Pics of 925/947 Setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it would be pretty close to level with the 926. The pic I posted with the stock tires is when the lift was new...150 miles on it, no extras.
Here's a few more, same setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think no matter what combo you go with you'll retain the factory rake, which is typically an inch or so higher in the rear.

I'd just go with the combo you suggested, with a 1/4" spacer up front and you'll be pretty close to level.

Matto

Reaction score
Thanks Hoosier. Yours looks very good with that setup, I have to say. Just looks clean. Now I'm thinking about 926/947 with 235/75/16s (slightly taller than 245/70/16).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! I really love it, it's been great to me.
That tire size 235/75/16 isn't as common here...I think some have run it. Seems like it'd be a good fit. There's even been a few brave souls running 245/75/16s stock, not that I'd do that lol.

Matto

Reaction score
Yeah 245/75/16 stock seems like a guaranteed rub. Hell, I've read of this size still rubbing on lifted KJs. Also, I don't want to need re-gearing.

My reasoning for 235/75/16 is just the fact that it's slightly taller than the 245/70/16 so may look a little better with a 926/947 setup. Still an upgrade in width to the 225/75/16s I have on there now.

Last edited:

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 245/75/16 stock seems like a guaranteed rub. Hell, I've read of this size still rubbing on lifted KJs. Also, I don't want to need re-gearing.

My reasoning for 235/75/16 is just the fact that it's slightly taller than the 245/70/16 so may look a little better with a 926/947 setup. Still an upgrade in width to the 225/75/16s I have on there now.

There are also 265/70r16 which is wide like a 32 but the height of a 31. These work good If you want to run 8 inch wide wheels but they would fit on 7 inch wide rims as well. I'm just not sure if they'd fit with this lift. I'm sure someone on here will chime in on this :happy175:

Matto

Reaction score
Yeah 265s are a little wide for the KJ in my opinion...at least for the look I'm going for.

Found this pic on lostjeeps (posted by DarbyWalters - back in '08). 235/75/16s with OME lift. I just wish I knew exactly which OME lift it was). Very close to, if not exactly what I'm looking for.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah 265s are a little wide for the KJ in my opinion...at least for the look I'm going for.

Found this pic on lostjeeps (posted by DarbyWalters - back in '08). 235/75/16s with OME lift. I just wish I knew exactly which OME lift it was). Very close to, if not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thats a CRD, so different springs would of been used than what you want to

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably just going off the memory of that guy...he was one of those CRD freaks. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Educate me here, but how can you tell? :)

Darby is one of the original founders of LOSTKJs which later became LOSTJEEPs
He had a well equipped KJ before this one. Have known him since I got on the forums in 04.
Do you think there are any I don't recognize on any of the forums :shrug::icon_lol:

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add something to this topic. Would you still be able to run cragars with the 925/947 setup? I was just thinking about this and thought I'd ask. Personally if you think about it, you're paying the same price for both the regular and HD setups so why not just go HD?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to add something to this topic. Would you still be able to run cragars with the 925/947 setup? I was just thinking about this and thought I'd ask. Personally if you think about it, you're paying the same price for both the regular and HD setups so why not just go HD?

You should be able to depending on backspacing/ width etc also what tires you'd be using