Ohio folks..Could Use A Little Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theholybull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a buffalo farm just outside of savanna ohio, if you go to the resturaunt in bailey lakes you can get a damn good buffalo burger. Im gonna have to try that chili recipe, sounds damn good, i just might to have some peppers.

cincyphotoguy

Reaction score
Chili

As a life long Cincinnatian, take it from an expert! Skyline makes a better 3-way, 4-way, or 5-way. Goldstar makes better coneys. Empress is still the best. Camp Washington is also good. Many people don't realize that Cincy has a big Greek population. Cincinnati Chili was derived from greek recipes like Pastitsio or Mousaka..it is the herbed meat sauce from those. Don't judge Skyline by that canned crap! You have to eat it in the parlor or at least carry out to taste it's full potential. For Cincinnati tastes, Chili (skyline, or goldstar depending on how you are eating it), Graeters Ice Cream, (I saw someone say Husmans BBQ chips, Grippo's are far better. I am the king of the cast iron stomach...even at 45....had skyline last night...and white castle last weekend......bring it on!!!

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think Goldstar is the best. Don't forget to add some Ghetta in there... that's be the stuff. Fry it up then lather with some eggs and cheese.... Man the German is sure comin out of me tonight! :D

L

lil black liberty

I still think Goldstar is the best. Don't forget to add some Ghetta in there... that's be the stuff. Fry it up then lather with some eggs and cheese.... Man the German is sure comin out of me tonight! :D

Please don't mention Ghetta.....Last time I had a Cinci person fix me that I barfed everywhere....I think I'll stick to my regular old Okie Sausage..:D

cincyphotoguy

Reaction score
Goetta, YUMMMMM....need to go to the Anchor Grill to get some! In the old days I would have said Little Kings or Christian Moerlein...How about some hot slaw too? A few burgers at MLT? Alot of people like Montgomery Inn ribs too....but I prefer Walt's BBQ!

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
So funny reading this! When I was stationed at Lajes AB, Portugal a Captain of mine was from Mason, Ohio and I am from Dayton, Ohio. When his family sent him a care package, she sent cans upon cans of chili and Husmans BBQ chips. MMMMMMMMMMM GOOD! nana.gif nana.gif

Sorry, I am a Grippo's man.

I was at the original Montgomery Inn 8 days ago for din-din. Take a girl to the Boat House location to impress her, though.

Skyline is good fresh. Goldstar, too. And I think it is the cinnamon that makes it kick.

Up in Dayton, we have the unusual pizza with a thin crust cut into small squares like Marion's or Cassano's. And Mike-Sells Potato Chips. We do Greaters and Esther Price pretty well, too, though. City BBQ started in C-bus, but we have a couple in Dayton. Pretty darn good, and I have had BBQ in at least 15 states.

www.marionspizza.com www.cassanos.com www.citybbq.com

www.montgomeryinn.com

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant believe a Thread in a JEEP forum, about CHILLI, has this many replies lol, thats hillarious 6 pages about chilli, must be some damn good chilli "CHilli so good it will make ya slap ya momma" stuff hahahahaha

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude you need to check your Jeep, me thinks something is causing fumes to come into the passenger compartment, your dillusional =)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has
well no thats not good, it has...................no don't like that either

mmmmmmmPittsburgh has one of my Ex wives about the only thing there that is good or was she one of the bad ones:eek: