and it just didn't look right to cut that. idk i've drilled a lot of holes and all but cutting that boot and running wires through a mechanically moving area wasn't what I wanted to do. I would say find the whole in the firewall. and go through there. I would run mine through there but it would be a good hours work re running all of my wires. just don't have the time right now.