DWM Seeks AJP For Wild Weekend, Maybe More

Did I Miss Anything?

• Nope, You're Good. Go Ahead And Order It Already

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, Dummy, You Did (Tell me what it is by posting in the thread)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What're you measuring Prof?
Looks low looking at the space between the tire and fender considering you have two iso's in the rear

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me its not low
check your eyes ...................:emotions34::icon_razz:

My eyes are just fine, must be camera angle or slightly bigger tires then because it looks low compared to my rear with only one iso
Wasn't sure why it looked a tad lower compared to mine even after I've gotten 3-4 alignments and used one iso
Get some measurements Prof when you get the chance

Mine taken not too long ago:
You must be registered for see images attach

Prof's looks a little lower for using two iso's

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
some people

Some people?
LOL you're taking what I'm saying as me telling you you did something wrong as if anyone would say that
All I said was it looks low for using 2 iso's
Not sure what's funny about that statement but OK :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So this looks low to you?? Only thing I see that makes it look low is the steps he has on there

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those don't look too bad
I just want to see what he measures at (dunno)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks real good. I'll never forget the first time I drove my KJ after the lift.

Time to test it out. :D Badlands shouldn't be far from you guys...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was it then after alignment?

Either Prof is out driving his KJ or it's taller height has scared him off - so far no measurements.

I know he was 18" pre-lift and I'm guessing after alignment it ended up at 22.5 or a little more. I think the steps make it look a tad shorter and the all-black rims kinda put a weird perspective on the pics too.

Oh Prof, Oh Prof - where ARE YOU???? :happy175:

Bob

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I sit at 22 1/4 in the front and close to 22 1/2 in the rear with only one iso and 3 ring clevis

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I sit at 22 1/4 in the front and close to 22 1/2 in the rear with only one iso and 3 ring clevis

2.5 inches from the rear springs ( nothing else 21.5 ) add one iso in the rear should put you at 22 not 22.5 , done enough and everyone is almost exactly the same ( within 1/8 of an inch ) most no differences at all
Front springs alone put you at 21.5 , 3 ring clevis puts you at 22.25 so you are right on there .
As far as Steves, he had a lot of stuff in his as well yesterday. I'm not even sure what all he hauls around in there but I do know wasn't any room for springs etc since he had to haul them upfront!:happy175::happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK little info,
Had never done an 07 and I'll add then to my list of later model ones I don't like ! LOL just kidding
Stupid ABS crap in the way makes installing UCAs a little harder on the left side. ( still not as bad as CRDs but....)
PLUS I didn't give up and walk away like ah well two others did ! :happy175::icon_razz::icon_razz: No mentioning names on here , or will I?? :mwah1:
Tried installing the rear UCA extender but had a couple of issues there, but we did de-sway bar and deball his .
Rest of the lift was pretty uneventful, tried keeping Steve and Bob on task , but.....:happy175::happy175:
I think I had the right front torn apart and ready to go back together before Steve knew we even had it jacked up!
Have to say I am proud of my son though. Coming from a world where he never touched a wrench, didn't know what even a 10 mm wrench was or a phillips screwdriver, he does great. He listens, and learns more each time he helps me. I think he could pretty much do a lift now.
OK so now hopefully Steve will pop in sooner or later .
Steve contact me as well since I'll fill you in on a couple of other things I saw on yours.

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Finally noticed my stealth CRD and looked at the driver's side upper control arm bolts. Easiest access is to remove the fuel filter and loosen the mount from the firewall. Helps to have all the EGR stuff gone.

Congratulations on the lift project!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what I've done to my KJ and how much lift I've gotten from it
My 3 ring clevis and springs has me at 22 1/4" up front
Rear has been 22 1/4" with one iso since it was first lifted and before I put the AirLift in, which I have inflated just so the springs aren't always compressed and for occasional towing
With the AirLift I have it set at about 22 1/4" maybe a tad more on each side and because of that, it sits level
If one iso would only get me to 22" (1/2" of lift over OME springs) then how would having two iso's (what was put on Prof's KJ) make his look lower than mine even before he got an alignment?
The front of his doesn't look as tall as mine either and he has two rear iso's, meaning whatever he has up front makes him sit level (as pictured)

I don't know why this all started, I asked a simple question and you've gotten upset about it.. thinking I'm telling you you did something wrong
Which is why I keep asking for his measurements after alignment, because I was thinking of throwing in another iso myself
But, now it's "some people" and "I know because I was there" for no reason when all I asked was why he looked like he was sitting low even before alignment and asked for some of his measurements

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm back! Been out riding around all day! :winner_third_h4h:

I don't even know where to start when it comes to describing the past two days. I had a rainy trip down to Bob's, but the skies cleared just as I was arriving. I could have picked the right house even if I didn't know the number because it was so easy to recognize Tom's new project Jeep and Bob's beautiful KJ along with it. I felt rather...inadequate when I was pulling mine into the driveway. Just call me "Shorty". :blah:

We got it inside the garage, made small talk for a few minutes, then the next five hours was a blur. Tom set up two chairs, a table, and what seemed like way more tools than you could ever possibly fit in one Jeep. Then they rolled into action. All four wheels were off in about sixty seconds, and that's not much of an exaggeration. Bob jumped on the front left, Tom was yanking stuff off the front right, Mac was stacking stuff neatly to the side as fast as they could hand it to him, leaving me to...

I might as well get this out of the way right now. I ended up doing the least amount of work of anyone there. That was not by design, it just was happening too fast for me to keep up. With two guys working who could do this in their sleep, and me just trying to figure it out as things went along, I never really got in the groove. My biggest contribution was unloading the new parts out of the back of my Jeep and asking silly questions. To my own credit, I did a pretty good job of the latter, at least. :happy175:

Things went very smoothly with just a few exceptions:

1) Getting the rear-most bolt out of the top of the old driver's side strut is a pain in the neck if you have ABS. Tip: Look for the two bolts holding the ABS module down, remove them, them gently nudge the module to one side just enough to clear the bolt. We all tried getting it the "quick" way but would have saved a little (minor) aggravation had we just moved the thing to begin with. It's just close enough to making it to tease you into thinking you'll make it, but you probably won't.

2) I needed an extension for the driver's side rear brake line. Bob graciously sacrificed a tin funnel he had which did the job. I still feel bad about him doing that. :(

3) I had the JBA Tri-Link Extension. Still do. In its original box. Tom was backing the top bolt out of the rear differential and he and Bob both immediately said "something's wrong". After a good bit of head-scratching, it was determined that, while it may have been possible to get it clear out, it was nowhere near guaranteed that we would be able to get it back in. After being assured that you could run with no immediate problems without the extension, we all decided to leave that for a future exercise.

Things were finally wrapping up, the parts (except for that Tri-Link) were on, the Jeep was also now missing its balancer and rear sway bar, so we started packing up. I had an appointment at a local shop for an alignment and had to rush off far too soon to really thank everyone properly.

Since I mentioned the alignment, here is another tip for you: None of us were partaking of any adult beverages, but if you're going to be the one driving to the alignment place, don't have even as much as one drop. My Jeep was weaving down the road like a drunk sailor on his first shore liberty in months. I was quite glad to not having been drinking, not even one sip, because if you get pulled over (I didn't) you will have a hard time convincing the cop that you are not wasted. Alcohol on your breath and all over the road like that? Yeah, sure, Bub...
(Alcy) drunk.gif :happy175:
There were a lot of people out jogging and I saw the same pattern repeat itself several times: Car after car ahead of me would pass them and they would keep on jogging on the edge of the road, then when I came along they were heading for the high weeds to avoid Mr. Wobbly in the green Liberty. :eek: :icon_razz: I did manage to stay in my lane, but it took a lot of concentration.

So I get to the alignment place, I'm already late, and they slide me right in anyway! They told me it would be about an hour, then the guy comes out less than thirty minutes later. I'm figuring something is wrong and they have to be bringing me bad news, right? Nope. All done and within spec!
:favorites37:
I did have an interesting thing happen, though. When I got to the front counter the mechanic and the counter clerk both looked up at me with that kind of glance people get when they are talking about you and you walk in on them. The mechanic gives me this funny look and says something to the effect that I'm going to need to get some rear end work done soon. Seems the back end was "loose" and had a definite shimmy from side to side. I asked him what I need to do about it and he said I might need to replace something back there. I immediately put two and two together. Remember that sway bar I mentioned above? Guess he noticed that. ;)

Now, I try to be careful not to let myself be led by the power of suggestion; It's just too easy to talk yourself into seeing something just because you are expecting it. I did keep a close eye on things as I pulled out of the parking lot. I took it slow at first, but as I went along and had made several turns without noticing any shimmy or sway at all, I became bolder and started to really TRY and get a little fishtail action going. Couldn't do it. (I picked my spots to experiment carefully, in case you are wondering.)

This is way too long already, but I have to say this:

Bob, you were the most gracious host I could ever have hoped for. Folks, the friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful guy you know around the forum is at least ten times that in real life. I can never thank you enough for what was a truly kind thing you did. :worthy:

Mac, you were kind of on the quiet side, but it was easy to see that you are a very sharp young man and a fast learner. It was a pleasure meeting you. :)

Ted, it was great meeting you as well. Yours is the first KK I have seen in person that I really, REALLY liked. You have done a great job building it up. It was fun swapping old Navy stories with you, too.

Tom, having you drive all that way (and back, of course), just to give me a hand was incredible. Your knowledge and expertise are amazing and your skill as a mechanic is unbelievable. On top of everything else, you are a really nice guy and a lot of fun to spend a day working with. I feel truly fortunate to have had your hand guiding (and mostly doing, along with Bob) this job.

I'll wrap it up, but there will be a few pictures, some measurements, and my thoughts as I was out doing some serious driving today. It's all positive and I can't wait to share it, but it's 2am and I need to see if I can get a little sleep. :)

Last edited: