Ohio folks..Could Use A Little Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Goldstar rocks over Skyline...IMO. It's a love/hate relationship.... you either love it or hate it!!!!
If TBJ doesn't come through, let me know I can help ya. They make it in the can, not as good as the restaurant, but maybe help ya get your fix.
Nothing like a dog on a steamed bun, covered in Goldstar with tons of shredded cheddar... man I'm gettin hungry!!!!
Oh, Rev is too far north for the Cinci chili :D
Boiler, Cinci style chili actually has cocoa powder as it's secret ingredient.
Here's a copycat recipe I found that maybe pretty close....

Here is the recipe.

* 2lbs ground beef (I used 1lb ground venison and 1lb ground chuck)
* 2 med. onions (you need 2 cups)
* 4 c beef stock
* 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
* 2-3 T chili powder
* 2 T apple cider vinegar
* 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
* 2 3/4 T unsweetened cocoa
* 2 tsp instant minced garlic
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 salt
* 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp allspice
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 T dark brown sugar

Not too far North, have had my share of it over the years

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
YES YOU ARE. IT'S FRIGGIN DELICIOUS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Jeez, Tony. Such an ungrateful guest and you're not even here yet (rotflmao)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chocolate in chile. That must sweeten it up a little. I love chile so I might try that recipe. Now I feel like having some chile.

Just take Tony to White Castle and stuff a half dozen of those little greasy sliders down and anything will taste good after that.......haha .....j/k .....do not go to White Castle.

Dave

L

lil black liberty

Tony+White Castle=spending his entire vacation in the pooper

Wow I must have a cast iron stomach then...cuz I loved White Castle but hey.. Im from Oklahoma we eat Rattlesnake, Squirrel, Deer, Rabbit, Dove, Quail, and sometimes even Buffalo... So I've got that Cast Iron Stomach :D

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol when i was in S/D i went in a store and they had Buffalo jerky...i paid a good bit for it but damn it was good!

L

lil black liberty

If ya'll southern and northern folks come down to Okiehoma...I'll take you for the best damn buffalo burger you've ever had in your life..

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol they had Buffalo steak that was like 40 bucks for like a 10oz but lol i might be going out there for work if we dont get the Fl job. so if im around where ever your at ill hit ya up.

L

lil black liberty

Okay man sounds good...cuz believe me buffalo burgers are the bomb...$5.99 for a huge burger and amazing alot of fries...

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
that really cheap and i bet a Buffalo burger is good...making me hungry for one..lol

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
i also ate at a place called Weskey Creek..they where good too

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ya'll southern and northern folks come down to Okiehoma...I'll take you for the best damn buffalo burger you've ever had in your life..

I am sure you can get Buffalo (American Bison) everywhere. They have it here in the stores. They serve it in the restaurants. There is even a Buffalo Ranch up the street where they raise them here where you can get Buffalo jerky in addition to meat. Buffalo is the original American red meat.

You Ohio guys need to take Tony to a decent restaurant and get Buffalo Burgers. They are good and a true American eating experience.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats already all in the plans way behind the times

Plus my local butcher shop has local grown Buffalo burger

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So funny reading this! When I was stationed at Lajes AB, Portugal a Captain of mine was from Mason, Ohio and I am from Dayton, Ohio. When his family sent him a care package, she sent cans upon cans of chili and Husmans BBQ chips. MMMMMMMMMMM GOOD! nana.gif nana.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.