DWM Seeks AJP For Wild Weekend, Maybe More

Did I Miss Anything?

• Nope, You're Good. Go Ahead And Order It Already

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, Dummy, You Did (Tell me what it is by posting in the thread)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A few pictures from today. I put several hundred miles on the jeep and enjoyed every one of them. These are taken on a slight downward slope toward the drivers side:

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see her stock here:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what I've done to my KJ and how much lift I've gotten from it
My 3 ring clevis and springs has me at 22 1/4" up front
Rear has been 22 1/4" with one iso since it was first lifted and before I put the AirLift in, which I have inflated just so the springs aren't always compressed and for occasional towing
With the AirLift I have it set at about 22 1/4" maybe a tad more on each side and because of that, it sits level
If one iso would only get me to 22" (1/2" of lift over OME springs) then how would having two iso's (what was put on Prof's KJ) make his look lower than mine even before he got an alignment?
The front of his doesn't look as tall as mine either and he has two rear iso's, meaning whatever he has up front makes him sit level (as pictured)

I don't know why this all started, I asked a simple question and you've gotten upset about it.. thinking I'm telling you you did something wrong
Which is why I keep asking for his measurements after alignment, because I was thinking of throwing in another iso myself
But, now it's "some people" and "I know because I was there" for no reason when all I asked was why he looked like he was sitting low even before alignment and asked for some of his measurements

Not getting upset at all, just stating facts is it. Get over it I already have been sitting laughing about it

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Man you guys were right down the road in hartville?! Damn I wish I woulda had my parts yesterday and could've got in on that action :icon_sad:
:(

I should have made sure you knew. For some reason, I thought you were watching this thread and would be aware of it. I knew you were still pulling parts together and assumed...

I would bet there will be more of these before long. I hope so, anyway. Meeting your Jeep buds is a LOT of fun.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad we were able to help you out !
Had a great time, wished we could of gotten the bracket on but with needing an alignment and getting on towards the end of the day it just didn't happen.
As far as your sway bar I'd say 95 % of the people have theirs tossed in the corner somewhere . No worries on it.
Now as far as the " spacers " go please take the time to check them after a few more miles , those and the wheels as well.
Until you get everything settled in you may have some noises that you're not used to but everything should be fine .
LBJs will need to be replaced soon as well
You may hear some squeaks from the u-joints. Funny thing when I did the 03, they made a noise for one day then quit. I still have u-joints ready though! LOL
The other thing we talked about was the rear CV on the front driveshaft. Driveshaft & CV Joint Components is where you can order from.
But was a great day over all, enjoyed it for sure.
have fun Steve!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not getting upset at all, just stating facts is it. Get over it I already have been sitting laughing about it
As have I :happy175::happy175:

Glad you like it Prof looks great!
About time you got that thing done :waytogo:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pictures from today. I put several hundred miles on the jeep and enjoyed every one of them. These are taken on a slight downward slop toward the drivers side:

You can see her stock here:

Sorry I missed it Prof, that's a great looking Jeep I love the color.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great.
Like the colour too.
Reminds of my time in the army back in the 70's,when all jeeps were green.:gr_grin:

Gyro

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! Wish I could have been there. Please please PLEASE have another meet up soon. I will take a day or two off for it!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep looks great now! Dig the color too!
Now you have clearance & are really trail rated!
You also now have an extra "tall" coffee holder!~
57283[/ATTACH]"]

:gr_grin:

Attachments

• KJCoffeeHolder.jpg
    KJCoffeeHolder.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
33 pages
258 likes
now 330 posts

Now does everyone understand why I said I would help lift his KJ ?
The INSANITY had to stop !!!:Insane::Insane::Insane:
Has to be the longest lift discussion is the history of KJs :happy175::happy175::icon_razz:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33 pages
258 likes
now 330 posts

Has to be the longest lift discussion is the history of KJs :happy175::happy175::icon_razz:

Is this when we start talking about clams?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no group picture?

I thought about a group pic - all of us standing in front of our KJ's/KK - about 15 minutes AFTER everybody left :favorites68:

The conclusion of the event was a bit rushed - not the usual 'stand-around-and-admire-our-work' ending that I like. But see, that's an excuse for us all to get together again on a trail or Cracker Barrel parking lot or somebody's driveway and shoot the bull for a few hours :happy175:

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about a group pic - all of us standing in front of our KJ's/KK - about 15 minutes AFTER everybody left :favorites68:

The conclusion of the event was a bit rushed - not the usual 'stand-around-and-admire-our-work' ending that I like. But see, that's an excuse for us all to get together again on a trail or Cracker Barrel parking lot or somebody's driveway and shoot the bull for a few hours :happy175:

Bob

Who would be down for a Rausch Creek trip in October?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob

Bob I did as well, just about the time the Hardware came into view!
Had to get him to the alignment shop, we had to get home, you had your wife so patiently waiting LOL
But no never had time to really shot the BS all day
or I didn't :emotions34::icon_razz::happy175:
Need a overnight trip but :emotions34: If I go anywhere overnight it would be to see my wife I think:gr_grin::gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
.....cowhide.......?

Yes half of a full hide is all that I needed , worked well
Conditioned it before I left home so it was nice and soft
wiped it down when I got home, works great

OK OK here is the deal
I have a foldable table that I use when we have M&Gs etc, it has a white top.
NOW when like Saturday we had just tools, I hate having tools strung out and want them where I can grab what I want without looking much
So set the table up, cover it nice cowhide, ( have a ton of it from upholstery shop) and sit the tools on it. Nice and tough , cleans up easily, folds up nice etc

SO NOW you know the secret
wonder if Steve took a picture of everything I had there ??

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
33 pages
258 likes
now 330 posts

Yeah, but my threads always provide extended entertainment value. This is like the Director's Cut of lift threads. Look at all the bonus features! :gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online