First Thing's First: Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Jim, I would ask them to let you down in the pit so you can spray it yourself. Ask them if the tech can help you drag your tank down there so you don't get winded climbing up and down. Apologize profusely for putting them out by having asked them to depress a finger on a spray can.

Then let them do what they should have done to begin with, now that you've pointed out (in the most polite and indirect way possible) just how petty they are being for showing their reluctance to finish off the job.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Jim. Here in the rust belt it's a no-brainer to paint over any areas showing corrosion - and to spray after drilling into metal. The drilling removes the barrier (galvanized or otherwise) that was on the surface so that is a hot spot for rust unless treated.

By the way, great choice on that transfer case skid and PML ****** pan! :waytogo:

Bob

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I called JBA Offroad that Monday afternoon, and learned they close at 4:30PM, so I called again the next day. Spoke with Marlin and he said there was a delay and the skid plate should be shipped in a week or 10 days. So, I called again today, 13 days later, and was told the skid plate is being powder coated and should ship out by the end of the week.

If it does ship by Friday, that makes the processing time more than 4 weeks after the order was placed and my credit card was processed. This is a real disappointment. This is just one of several parts I am interested in ordering from them (more skid plates and probably a adjustable coilover lift kit).

This might not bother me so much had I known the part was not in stock, or that my credit card would be charged so far in advance of shipment (many companies now charge only when shipping). I prob'ly should have cancelled the order when I found out the part was so delayed, but the promise that it was coming soon keeps me hanging on. The company and the parts have received so many good reports here and on other forums, it's a shame those reports didn't also mention long delays in fulfillment.

So, I wait again, at least until Friday to know if the last assurance will be honored.

Jim

Good info as i'll be ordering the same skid plate from them soon.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you paying the tech to do the fabrication/welding he should be the one held responsible for doing the work right. They are silly for not making it right immediately. Especially with you offering to bring the paint.