Great Safety Concern With 2006 Liberty, Traction Control Behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a 5.7 2wd....5 speed auto. I've never driven a TC and ESP equipped KJ. But on 4x4 XK's...and 4x4 Durango's in Colorado snow and ice, all with ESP and TC, both did great.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
We have a matter of great concern with our 2006 Liberty Sport.

On very rare occasion when the drive wheel slips upon quick acceleration, the traction control kicks in as normal, but will have a one to two second delay before the system wakes up and allows the vehicle to move forward again.

It is not consistent in this behavior, therefore cannot be made repeatable. We feel this is a safety issue. What happens if we over-react to get out of someone's way? We become sitting ducks.

Our other GM and Ford vehicles with traction control never behave this way.

Anyone else experience this?
Any thoughts or advice?

My local Chrysler dealer says there are no outstanding recalls, and wants me to bring in the vehicle. I am concerned he'll empty my pockets before he concludes he cannot find any problem.

Stop pulling in front of people,Dumba$$

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i had it happen to me as well, driving down a highway, a couple of deer came running across the road, i missed the first one, but the car in the next lane got him, i slammed on the breaks, looked in the rear view and noticed the dude behind me was flying towards me, obviously oblivious to the fact that i was stopped, i STOMPED on the gas, and there was that freaking delay, it felt like an eternity while i watched this dude getting closer and closer, lukily he noticed and breaked as my Kj finally decided okay lets move, so no accident but it is SCARY as shit!

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep saying that to idiots here that think they are invincible with there techno gizmo vehicles......................

I'm going to get one of them one of these days:D................

Meet the Decapitatorrockon.gif
You must be registered for see images attach

THAT PIC JUST BECAME my desktop background, that's freaking sick man!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep saying that to idiots here that think they are invincible with there techno gizmo vehicles......................

I'm going to get one of them one of these days:D................

Meet the Decapitatorrockon.gif
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice moveable RTI ramp...

Latest posts

Members online