lockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how in the eff do you know what Happy Days is
or do you simply have good taste in TV for some one who is 25

I amass everything pop culture like a sponge. I don't do so by choice, but have a tendency to soak up useless info. If only pertinent information would stick in the soft tissue between my skull. :D

Now back to the topic at hand...

Lockers are useless in a KJ. The IFS (and weak ass D30a) is a bigger drawback than open axles. Discuss. :p

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now back to the topic at hand...

Lockers are useless in a KJ. The IFS (and weak ass D30a) is a bigger drawback than open axles. Discuss. :p

truly it is the reverse of that
the weak 30a is broken when shock loaded a locker would ,in theory, prevent shock loading by preventing "1 wheel peel"
The IFS causes you to lift a wheel faster than SFA causing "1 wheel peel"
sooner
so a locker will prevent "1 wheel peel" and lifting wheels means nothing when you are locked

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truly it is the reverse of that
the weak 30a is broken when shock loaded a locker would ,in theory, prevent shock loading by preventing "1 wheel peel"
The IFS causes you to lift a wheel faster than SFA causing "1 wheel peel"
sooner
so a locker will prevent "1 wheel peel" and lifting wheels means nothing when you are locked
That is very true.

Reaction score
clearly ,by your age, you have never owned a TJ let alone a YJ or CJ so I take your
negative attitude towards TJ's with a grain of salt
why would I buy a JK I have a TJ with under 50K miles on it
paid cash for it and I dont have to wait for it to be "put into my name"
did you "built" it or did you build it?
and wow you drilled holes in it ,impressive ,let me know when you cut holes with a torch
oh and you put a lift on in the drive way
wow
try installing a locker
I dont know who this "noone" person is so yeah he/she did not tell me to have a kid me and my wife wanted to have a kid

man I wish I could go back to the days of being 21 again
back then I knew it all and pissed on the shoes of people who probably
knew a lot more than I did(dunno)

I am willing to bet you are just like all the other JK punks ridding around with the top up and AC on and refuse to
return the Jeep wave to the real Jeep owners with the top down ,doors off and a bare foot on the rock sliders
and before you say it my TJ has AC and it does work ,so did my '95 YJ, but I own a Jeep not a Joke

dont have to own a tj. or a yj or a cj. i spent time in all of them. at this point the only reason i would even consider a tj is for the 4.0.

and before you try to be a smart ass im more of a jeep owner than you'll ever be. my doors have barely been on this summer. if they are its because im leaving the jeep for a long period of time and dont want my shit stolen.
look your jeep gets less respect than other jeeps at this point because your a butt hurt *****. thats the bottom line. anyone who thinks a tj yj or cj is better than a jk hasnt driven one and hasnt driven one off road. shit the tires i haave stock on mine i doubt you could have fit stock.
you seem to be more of a grand cherokee owner since you have some kind of god complex. your tj isnt that great at all and you seem to have spent so much time attempting to build it up. im not over confident. ive gone out and tried things. i know what i can and cant do. the trails you posted pictures of, i could do with out lockers.
tjkj. i might have one or 2 issues but from what i saw it didnt look that difficult.
tjs honestly suck compared to what i have. thats why i got a jk over the tj. i didnt want one at first but after driving every jeep made in the last 20 years i made my decision.

Reaction score
WTF does this have to do with being MORE of a jeep owner? seriously dude think about your arguments before you make them.
it doesnt. me doing things like stopping to help other jeep owners stranded on the side of the road would be an example. yes i do that.
apparently since everyone seems to know me these days he thought i ride around in the a/c all day.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesnt. me doing things like stopping to help other jeep owners stranded on the side of the road would be an example. yes i do that.
apparently since everyone seems to know me these days he thought i ride around in the a/c all day.

Who cares about you? You have a cool dog. :)

I have heard a locker or even a lsd can be a pain in the snow ( also watched my brother have to put it in 4wd cause the back end started to slide towards the car next to him in a parking lot in tahoe with one tire in snow and one on ice). For snowy conditions would it be better to have open rear and a posi of some sort in front? Arb is best, but for those of us who don't want to/can't drop that much $ on a locker.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares about you? You have a cool dog. :)

I have heard a locker or even a lsd can be a pain in the snow ( also watched my brother have to put it in 4wd cause the back end started to slide towards the car next to him in a parking lot in tahoe with one tire in snow and one on ice). For snowy conditions would it be better to have open rear and a posi of some sort in front? Arb is best, but for those of us who don't want to/can't drop that much $ on a locker.

An open diff can be a blessing at times,even off road. In snow open both ends seems to be the way to go,on road.

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you have that stupid throttle control system and other "dummy" controls Jeep started puting on the 06's. Those systems really show their weakness in mixed conditions on ice/snow. Any wheel spin it cuts the throttle and you sit like a deer inthe headlights until you let off the throttle enough to get control back. Even with responcible driving in snow I have had problems with the Trac control and ABS getting me in some pickles.

Reaction score
Not if you have that stupid throttle control system and other "dummy" controls Jeep started puting on the 06's. Those systems really show their weakness in mixed conditions on ice/snow. Any wheel spin it cuts the throttle and you sit like a deer inthe headlights until you let off the throttle enough to get control back. Even with responcible driving in snow I have had problems with the Trac control and ABS getting me in some pickles.

its not that bad. since you can turn it off with the push of a button its no big deal. abs has saved me a few times from idiot driivers

Reaction score
Only on a JK can you fully turn it off,in a KJ or KK you can not fully turn off all that junk un;less you pull the ABS fuse.

that *****. why would they do that? theres like a million things you can turn on an off just by turning the wheel and the key.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, nothing like wading thru 16 pages of bickering to find a few useful tidbits of real information.:pp:

Trying to educate myself about Limited Slip Diffs. (I'm not fortunate enough to know everything, like certain other members here:whip:)
I have a '04 KJ Sport. V6 (if that matters)
NP231 Transfer case.

Seems that there is a concensious that the Detroit Tru-Trac is the best option for the front.

I'd like a little better traction in winter on roads that are snowy in spots. I don't like constantly shifting in and out of Part-time 4wd. But, since I don't wheel much, I don't need/want a locker.

What are my LSD options for the Chrysler 8.25 rear?

Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but I got bored by the :gayfight:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, nothing like wading thru 16 pages of bickering to find a few useful tidbits of real information.:pp:

Trying to educate myself about Limited Slip Diffs. (I'm not fortunate enough to know everything, like certain other members here:whip:)
I have a '04 KJ Sport. V6 (if that matters)
NP231 Transfer case.

Seems that there is a concensious that the Detroit Tru-Trac is the best option for the front.

I'd like a little better traction in winter on roads that are snowy in spots. I don't like constantly shifting in and out of Part-time 4wd. But, since I don't wheel much, I don't need/want a locker.

What are my LSD options for the Chrysler 8.25 rear?

Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, but I got bored by the :gayfight:
Same as the front,the DTT.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Just an FYI, since this thread was last active, ThunderbirdJunkie ditched his craptastic Aussie for a delicious Powertrash.

Members online

No members online now.