Lift pics and spec thread

Discussion in 'Lift Kit Discussion' started by HoosierJeeper, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

RRO is good for one thing, well two bad products and bad advice. I mean they say they are experts but then try to sell you a kit that they say you need to align your KJ when lifted. There isn't a kit needed nor can you even use what they try and sell you. :happy175:

2. zuperzaindi

zuperzaindi Full Access Member

Yeah, their kits sounded good -in theory-. But you guys definitely convinced me that it is well worth the money to invest in more expensive, but way better, products.

3. Bsletten3

Bsletten3 New Member

In progress

It's coming along. Next is paint front matt black

Attached Files:

4. greene

greene Full Access Member

Front: JBA lifted A-arms, strut top plate H&R springs on 1/4” clevis, Bilstein 4600 struts = 22” lift
    Rear: H&R springs on 1 additional spring pads top, Bilstein 4600 shocks = 21.5” lift
    Soon to have 265/70r16 or 265/75r16?

Attached Files:

5. tommudd

Looks good like I said on Fakebook, but 265-75-16s are going to require at least 4.10s 265-70-16s even take a hit on power and mileage , reason for me to go 4.10s on my next build with the 265-70s

6. dude1116

dude1116 Full Access Member

Quite a hit. Can't get more than 16.5mpgs now. Of course...it's winter now too.

7. tommudd

Winter sucks big time but my 04 on the road always gets 21-22 mpg easily in the summer, winter goes down 2-3 mpg .
    Another reason I'm going 265-70s with 4.10s need more poooooowwwweeerrr! :happy175:

8. 95whtzr2

95whtzr2 Full Access Member

2003 liberty sport 3.7L/auto
    18" all 4 corners before lift, 21" all 4 after lift.

235/70/16 Michelin street tires with 60% tread.

Front
    ARB2927 OME 927 springs
    ARB90009 OME sport struts

Rear
    ARB2948 OME 948 springs
    ARB60069 OME sport shocks

Everything else is stock.

Pics are pre-alignment:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mx3_ryder

mx3_ryder Full Access Member

Looks good... Had no idea H&R made raising springs. What are the spring rates?

10. tommudd

At only 22 inches 265-75-16s are going to be way tight in the fenderwells . Need to be at another inch in height really to run that size, so sticking with 265-70s would be much better

11. tommudd

Can't remember and can't find where I wrote them down used to ahve them. They don't give as much lift as 927s do. with just springs you get about 19.75 to 21 at most ( without top plate/ clevis etc)

12. Docnoisewater

Docnoisewater New Member

Finally got the lift done. Couldn't be happier with the results.

Ordered all parts from JBA (UCA, front coilovers, rear springs, bilsteins)

[​IMG]

13. TwoBobsKJ

TwoBobsKJ Full Access Member

Looks great!

Did you get the JBA coilovers or OME or Ironman for the front? Which rear springs?

Keep us posted on the ride, your thoughts on the install, etc. :waytogo:

Bob

14. profdlp

profdlp Grouchy Old Cuss

How hard (or easy) was the installation?

15. Docnoisewater

Docnoisewater New Member

I ordered the silver package from jba
    Came with the jba uca coilovers and rearsprings. Also teraflex bumpstops and bilstein shocks.

Install for me was....interesting is the nice way of putting it. It comes with detailed instructions that are helpful. I had plenty of help from friends that are very skills wrench turners. But alot of rust issues from the years of salty roads in the dc metro area. I think if I didn't have additional issues along the way it should of only taken us 5 hours.

The ride went from probably a 2 to a 10.
    The change is so noticeable that my wife, who drives it everyday, actually made comments.

There is a local shop I trust that did the alignment after install and had them look over the work. The owner has a liberty and really went over it throughly because he is shopping for a lift!

16. ozone000

ozone000 Full Access Member

So the only thing I replaced was the springs with OME 927/948 and shocks with Bilsteins. Since I haven't seen too many pics with this setup on a Limited with stock 235/65R17s I thought I'd post mine.

On the first pic is a "before" with the rear stuffed a bit. I didn't take a driveway pic of the before.

I measure 21.25 all the way around, but I didn't renew the isolators at all.

Attached Files:

17. TwoBobsKJ

TwoBobsKJ Full Access Member

Looks really good! :waytogo:

That setup with the stock size tires looks ideal. What do you think of the ride? Has it been aligned yet?

Bob

18. ozone000

I agree with the tires, I think its the 17" wheels that make the difference. Either that or the fact that I overexposed the photo a bit to allow for a better image of the tire inside the wheel well, making it look bigger.

It has been aligned as it was nearly undriveable, but it will need another alignment with the proper instructions for the guy. He was totally focused on getting the caster right first. Came back here to do a search and found that caster is nearly impossible to get in spec with a lift like mine.

Right now it drives great, but as I said in the other thread I feel it's a bit unstable when hitting the high speed dips that are common to San Diego freeways. However, I'm used to driving a BMW and a sportbike, so it may just be a high bar of expectation for a Jeep with a higher COG than normal.

Personally, I would like even stiffer springs and appropriately valved shocks, but again...BMW...sportbike.

19. tjkj2002

tjkj2002 Full Access Member

Before my SFA swap I was sitting a good 1.5" higher then yours with more tire sidewall(265/75R16's) and it felt much more stable then stock.Granted I was running the pre-softride SkyJacker coils(425lbs compared to 400lbs for OME 927's) modified to use the Rancho RSX shocks(sadly discontinued,best shocks for the KJ hands down ever).

With the SFA,at 9.5" of lift and 35" tires on 15" rims, it still feels much more stable then stock. But again I also went much,much wider track width also using full width axles front and rear.The front coils are the old Rubicon Express V8 ZJ coils and the rears are OME MD duty coils for a FJ80/FJ100.

20. ozone000

I don't have a lot of miles on it and really didn't even before I renewed the suspension, but the rear seems to bounce considerably more under the same conditions. It feels like the large dips are not damped on the rebound as much as they used to be and the overshoot makes the rear light. If that dip is around a curve the Jeep is being pushed up at an angle and the momentum affects the steering. At least that's what it feels like, though it may just be the alignment being out still.

Any luck with the kits from Rocky Road that are supposed to open up more alignment options?