Pics of 925/947 Setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matto

Reaction score
I know this isn't a popular setup, as it's not too different from stock, but does anyone have any pics of this?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't a popular setup, as it's not too different from stock, but does anyone have any pics of this?

It's gonna look pretty close to a 926/948 setup. There won't be much difference in ride height between the two spring sets - the difference is the ride. Check out HoosierJeeper's album and profile. He runs the 926/948 springs from OME.

I know you're trying to keep your Jeep at close to stock height but ALL the springs from OME or Ironman are going to lift your Liberty. Trust me - going to the 926/948 setup will result in a vastly improved ride that won't be 'hard' or a kidney shaker. Your Jeep will feel much more stable and solid without being too firm. Those 925's are going to be too soft and spongy. The price is the same so...

Bob

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is one way to do it, did it on a few to show people how there lift would look. 3 ton jack under the transmission cross member raise up till front is at 19 inches from middle of wheel to bottom of the flare. Now, ( with the springs you are using) raise another 1.75 or so inches, now step back and look at how it would be

Matto

Reaction score
Thanks guys. From what I've read, I was under the impression the 925/947 would provide a much better ride than stock with a 1" lift at the most.

I found this pic of another member's 02 pre-lowered Jeep with the fenders at about 19.5-19.75". Wouldn't I be close to this after the lift, if not a hair higher?

jeep2.jpg Photo by whalerchris | Photobucket

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. From what I've read, I was under the impression the 925/947 would provide a much better ride than stock with a 1" lift at the most.

I found this pic of another member's 02 pre-lowered Jeep with the fenders at about 19.5-19.75". Wouldn't I be close to this after the lift, if not a hair higher?

jeep2.jpg Photo by whalerchris | Photobucket

Yes they would provide a better ride but 926 would I think be better overall
as far as only .75 inches of lift, it would be more than that
A 02 Prelowered ( built before April 12,2002) would of been that height new (19.75 or so)

Last edited:

Matto

Reaction score
Yes, but given I only want a 1" lift max, I'm thinking 925/947 will be a better option than 926/948. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but given I only want a 1" lift max, I'm thinking 925/947 will be a better option than 926/948. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Remember, the lift amount is over stock height - not 1 inch over your current setup. With either OME springs you're going to be AT LEAST 2.5 inches over your Jeep's current stance. In my opinion the 926 springs will maintain the height longer and be more stable and will work better with the 948's.

Let us know what you end up doing :waytogo:

Bob

Matto

Reaction score
Yes, in other words, a 20" fender height (1" over stock) would be acceptable for me but nothing more than this.

Everything I previously read here led me to believe that this would be the most I'd get from a 925/947 setup.

If the 926/948 is any higher than 925/947, I wouldn't want it.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but don't the 925/926/927's all give the same amount of lift?? I know the spring rate's are all different, but I've never heard that there is any difference in the 3

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but don't the 925/926/927's all give the same amount of lift?? I know the spring rate's are all different, but I've never heard that there is any difference in the 3

There is some difference in how much each one gives you

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
925/926/927 are weaksauce. go for the 790s and be a real man! :D

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine with 926/947 combo(red), (plus 3/8 top plate and 3/8 clevis front,2 extra iso each side rear).
This sat at about 22 when new.I ran this for about 1.5 years
The other (silver) is stock and sagged to 18.
If you go no iso's in the rear and either the top plate or 3/8 clevis you should settle in at about 21 all around.
I have since upgraded to 927/948,because I added under armour and an ARB bumper.

Gyro

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    DSCF0092.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0091.jpg
    DSCF0091.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 67

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quit being racist and give the silver some love! :D

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Renny(silver) now has new springs and shocks(stock height),new battery,pads/rotors,2 calipers,alignment,plugs,pcv valve,air cleaner,the list goes on.
If I showed her much more love she'd be pregnant.:happy175::eek:
My Dakota is silver also.
Racist I think not.:gr_grin:

Gyro

Matto

Reaction score
This is a really good thread I've read through a few times which may be convincing enough to pull the trigger on 925/947s:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/upgrading-stock-suspension-w-no-lift-53492/

Some really helpful responses/explanations from Cardhu & tjkj2002 on the first couple pages.

Seems like the OP was looking for exactly the same thing as me (even though he ultimately did not go with the OMEs.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the OME 926/947 (I think that's the number? Medium duty in rear too) combo...had it for about 50k. Little bit of clevis on the front, otherwise no add ons. I really like it. I went with the med duties for better flex, esp in the front since I don't have any winch or steel bumper. It flexes really nice.
Normal stance...washed it today.
You must be registered for see images attach

Me vs stock (pic taken a week ago)

With other lifted KJs at ECS in October.

It has maintained height well...last alignment was 3 years ago after I did the clevis lift and JBA a arms, went into the dealer in the fall for an alignment and they said it didn't need one. Always wears the tires evenly.
Hope this helps, let me know if there are any questions!

Last edited:

Matto

Reaction score
Hi Hoosier,

Looks great - nice Jeep, thanks for posting those. I did notice that you have 245/70/17 tires, no? They look great with the 926 springs you have, but they're a little bigger/taller than the 245/70/16's I plan on getting with my lift. I'm taking that into consideration with how it would look.

Since the 245/70/16's look good even on a stock KJ but fit a little tight, I'm thinking a 925/947 lift would be perfect.

I notice guys like yourself with the 926/947 setup. If I go with 925/947, will the front & rear be level? I don't plan on adding anything extra for more lift.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's mine when it had the stock size tires on it with the lift:

Didn't look bad, the 245/70/16s would look better yet. I personally really like the 926 setup. It's been great, I wouldn't want any softer of a spring or firmer.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I go with 925/947, will the front & rear be level? I don't plan on adding anything extra for more lift.
That will give you a slight rake, probably a good 1/2" to 3/4" higher in the rear. Most add on a clevis spacer, or a top plate spacer up front to even it out, nothing you can do about lowering the rear. 925's with 1/4" spacer up front would probably give you a nice even stance. I'm running 927's, but I added 1/2" worth of spacers both front and rear and I'm 1/2" higher in the rear. I imagine it's the same, if not more for the 925's.

Not the best pic because of the shadow, but here's my kj after my lift, but before the new tires. It's sitting at about 22.5" in the rear (ironman springs, 1 extra upper iso), 20.5" in the front (yes, only 20.5") and riding on really worn 235/70r16's. The rear, in my opinion, looks goofy with such a small tire. The front looks ok, but this is with only about an inch of lift (I had some soft springs up front that I quickly swapped out for 927's). If you went with 925's only, no clevis or spacer plate, you should be about the same in front, maybe 1/2" higher.

Last edited:

Matto

Reaction score
Hmmm ok, thanks Tucker. So would it be safe to say that a 926/947 lift would be even front & rear? Or at least more level than a 925/947 setup?

I like seeing pics with no extra rings/spacers/isos for additional lift. This gives me the best idea of what each setup would look like.

Really appreciate all the input so far.