Lifting a KJ or WK (both diesel), Which should I shoot for?

WK grand cherokee or KJ Liberty?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm stuck between deciding on buying a WK or KJ both diesel versions. I want to fit either 32/33x12.5R15s on the KJ or 32/33/35x12.5R17s on the WK (if i can i might even try to run 15 inch rims on the WK with a large negative offset to clear the brakes). With your knowledge, which would be easier and or more cost effective to accomplish? Im shooting for a 4" lift on both vehicles. Such kits are no longer made for the cars and basically i would have to piece my own together. I'm thinking of Using Monroe Load Adjusting Shocks(kj/wk specific) + OME 3060(880lb-in) in the rear. In the front i'm thinking a Bilstein 5100 adjustable strut(kj/wk specific) + OME 3112(975lb-in). 2 inch wheels spacers seem to negate rubbing.

my reasoning for picking such high spring rates is basically to maintain that 4" lift with added accessories/weight. Bumpers, winches, etc... If i'm understanding how spring rates work, i would require several hundreds lbs of additional weight to drop the selected springs 1".

Also another thing is, i can't seem to find any information on affordable programming devices for the KJ. I know this is a lot but would greatly appreciate any insight you have.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Green Diesel Engineering had tunes for the KJ 2.8 CRD but they got shut down. There are still tunes available, Yeti comes to mind but LOSTJEEPS would be the best source for info on that.

I don't think those tires will fit a KJ.

Latest posts

Members online