Ohio folks..Could Use A Little Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

Hey.. When I was 16 I went to Cincinnati to meet/see my girlfriend I stayed with her for 2 weeks came back home and went on and off again to Cinci for almost 1 and 1/2 years... Now when I was there I got addicted to Goldstar chili. Do they still make the Goldstar chili that comes in the can?? If so is there away I could have someone from that area buy me some (NEW) and I'll send you the money paypal for reimbursement and shipping?

L

lil black liberty

Man...you have no idea...if you haven't ever eaten it..

L

lil black liberty

Sad part is this is not a joke topic either..I really will pay for some Goldstar Chili

L

lil black liberty

Nope...and I'm glad you guys are gettin laughs out of this...Maybe the Rev will send me some

L

lil black liberty

I wonder if they just started that program because I was on there about 1 month ago and that wasn't there.. Thanks for the link though.. I appreciate it, really!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol good ya found a site to order from...and is it really that good?

L

lil black liberty

lol good ya found a site to order from...and is it really that good?

Lets put it this way...Would Goldstar Chili be number one if their chili didn't own?? Well maybe because Skyline Chili *****! :D:D

Boiler

Reaction score
Lets put it this way...Would Goldstar Chili be number one if their chili didn't own?? Well maybe because Skyline Chili *****! :D:D

Skyline is quite nasty...is that anything like Goldstar? I normally get armour for making chili dogs and it disappeared about 2 months ago from the shelves. I tried a can of skyline and O-M-G did it suck...think chili + ketchup + tomato juice...

L

lil black liberty

Sent it man... also yes Skyline ***** bad....I tried it when I was in Cinci and I puked...that crap needs to be fed to the cats.... I personally think as my niece once said, it's like putting a Krabby Patties (Goldstar) up against Plankton's Chum (Skyline)... Shes 4 and already figured out what tastes good...

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goldstar rocks over Skyline...IMO. It's a love/hate relationship.... you either love it or hate it!!!!
If TBJ doesn't come through, let me know I can help ya. They make it in the can, not as good as the restaurant, but maybe help ya get your fix.
Nothing like a dog on a steamed bun, covered in Goldstar with tons of shredded cheddar... man I'm gettin hungry!!!!
Oh, Rev is too far north for the Cinci chili :D
Boiler, Cinci style chili actually has cocoa powder as it's secret ingredient.
Here's a copycat recipe I found that maybe pretty close....

Here is the recipe.

* 2lbs ground beef (I used 1lb ground venison and 1lb ground chuck)
* 2 med. onions (you need 2 cups)
* 4 c beef stock
* 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
* 2-3 T chili powder
* 2 T apple cider vinegar
* 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
* 2 3/4 T unsweetened cocoa
* 2 tsp instant minced garlic
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 salt
* 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper