lockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
first, the point he was at most KJ's would not even get there and if they did they would be locked ,a ZJ on 31's with 3" of lift could not even get to that point
where he was hung up ,for the 10 seconds, was in a spot that would put a lifted KJ off the ground ,less 1 that is SFA, due to lack of break over angle

last thing I will say is this talk is cheep
I have the trail scars to prove where my rig has been
and at any point that I am going wheelin you are welcome to try to follow
as the places I go are public ,for the most part
just remember this
when I tell you WE are running trail "X" and it is rated 3-4 out of 5 ,far beyond what a stock JK can handle, dont get part way down the trail and start to cry about trail damage and want to turn back because we go 1 way forward if you want to go back then go by your self
I did it once to a guy in an FJ on 34" swampers when he got all chicken shait
about having his wheel go 3' into the air I will do it just as fast to any one else
"we came to wheel not baby sit ,if you dont want to wheel then go park it"

oh and I see the cute little pictures in your sig
show me 3 or 4 more of you going up that little step and I will be impressed
oh and a little bigger please
I could get the front tires of my wifes VW up on it ,big deal

if a jk cant go there than there is no liberty that can. not even tjkj's pavement pounder. i see what this is now. your just butt flaming because you dont like the jk. dont care. i've had what you have and its lack luster at best compared to what i have now.

and dont think those pix are for you, or that rock is small. jayme didnt make it up. idk if you knew wes but he damn sure didnt make it up.
i did. with my supposed mall crawler so you can take this: 8===D and shove it way up your tight ass.

Reaction score
A 100% stock (rental) JK and several lifted KJs went right over that step wet. ThunderbirdJunkie has video of one of the KJs doing it without spinning a tire.

how long did that 100% stock rental jk make it that weekend?
point exactly he didnt care at all about it.

Reaction score
That does not mean that he had the sack to do it
"oh look at me"
"no this is as far as I go I may get a scratch"

i havent seen a picture of your liberty. let me guess, 4 doors, a/t's, ome springs, maybe a top plate or 2 from boiler. oh wait exactly the same as every other liberty. call me when you grow a personality and get creative

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, relax. You don't seem to take advice or criticism to well. Most don't. These guys, me included, have been driving for longer than you've been a part of this species. Take what they/I might say as sage advice, having been there and done that.

I'm not going to point a finger at you, I'm not assigning blame, but.... I have a pile of twenty ish guys working for me and a good chunk of them act like they know it all. I've been at my job for 20yrs and know more than they can hope to understand. It's called corporate knowledge. Many here offer it and get shut up or tuned out. I for one can appreciate J-T's frustration.

Reaction score
Hey Matt, relax. You don't seem to take advice or criticism to well. Most don't. These guys, me included, have been driving for longer than you've been a part of this species. Take what they/I might say as sage advice, having been there and done that.

I'm not going to point a finger at you, I'm not assigning blame, but.... I have a pile of twenty ish guys working for me and a good chunk of them act like they know it all. I've been at my job for 20yrs and know more than they can hope to understand. It's called corporate knowledge. Many here offer it and get shut up or tuned out. I for one can appreciate J-T's frustration.

i didnt ask for his advice. he got butt hurt when i was clearly acknowledging someone who has a documented history off road (tjkj) and not him.
i will have lockers in my jeep one day. but its people like j-****** who get pissy because i say you dont need them.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
We all wheel different locations and we wheel different styles.. an obstacle that me and a stocker KJ went through without effort slowed up 1 and stopped another ( had to go around)

Sometimes its luck sometimes its experience. But what works for matt in indiana might not work so hot for anyone else in Utah.

we all take pride in our vehicles, we bought em, drive em, and built em.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having ESP and adding the TT to the rear would be a good combination
much better than open
and knowing how ESP functions it will be almost like a selectable locker that works automatically
put 1 up front also and you could go far

Alright cool thats what I was hoping for!
Now to add one to the rear or front...

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent seen a picture of your liberty. let me guess, 4 doors, a/t's, ome springs, maybe a top plate or 2 from boiler. oh wait exactly the same as every other liberty. call me when you grow a personality and get creative

HAHAHAHAHA
My KJ HAD ,as was pointed out
OME springs ,yes and why not the best you can get?
It ran on 245/75 MTR's ,because they were $50 each
it had a one off or "custom built" trans skid but it was a DD
I have a toy to wheel
some have seen it
very few have wheeled with it mostly because when/where I wheel is not KJ
friendly or at least not kind to body panels
the list of mods that my TJ has is much to long for me to list
some are bolt on ,some are modified bolt on and some are my own creation
lets just say that my TJ has seen welding and burning
if you want I picture I can get 1 just going to take some time
see I go to wheel not take pictures

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go
yup I was stuck
yup those are swampers
yup the door is 4+ feet off the ground

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here you go
last year ,I dont set the date on the camera
running swampers
yeah I was stuck ,no tires touching in the front and driver door 4+ feet up off the ground
Jeep

Jeep

i would post properlinks next time. i saw the tj. it all makes sence why you hate the jk now. cant stand your beloved tj being forgotten about. my jeep sits higher with just the lift and the pictures you tried to display were terrible if you were trying to make an example. looks like a case of shittydrivingitis from that angle. not sure if there is a cure.

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
looks to me like he was driving an edge ( like your middle pic) and slid off shit happens alteast hes trying..

everyone get off of the my ride is better than ur ride shit already, its getting old.

we own jeeps we drive jeeps we like jeeps and most of us wheel..

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would post properlinks next time. i saw the tj. it all makes sence why you hate the jk now. cant stand your beloved tj being forgotten about. my jeep sits higher with just the lift and the pictures you tried to display were terrible if you were trying to make an example. looks like a case of shittydivingitis from that angle. not sure if there is a cure.

what is you talking about Willis?

Reaction score
looks to me like he was driving an edge ( like your middle pic) and slid off shit happens alteast hes trying..

everyone get off of the my ride is better than ur ride shit already, its getting old.

he started it. i can easily finish it. but its fun to watch the aggressor be made into a budke.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Truth is it is a balancing act
you have to let your driver tire hang and turn left at the right spot so it grabs and the passenger hangs or falls
my problem is that the ledge broke off under me

oh and do it wrong and you end up on your side
trust me