Toe Alignment Keeps Going Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRMN4JC

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an 03 jeep liberty limited 3.7. I have had my jeep aligned 3 times in the past 2 weeks. The toe side of the alignment keeps going out almost immediately after having the alignment completed what can be causing this issue? I've replaced the lower ball joints, lower control arms, struts, sway bar bushings, sway bar connector links. I'm going to replace my tie rod ends today and see if that will help when I take It back to firestone tomorrow. They say my tie rod ends are good so I dont know what the issue is then. Thank you all.

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an 03 jeep liberty limited 3.7. I have had my jeep aligned 3 times in the past 2 weeks. The toe side of the alignment keeps going out almost immediately after having the alignment completed what can be causing this issue? I've replaced the lower ball joints, lower control arms, struts, sway bar bushings, sway bar connector links. I'm going to replace my tie rod ends today and see if that will help when I take It back to firestone tomorrow. They say my tie rod ends are good so I dont know what the issue is then. Thank you all.
I had the same issue and fought it like you did. I finally replaced the steering rack which solved the problem. I kinda wish I had pulled the old steering rack apart to figure out what the issue was but it went in the scrap dumpster before that occurred to me. I assume it was jumping a tooth on the steering rack somehow. Whatever the problem was it happened on a gnarly 4wd trail.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you changing both inner tie rods, too?

DRMN4JC

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Yeah I'm getting ready to finally replace them today. I also have new lower control arms for the rear.