OME/Bilstein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my OME 927 springs today. Very excited about getting my whole setup.
Decided to buy it all separately and was able to find all of my parts for a great price.. ~$740 for it all ! Didn't go JBA because of shipping costs.. (I know, I'm cheap)
But, I'll keep an update on here for everyone since this will be my first lift on my 05 Sport!
The parts I chose:
OME 927 F. Springs
Bilstein F. Strut (F4-BE5-D916-H0)
OME 948 R. Springs
Bilstein R. Shocks (F4-BE5-6458-H7)
Teraflex bumpstops for front
2 pucks for rear (each side)

Wish me luck!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat received all my parts last monday was hoping to get to installing this weekend but its not happening. Really itching to fet this stuff installed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just received my OME 927 springs today. Very excited about getting my whole setup.
Decided to buy it all separately and was able to find all of my parts for a great price.. ~$740 for it all ! Didn't go JBA because of shipping costs.. (I know, I'm cheap)
But, I'll keep an update on here for everyone since this will be my first lift on my 05 Sport!
The parts I chose:
OME 927 F. Springs
OME 948 R. Springs

Wish me luck!

No luck needed
Its pretty easy even for someone who has never done one
Talked a few through the process over the phone even

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No luck needed
Its pretty easy even for someone who has never done one
Talked a few through the process over the phone even

Thanks for the reassurance Tom.
The only thing that kind of worries me is the different bolts and such not coming loose/ breaking (I'm going to use an impact for the whole install) from never being removed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance Tom.
The only thing that kind of worries me is the different bolts and such not coming loose/ breaking (I'm going to use an impact for the whole install) from never being removed.

Over 35 ( friends/customers/ not including all of mine) installs and never used an impact
Some cases they are ok but if you have bolts that are frozen I like to " feel " what they are doing. So be careful, spray everything good with a good penetrating oil ( not WD40 ) for several times before you start
Some tricks to get some of them off so they don't turn clear through

Icethegreat

Reaction score
The parts I chose:
OME 927 F. Springs
OME 948 R. Springs

Wish me luck!

where exactly did you purchase them? (online?)

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where exactly did you purchase them? (online?)

Front strut/Front springs & Rear shocks- Amazon (arrived brand new in the boxes so no worries there)
Rear springs/Bumpstops- Quadratec (Same price as JBA just no shipping costs)
The reason I pieced my lift together from different sites is
One- JBA doesn't have a OME/Bilstein lift kit set *that I saw in my price range* only full OME.. From what I've read OME and Bilstein shocks ride about the same so I don't mind paying less for Bilstein
Two- the shipping/tax took the order up by $100 with the standard 2 day shipping being ~$60 alone
I agree with Tom that it's better to buy your parts at one place if you run into issues but I try to save a few bucks wherever I can and everything I've purchased have been brand new and seem to be great quality.
Also, I received all of my items in 2-3 days at most so I'm very happy with it all.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not add plates and Clevis ring to front for extra 1/2"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not add plates and Clevis ring to front for extra 1/2"?

Eventually, I'm sure I will. But for the time being I really just want to get my lift in before I leave for vacation in August. I don't want to have to worry about losing power and getting into the re-gear stages and other goodies that come with being 3"+ quite yet. Also, if I got the top plate and clevis rings that would mean I would have to get rear upper iso to level it out.
But now you got me thinking....
Should I just get the top plate and rear iso's now and be done or..

Last edited:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, I'm sure I will. But for the time being I really just want to get my lift in before I leave for vacation in August. I don't want to have to worry about losing power and getting into the re-gear stages quite yet being at 3". Also, if I got the top plate and clevis rings that would mean I would have to get rear upper iso to level it out.

As long as you don't go over 3" and your front UBJs are ok I think you should be fine (without upgrading the UCAs). This is the exact configuration I'm planning on.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you don't go over 3" and your front UBJs are ok I think you should be fine (without upgrading the UCAs). This is the exact configuration I'm planning on.

Right.. I'll think about it. I still have plenty of time to get it installed so I can add a few things before if I want to.
Not sure when you plan on getting your lift together and installed but if I were you I'd buy from different sources like I did and save some money (unless you don't care)

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right.. I'll think about it. I still have plenty of time to get it installed so I can add a few things before if I want to.

Not sure when you plan on getting your lift together and installed but if I were you I'd buy from different sources like I did and save some money (unless you don't care)

Oh I certainly do. After lift comes a good set of 4 AT tires. Just added CB and tow hooks. $$$! This is the primary reason I'm trying to avoid buying and changing also the UCAs.
Could you pls post product links to the sources you found online?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I certainly do. After lift comes a good set of 4 AT tires. Just added CB and tow hooks. $$$! This is the primary reason I'm trying to avoid buying and changing also the UCAs.
Could you pls post product links to the sources you found online?

Yes sir

Front Strut https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0068O1SLM/ref=ya_st_dp_summary
OME 2927 Springs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004P9PL38/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rear Shock
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009FU6DL6/ref=ya_st_dp_summary
OME 2948 Springs
Old Man Emu Rear (Medium) Coil Springs | Jeep Parts and Accessories | Quadratec
Teraflex Bump Stop and Rear Iso
JeepinByAl

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Eventually, I'm sure I will. But for the time being I really just want to get my lift in before I leave for vacation in August. I don't want to have to worry about losing power and getting into the re-gear stages and other goodies that come with being 3"+ quite yet. Also, if I got the top plate and clevis rings that would mean I would have to get rear upper iso to level it out.

Lots of folks have ran stock size tires after doing their lift until they wear the current ones out or save for a new set.
I would do the springs , then top plate that would give you 3 inches of lift without anything else . That way don't have to worry about alignment issues, buying JBA UCAs right away etc

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks have ran stock size tires after doing their lift until they wear the current ones out or save for a new set.
I would do the springs , then top plate that would give you 3 inches of lift without anything else . That way don't have to worry about alignment issues, buying JBA UCAs right away etc

Thanks for the info
Do you recommend the 947 springs ? Or just 948? I'm not going to add heavy loads like bumpers and stuff but I do hall a trailer with minor mowing equip. sometimes
Just didn't know if one was better than the other

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info
Do you recommend the 947 springs ? Or just 948? I'm not going to add heavy loads like bumpers and stuff but I do hall a trailer with minor mowing equip. sometimes
Just didn't know if one was better than the other

948 rear/ 927 front

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you sir.

Few comments:
Front shock is for stock height, isn't it better to get the lifted version? (Tom?)
Rear shock doesn't list KJ in compatibility list, you sure that's the correct PN for lifted KJ?
Do you also need to buy bushing kits for those?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

Few comments:
Front shock is for stock height, isn't it better to get the lifted version? (Tom?)
Rear shock doesn't list KJ in compatibility list, you sure that's the correct PN for lifted KJ?
Do you also need to buy bushing kits for those?

Front shocks are all the same size unless you get Ironman (I think) and you can't get those at the moment. That's why you add the clevis nuts and top plates- to achieve more lift
Those rear shocks still work for the KJ even though it states it does not. Only because some people have either installed washers or bent the bracket to make them fit more snug.
If I'm wrong I'm sure Tom will correct me.

Last edited: